mooncloth robe (race-changing)

General Discussion
so i want to race-change this char to a nelf, hopfully pretty soon, and i've been thinking about the mog that i want her to have.... and what better mog for a nelf priest then the mooncloth robe style. so i asked my guildmates if anyone could tailor for me if i got the matts myself, and thankfully someone agreed. this is where it gets "fun". i know very little of tailoring... or any profession for that matter, so im not exactly sure where to get the matts, or how hard it's going to be.... but considering how rarely you see someone wearing a mooncloth robe, im going to take a wild guess and say that it's not easy to make one. so im going to need as much help as i can get.

it would really be great if you guys could provide me with some info.

first, where can i obtain:
1. bolt of runecloth
2. golden pearl
3. rune thread
4. mooncloth

and secondly, how hard is this exactly?

P.S. i dont know if anyone has the matts to spare, but if you have anything thats in the list above that you can afford to spare, i would really appreciate it if you sent it my way. thanks. (garrosh)

edit#2: im all good guys, i got help from a friend! but thanks you all so much for the help!
Enchanted leather requires 1 rugged leather and 3 greater eternal essence per piece, the leather comes from beasts around level 60 and the essence comes from disenchanting vanilla gear and combining lesser essences. Azerothian diamond can drop from thorium veins, and nodes mined in the ahn'qiraj raids.

You will need felcloth for mooncloth, which you can get from BC dungeons (the hellfire ramparts is a decent place to spamfarm for this), then you must stand next to a moonwell to actually craft it.

Golden pearls are also required for mooncloth robe, i farmed these in Tanaris from the sea giants on the shore, but they can be farmed from murlocs, naga and other aquatic beings around the same level bracket as well.

Mass murdering blackrock orcs in burning steppes piles up runecloth pretty fast, the thread can be bought from a tailoring or leatherworking vendor.

The longest thing for me to get was the pearls, since the clams can drop more than one kind.
Man, I wish you were on my main realm. I'd be happy to give you the mats or make it for you. One of the perks of being a pack rat is having stockpiles of old mats stored away for a rainy day. :-)

You don't have an Alliance character on Alleria or Khadgar, do you?

Also, do you mean this Mooncloth Robe?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=18486/mooncloth-robe#created-by-spell

If so, it doesn't take enchanted leather to make, or a diamond. Just runecloth, mooncloth (which is made from felcloth), the thread and the golden pearls. The rune thread can be purchased from any tailor supply vendor and some trade goods vendors.

For the cloth, you'll need:

24 pieces of runecloth (=6 bolts of runcloth)
8 pieces of felcloth (=4 pieces of mooncloth)

Felcloth can be tricky. It has a low drop rate from demons only. Here's a list of creatures that have a chance to drop it. Looks like Dire Maul dungeon might be a good place to farm. There used to be a good spot with fast respawning imps in Swamp of Sorrows that was good, too.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=14256/felcloth#dropped-by
10/24/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Anthiia
so i want to race-change this char to a nelf, hopfully pretty soon, and i've been thinking about the mog that i want her to have.... and what better mog for a nelf priest then the mooncloth robe style. so i asked my guildmates if anyone could tailor for me if i got the matts myself, and thankfully someone agreed. this is where it gets "fun". i know very little of tailoring... or any profession for that matter, so im not exactly sure where to get the matts, or how hard it's going to be.... but considering how rarely you see someone wearing a mooncloth robe, im going to take a wild guess and say that it's not easy to make one. so im going to need as much help as i can get.

it would really be great if you guys could provide me with some info.

first, where can i obtain:
1. bolt of runecloth
2. azerothian diamond
3. rune thread
4. mooncloth
5. enchanted leather

and secondly, how hard is this exactly?

P.S. i dont know if anyone has the matts to spare, but if you have anything thats in the list above that you can afford to spare, i would really appreciate it if you sent it my way. thanks.

https://www.wowhead.com/

^ Get acquainted with this website if you've never used it. I promise it will become your best friend in situations such as this ^_~
There's no way to transfer an item from one server cluster to another, is there? Even via the AH? Chances of it being sniped are ridiculously high.
If it still works this way, it could still be traded to her for transmog through making a trial toon on a different server
thank you all so much, you're all being super kind and helpful.
10/24/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Anthiia
thank you all so much, you're all being super kind and helpful.

If you want to try making a 110 trial Alliance character on Alleria/Khadgar to see if I can send you the mats that way, feel free to message me in game. I'll only be online about another half hour tonight but I'll be back on again sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. :-)

Truthspeaker-Alleria
10/24/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Jim
There's no way to transfer an item from one server cluster to another, is there? Even via the AH? Chances of it being sniped are ridiculously high.

Only thing she really has to do once getting the item is equip it on a cloth wearing character that meets the level requirement. Once it's soulbound to a character, it's added to your t-mog collection. There's no need for any of these AH shenanigans.

Or am I reading this wrong? Are you offering to make her one?

All that being said, there is apparently one for sale on your server Anth. Just be prepared to part with a fair amount of gold if you go the AH route. Their asking price is 30K.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/garrosh/item/18486
10/24/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
Man, I wish you were on my main realm. I'd be happy to give you the mats or make it for you. One of the perks of being a pack rat is having stockpiles of old mats stored away for a rainy day. :-)

You don't have an Alliance character on Alleria or Khadgar, do you?

Also, do you mean this Mooncloth Robe?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=18486/mooncloth-robe#created-by-spell

If so, it doesn't take enchanted leather to make, or a diamond. Just runecloth, mooncloth (which is made from felcloth), the thread and the golden pearls. The rune thread can be purchased from any tailor supply vendor and some trade goods vendors.

For the cloth, you'll need:

24 pieces of runecloth (=6 bolts of runcloth)
8 pieces of felcloth (=4 pieces of mooncloth)

Felcloth can be tricky. It has a low drop rate from demons only. Here's a list of creatures that have a chance to drop it. Looks like Dire Maul dungeon might be a good place to farm. There used to be a good spot with fast respawning imps in Swamp of Sorrows that was good, too.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=14256/felcloth#dropped-by

yup, that ones spot on. and thanks for the offer anyways, thats very generous of you.

edit: Sure! whenever is good for you, ill try and do it now, but if i dont catch you in time, no worries.
10/24/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Smallblade
10/24/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Jim

Only thing she really has to do once getting the item is equip it on a cloth wearing character that meets the level requirement. Once it's soulbound to a character, it's added to your t-mog collection. There's no need for any of these AH shenanigans.

All that being said, there is apparently one for sale on your server Anth. Just be prepared to part with a fair amount of gold if you go the AH route. Their asking price is 30K.

lmao yeah i saw that. im a broke lil hobo though, so thats not gonna happen. and even if had the gold i probably wouldn't, it's incredibly over-priced
It really isn't worth 30k, especially since the hardest thing about it is opening clams for 45 or so minutes for some pearls
I am always broke lol and I still do these things. I just made a mount for a new person on wow. I figure he needed a cool panther. It don't hurt to help others.
10/24/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Anthiia
<span class="truncated">...</span>

lmao yeah i saw that. im a broke lil hobo though, so thats not gonna happen. and even if had the gold i probably wouldn't, it's incredibly over-priced

Well, if you've got a 110+ character that you don't mind devoting gathering professions to, then take up mining/herbs.

Mind you, it's rather server dependent, but I can easily pull in 7-10K an hour on Draenor/Echo Isles if I'm fully devoted to gathering mats. Even if I'm just actively questing and doing it halfheartedly, it's still a quick way to get yourself 2-5K a session provided you use common sense with your AH posting. Herbs are always in demand for potions. Mining isn't nearly as lucrative right now. Hell, on some servers Platinum sells for cheaper than Monelite which is very messed up. However, I'm banking on future patches raising the Platinum value.

Bare minimum? Always have a character in current expansion content that can do herbs as it's one of the most consistent ways to bring in a steady amount of gold ^_~

EDIT: Just took a look. As far as ore goes, your server looks to be similar to mine. For herbs, some things are a little cheaper, others on par, but your Anchor Weed price is up there. Almost 500 gold per unit. On Draenor/Echo, I'm generally lucky to sell them at 200-250 per unit.
Im kind of curious why race change. light forge make decent shadow priest. there racial not great. But it adds flavor. Something about being shadow kind of edgy.
If I was to changed it would be NF, void elf definitely or iron draw.
10/24/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Whatever
I am always broke lol and I still do these things. I just made a mount for a new person on wow. I figure he needed a cool panther. It don't hurt to help others.

Sadly, not enough people with that mindset anymore :-/
10/24/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Smallblade
10/24/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Whatever

Sadly, not enough people with that mindset anymore :-/

Yup. I remember when locks and mages would open trade and give you cookies and food for free. Like all time. now cant even get them to do it in a raid in less ask at least three times. Just using as example.
10/24/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Swiftraven
If it still works this way, it could still be traded to her for transmog through making a trial toon on a different server

Thank you for that idea. It totally worked. :-)
10/24/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Striff
Im kind of curious why race change. light forge make decent shadow priest. there racial not great. But it adds flavor. Something about being shadow kind of edgy.

Well, it can sometimes be as simple as aesthetics. For years, I played the original Lilus as a human. When WoD came around, I make the switch to a gnome for several reasons:

#1: Something different
#2: Humans just look boring, especially after playing them nearly exclusively since launch
#3: Think about it: a death knight with two swords made of ice (Phantom Blades), dark armor, and a vicious look that screams murderous intent.....and she's three feet tall with pink hair. I'm sorry, but the mental image of something so ludicrous brings a smile to my face XD

Not everything has to be min/maxed to death for the best possible combination of racial/class abilities.
10/24/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Striff

funny story, i made the unfortunate mistake of using my boost on a lf as soon as i unlocked the race, it was probably out of pure excitement. later on i regretted it bc i just ended up leveling a lf pally anyways. so this char is kind of unused at the moment. so i figure, since i like nelves, and the mooncloth robe is pretty cool, along with this new gorgeous pvp set thats coming out in 8.1 for cloth wearer's, i might as well change to a nelf and get some use out of this toon