Accept the good game is gone and not coming back

General Discussion
I don’t think LFR or any individual new mechanic is to blame, but instead a gradual shift in both the development and the community over time.

Games like WoW lose their flavor / wonder / epicness when things begin to be widely understood at a numerical level - stat weights, simming, mathematically ideal rotations, etc - the prevalence of this kind of information makes the game inherently drier to play since there is no fantasy aspect to it anymore.

Additionally, the massive streamlining all classes and specs have experienced over many subsequent expansions has turned them all into cookie-cutter shells of their former selves.

It’s not wholly unrecoverable, but, the whole sense of adventure and character progression are gone. Everything is datamined, simmed, streamlined, and, in some cases, intentionally made boring to incentivize sales of services.
10/19/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Sundaebae
Being how BFA is catering more and more to casuals, at least us elitists will have Classic.

Any casual that tries to play in the big boy league, a.k.a. Classic, is bound to get rekt.

I mean you had Wildstar.

What happened there Mr. Hardcore?
Guess us “Plebs” have the one thing that really matters in life, persistence.

We’ll see you again soon when you tire of complaining about the “one thing added that will make Classic better” and return here. Quitting seems your style.
10/19/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Akston
10/19/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Unchaindhunt
I know its hard, if you are anything like me and have played this game for along time you remember when it was truly epic, and an amazing experience

but i think the time has come that we have to accept the good times are gone and arnt coming back, just let the LFR plebs have the game at this point

move on, we can always hope that one day a new MMO will come out that is decent

and assuming they dont change anything, at least we will have Classic

Look at the non AOTC plebes talking about Classic again.

Lol he is in my guild he quit before we even started getting far in raid because he was not enjoying the expansion, We are currently 4/8 Mythic. Look at the guy who can't get past 2/8M where every1 on my server can pug that far easily.
10/19/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Dirge
Guess us “Plebs” have the one thing that really matters in life, persistence.

We’ll see you again soon when you tire of complaining about the “one thing added that will make Classic better” and return here. Quitting seems your style.

i played WoW for 13 years and quitting is my style? it seems like it took quite a lot to get me to quit
10/19/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Cheesecaked
10/19/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Akston

Look at the non AOTC plebes talking about Classic again.

Lol he is in my guild he quit before we even started getting far in raid because he was not enjoying the expansion, We are currently 4/8 Mythic.

LuL hey cheese
I used to kinda be bummed about the "state of the game", and all of the changes sorta being not better for my playstyle.

Like, the game is now much faster, gear escalation, just silly, in my opinion.

But, you know, the game is going to change. The world changes. People change.

It isn't too much of a stretch to say that human beings, the way they communicate, attention spans, etc, these things are all DIFFERENT than when WoW started, and it's only been 14 years.

So, to get to it.... Yep, the game has changed. But you just kinda have to adapt and go with it. Or, don't play it.
Don't engage in discourse with the noobs.

They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

laughs in hidden
Been hearing this all the way back to TBC.
10/19/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Therric
10/19/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Sundaebae
Being how BFA is catering more and more to casuals, at least us elitists will have Classic.

Any casual that tries to play in the big boy league, a.k.a. Classic, is bound to get rekt.

I mean you had Wildstar.

What happened there Mr. Hardcore?

Yes yes, it failed for catering to the hardcore. It would seem that WoW is going to the other extreme.....free loot pinata for all, anyone can get lucky and get anything that a mythic raider has, no real sense of progression. Another few years going in this direction and this will be the new club penguin, just an online social hub with no real point to actually doing anything in the game.
10/19/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Frostedloops
10/19/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Helaina

Stopped here.

Why? He's not wrong
10/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Witewulf

wtf are you even talking about? There's way more content available for those that prefer more organization.

Yeah no, if you look at BFA's main feature (Snorefront and Snoreland Adventure), its pretty clear they cater this game to grandmas these days.
10/19/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Frostedloops
10/19/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Helaina

Stopped here.

Why? He's not wrong
Hmm...the game is not as good as your glasses remember. With all that grind came something else, more grind.

You think a gated rep grind is bad? Well, let me remind you of sequential attunements.
10/19/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Unchaindhunt
10/19/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Cheesecaked

Lol he is in my guild he quit before we even started getting far in raid because he was not enjoying the expansion, We are currently 4/8 Mythic.

LuL hey cheese

rofl

This is too good.
I know its hard, if you are anything like me and have played this game for along time you remember when it was truly epic, and an amazing experience

but i think the time has come that we have to accept the good times are gone and arnt coming back, just let the LFR plebs have the game at this point

I agree the game will never be as good as it used to be but LFR isn't the reason. I know you said that as a dig.

Let us have flying at level cap
Get rid of ilvl scaling (zone/level scaling can stay)
Get rid of titanforging
Ease up on the RNG within RNG
Get rid of azerite armor
Bring back class tier sets

Do the steps above and it'll be well on it's way to being an amazing game again.
Meh - I think the game is better in some respects, and worse in others.
10/19/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Alårak
10/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Witewulf

wtf are you even talking about? There's way more content available for those that prefer more organization.

Yeah no, if you look at BFA's main feature (Snorefront and Snoreland Adventure), its pretty clear they cater this game to grandmas these days.

Even ghostcrawler said it was nice to not worry about making a game that caters to grandmas when he left Blizzard.
I agree, but we have to let go the whole game , classic included. it is time to move on it was a great run and i loved being part of it but all good things have to have an end.

So dramatic.