Legacy Servers

General Discussion
If they made a legacy server for each expansion...which one would you play on and why???
BC or MoP.
Mists of Pandaria, Wrath, or BC in that order.

Mists felt... really nice for the classes I played and, excluding pandaren everywhere, the zones were well-drawn, the story was understandable, and the idea of our characters conquering their inner demons after so many years of having a thousand-yard stare from the horrible murders, animal slaughters, and so forth we've done was a pretty good one.

Our characters don't talk for us in lore because they're traumatized at this point, I swear. At least a few of my warriors are likely wondering: "HOW DID I JUST JUMP OFF A FIVE THOUSAND YARD CLIFF AND CHARGE SOMETHING AND NOT GET HURT?!"
None of them, because they would all have a minuscule population and nothing would get done.
Just the plain old current live version. Because I've already played the previous games.
I would try MoP again, but the problem with legacy servers is there is no new content, so I'd get bored after a while and move on.
Probably none.

I played them all, and my memory is good enough that I remember the content that was present in each ... and what wasn't, compared to this day and age.
None, because although every expansion had its redeeming features I don't want to be frozen in time.
None.

I've already played those, so it would be pointless for me to play those where I was locked into only playing those.

My reason for playing a Wow expansion was always that they are a limited time endeavor, knowing that at some point it would end and I'd be in the NEXT expansion is what kept me going. So in my own scrubby, mainly soloing way, I'm always trying to be the best I can be in the current limited expansion.

I think they kind of missed the boat with "Classic" as well. When I think about what I really hated about Vanilla Wow, it was that a 40 person guild only raiding thing, with DKP points or junk, was the only way to go. They are honestly doing the OPPOSITE of what they should have done, we ALREADY TRIED THAT.

What they should have done was taken Vanilla, then added what it did NOT have. They should have given it transmog, flying AND group finding LFR. My experience in Vanilla was the WORST, since I could not be a part of a 40 person fielding raiding guild, for five hours a night five days a week. LFR would fix that, for today's Wow player.
10/21/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Kypookins
None.

I've already played those, so it would be pointless for me to play those where I was locked into only playing those.

My reason for playing a Wow expansion was always that they are a limited time endeavor, knowing that at some point it would end and I'd be in the NEXT expansion is what kept me going. So in my own scrubby, mainly soloing way, I'm always trying to be the best I can be in the current limited expansion.

I think they kind of missed the boat with "Classic" as well. When I think about what I really hated about Vanilla Wow, it was that a 40 person guild only raiding thing, with DKP points or junk, was the only way to go. They are honestly doing the OPPOSITE of what they should have done, we ALREADY TRIED THAT.

What they should have done was taken Vanilla, then added what it did NOT have. They should have given it transmog, flying AND group finding LFR. My experience in Vanilla was the WORST, since I could not be a part of a 40 person fielding raiding guild, for five hours a night five days a week. LFR would fix that, for today's Wow player.

Then it looks like Vanilla is not and will not be for you. They wanted to appeal to a certain customer base and the people saying what Vanilla *should* have are the ones they should not be appealing to.
I think I would get tired of ANY expansion after playing it 6 or 8 years.

I think that is the whole reason why long-time-players hate BFA. They are tired of the game after 6 or 10 or 13 years. And BFA is still the SAME GAME...

None of us can be objective about "which expansion was best". We all change -- and change a lot -- while playing the game for years.

But it is valid to say that one ruleset "fit me better, was more fun for me". That is valid. Something as big as class-pruning did ruin things for some players.

Then it looks like Vanilla is not and will not be for you. They wanted to appeal to a certain customer base and the people saying what Vanilla *should* have are the ones they should not be appealing to.

People with the time to play five to seven days a week, every week. Who has time for that? I'm a shut in on social security and I'm too busy for that.
10/21/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Tache
[

People with the time to play five to seven days a week, every week. Who has time for that? I'm a shut in on social security and I'm too busy for that.

I've been on a number of... how do you say... illicit servers while at a 12 hour a day job with a rotating shift. I kept up pretty well and still managed to raid.

Don't over-exaggerate. There's a difference in just being flat bad and not knowing what you're doing to level. Will I tell how I level so quickly? Not really.
I'd play WotLK so I can get my Blood DPS spec back.
I loved MoP, just an all around great expansion. So many people hated on it because it had pandas, but the art was insanely beautiful, the quests were fun, the story was great.. it was just a great expansion.
Vanilla or wotlk
I think... wrath. I enjoyed BC and Wrath.

If I were to grade the expansions:

Vanilla: B
BC: A-
Wrath: A
Cata: C
MoP: B
WoD: C-
Legion: B-
BoA: B+

Yes - I put BoA above MoP. I actually enjoy BoA... I didn't like MoPs story (just my opinion)
The holy trinity... vanilla, tbc, lick king
Cata, I wasn’t here, took a break.
Wrath, so I could get my Frostfire spec back.

And MoP because I miss it.