Chain Heal changes in the PTR

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
1 2 3 6 Next
The changes to Resto Shama in the PTR is CHAIN HEAL CENTRIC.

State of raid healing classes in the PTR:

- Disc has a 5% nerf on their atonement.
- Holy and MW remains the same.
- Note that Holy got a 4% FLAT HEALING BUFF A FEW DAYS AGO at the cost of +5% mana cost on Binding Heal (their spammable raid healing spell that heals 2 targets + the priest).
- Tranquility nerfed. Some healing transferred to Wild Growth buff.

Italics = OLD
BOLD = NEW

- Chain Heal Heals the friendly target for [ 105% [ 140% of Spell Power ], then jumps to heal the most injured nearby party or raid members. Healing is reduced by 15% after each jump. Heals 3 total targets then jumps to 2 most injured nearby allies. Healing is reduced by 30% with each jump. Shaman - Restoration Spec. Shaman - Restoration Spec. 25% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.
- High Tide Chain Heal bounces to 1 additional targets, and its falloff with each bounce is reduced by half Every X mana you spend brings a High Tide, making your next 2 Chain Heals heal for an additional 20% and not reduce with each jump.

Edit: X=40,000 as of oct 24

TLDR;
- Chain heal buffed roughly 33%
- High Tide talent no longer increases chain heal bounce.
- High Tide still a passive. Removes fall off penalty of Chain Heal and increases your next 2 Chain Heals by an additional 20% (after spending 30k mana, lasts 15 seconds)
[quote][quote]

These changes are a ~15% buff to Chain Heal's total healing.

Edit: Breakdown by targets:
1st: 33.3% more
2nd: 9.8% more
3rd: 9.6% less
4th: 25.6% less
Holy !@#$ this buff
10/17/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Paoweesh

- Chain heal buffed roughly 40%

It's actually 33.33%.

Repeating, of course.
10/17/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Nostramo
Holy !@#$ this buff

Can you imagine, chain heal healing for 20% more, on top of healing 33% more, and having 0% jump penalty compared to live.

Brb stacking more crit*
Chain heal on life realms with high tide as talent: 11.5k>9.4k>8.2K>7.1k=36.2k healing.
Chain heal on ptr with the high tide: 12.5k>7.1k>4.2k=23.8k. With proc from high tide its 17.5k x3 =52.5k.

You need to spend 30k mana to get high tide proc. Now count how many chain heal cast you can do during raid fight .. id say around 42 if you got innervates. So every 6 casts you can do 2 casts with high tide.
Just to avoid any confusion that may be occurring due to tooltips on PTR:

• Chain Heal's base functionality is unchanged, other than receiving a large healing increase (roughly speaking, baking in most of the value of the previous High Tide).
  • High Tide is redesigned, but is still a passive--the mana cost in the tooltip header is an error.

Brief context: as a passive buff to every Chain Heal, High Tide was putting it in an awkward position where the base skill wasn't very prominent in the toolkit if you used other talents. The goal here is to both put Chain Heal back on the map while using Ascendance or Wellspring in any type of content, and also provide a talent option which allows for strong moments centered around very large Chain Heals.

Usual PTR disclaimers: still under iteration, open to feedback, not necessarily tuned.
10/17/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Sigma
Just to avoid any confusion that may be occurring due to tooltips on PTR:

• Chain Heal's base functionality is unchanged, other than receiving a large healing increase (roughly speaking, baking in most of the value of the previous High Tide).
  • High Tide is redesigned, but is still a passive--the mana cost in the tooltip header is an error.

Brief context: as a passive buff to every Chain Heal, High Tide was putting it in an awkward position where the base skill wasn't very prominent in the toolkit if you used other talents. The goal here is to both put Chain Heal back on the map while using Ascendance or Wellspring in any type of content, and also provide a talent option which allows for strong moments centered around very large Chain Heals.

Usual PTR disclaimers: still under iteration, open to feedback, not necessarily tuned.

Is there a reason why High Tide is now a burst window option rather than a sustained option? All three level 100 talents are now burst window oriented and there is no option for sustained healing. Also the 15 second duration on High Tide stacks is incredibly low to get meaningful use out of them in most boss encounters. Perhaps it's due to lack of play with the new talent, but it seems as though we will need an external source to track our mana spent to make sure we cross the 30k threshold to proc High Tide at the right time. This can mean we sit on our hands doing literally nothing for a few seconds to ensure that we do not waste High Tide or we get the proc early, waste it because the incoming raid damage isn't present and we have to quickly dump mana to get back to procing High Tide as high raid damage is incoming.
Once again shamans get detailed feedback and priests, along with most other classes, still don't even know what Blizzard intends to change, if anything, in 8.1 -- also the pattern of the Q&A's, both live and on Reddit, in BFA so far.
10/17/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Juulnel

You need to spend 30k mana to get high tide proc.
Sorry i missed it, where does it say you need to spend 30k mana to get a proc?

From Wowhead

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-ne

High Tide - Every 0 mana you spend brings a High Tide, making your next 2 Chain Heals heal for an additional 20% and not reduce with each jump.
10/17/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Waywithwords
Once again shamans get detailed feedback and priests, along with most other classes, still don't even know what Blizzard intends to change, if anything, in 8.1 -- also the pattern of the Q&A's, both live and on Reddit, in BFA so far.

I know we're all frustrated, but can we please stop with this.

Ellipsis...
If you log on ptr it says under the talent description.

Also Maeveycakes has the point. The proc need to have 0 timelimit.
10/17/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Paoweesh

If you log into ptr you will see it, the tooltips that were datamined are incorrect.
10/17/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Juulnel
If you log on ptr it says under the talent description.

Thank you.

So we need to spend 30k mana to get a High Tide proc that lasts 15 seconds? Does it stack? That doesn't sound too good now.
10/17/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Hpellipsis
10/17/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Waywithwords

Ellipsis...

I'll stop when they bother to talk to us. It's been months and months of silence. It's entirely unacceptable.
10/17/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Paoweesh
- Note that Holy got a 4% FLAT HEALING BUFF A FEW DAYS AGO at the cost of +5% mana cost on Binding Heal (their spammable raid healing spell that heals 2 targets + the priest).

Binding Heal is a niche healing spell. It heals TWO people instead of the ONE that Heal would heal. The extra heal it does to the priest themselves is not always good if the priest is already at full HP. Circle of Healing is a much better option since it heals a total of 5 people and is a "smart heal". And for M+ Surge of Light is the preferred heal since your healer is expected to do damage as well as healing.
10/17/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Waywithwords
10/17/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Hpellipsis

Ellipsis...

I'll stop when they bother to talk to us. It's been months and months of silence. It's entirely unacceptable.

and priests had feedback and replies during alpha/beta, while shaman didn't.

Everyone suffers when the communication has been bad. Please try to stay on topic with things or make your own posts regarding priests.
Im a little confused on how exactly weve been "buffed". Based on Juulnels math, a single chain heal will now heal for less total healing than the old chain heal. It may hit each target harder, but less overall healing.

as for High Tide, is that really gonna be better than Wellspring or Ascendance?

I mean dont get me wrong, you can stack up dirty chain heals now. My shaman isnt 120 yet, hes 117. But normally chain heals, as of 8.1 are 5.5k, between unleash life, deluge, high tide, and a crit, i got my CHAIN HEAL to crit for 23.5k, and thats a chain heal that wouldnt reduce with each jump, which is insane (for reference i have 56k hp). The problem is hte amount of setup that required, I just dont see it being better than wellspring, an ability that fills a gap shamans have, unlimited target aoe heal
10/17/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Paoweesh

From Wowhead

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-ne

High Tide - Every 0 mana you spend brings a High Tide, making your next 2 Chain Heals heal for an additional 20% and not reduce with each jump.

You see where it says "Every 0 mana you spend..." the 0 is a placeholder value on wowhead. It's 30k in game.
<span class="truncated">...</span> Sorry i missed it, where does it say you need to spend 30k mana to get a proc?

From Wowhead

You see where it says "Every 0 mana you spend..." the 0 is a placeholder value on wowhead. It's 30k in game.

Yeah thanks. A guy clarified that above.

So... spend 30k mana, and get a (15 second) High Tide buff. I don't know how I feel about that short duration =/