Insult to Injury to the Horde

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
Oh, that's right, people went Horde for the story. Couldn't have anything to do with the prettiest race having an ability that trivialized (and STILL DOES coughking'srestcough) a lot of the hardest pulls in high key M+, the best and fastest way to gear characters.
I will believe this 'alliance win' when it doesnt end with a.. and then sylvannas got deus ex machina and flew away. If we do kill someone i bet they get brought back as undead or some other nonsense.
The horde here seem to be blinded by so much petty emotions and lashing out at anything Blue.
10/25/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Lumineus
Oh, that's right, people went Horde for the story. Couldn't have anything to do with the prettiest race having an ability that trivialized (and STILL DOES coughking'srestcough) a lot of the hardest pulls in high key M+, the best and fastest way to gear characters.

Yeah because the imbalance ONLY existed in this expansion. Yup, thats right, it was completely balanced in every other expansion. It hasn't been trending more and more horde for years now.. no sir, not at all, it was fine until this ONE racial ability just totally tipped the balance to horde so much that alliance is basically dead.

Do you even listen to yourself? How many people do you even think DO high level mythic dungeons? The rates are far lower than you think. Yeah, the higher end players do them, and yeah they'd all faction swap for an advantage because they're basically NPCs at this point. But they do not, and never have, represent the majority of the player base who largely do casual content, level alts, play casual pvp, and so on.
10/26/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Darkenstein
The horde here seem to be blinded by so much petty emotions and lashing out at anything Blue.

I personally have no problem with alliance players in general. Got plenty of friends outside of game and in IRL who play alliance in game. My problem is with 1) the story and by extension the terrible writers, and 2) the alliance players who seem to think they're supposed just be stomping the horde and winning at every single turn, but then also turn around and cry about the victories they do win time and time again not being good enough or "real" victories because it wasn't some kind of perfect victory shrouded in rainbows and unicorn farts after which they're treated to the distinct pleasure of being allowed to felate manduin or cry and cut themselves along side jania while they tell her its all going to be okay

Alliance have had a crap load of victories, have (with VERY few exceptions) been universally portrayed as "the good guys," have lost basically no leaders (have they lost any of them besides varian?... I honestly cant think of any) while the horde leadership has become a game of hotpotato apparently, and now the alliance are getting an overwhelming victory in 8.1 with the SOLE drawbacks of jania getting a booboo and a meaningless gnome being stuck in cryosleep for awhile (no one even remembered that leader existed till he showed up for the battle for lorderan).... but none of that is GOOD ENOUGH for some people on the alliance, they still claim "horde bias" exists in the writing. meanwhile our leaders are being painted as cucks or hitlers or traitors left and right and we have everything we worked for in 8.0 wiped out in a single raid.... but nah... totally horde bias

Again, my problem isn't with alliance in general. Its with the writers and the (vocal) few alliance who are being gift wrapped everything they SHOULD want, but its still not good enough for them
10/26/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Darkenstein

This
All these Horde tearing up at the thought of being evil and I'm just over here wanting to make a new highway through the Barrens. Paving it with Lightforged bones for the illumination and sprinkling the dust of a thousand singed night elves on it for flavor.

Forget Thrall's Horde and forget an honorbound horde. I want to pillage, to conquer, to flatten Alliance cities and burn their people as they cower in their hovels.

Give the Alliance a real reason to fear us.
10/25/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Tannaril
We have an expansion plot that had one blogger on the edge of tears at what they have done to the Horde. (While all the "what a good story" comments I've seen are from pro-Alliance bloggers.) I've notice the raid partners from Legion who have decided to skip this expansion. Everywhere I look I see nothing be demoralization on the Horde side.

Alliance players response? Horde bias! They complain about anything they didn't get (yes, even mounts!) and demand that Blizzard give them whatever they want (such as stealing Horde races) to "make up" for the "bias".
---
Horde: We don’t want to be made into the villains in this expansions (_again_).
Alliance: We want more victories.

Blizzard: OK! We hear you! Horde, you will be villains! Alliance, you will, after an initial set-back to make the Horde evil, get victories. (Horde, you don’t get any victories, unless you count the one that destroys your morale as you are made evil. Again.)

Horde: WTF!
Alliance: Our victories aren’t good enough! Horde Bias!
---

After my friend talked me out of unsubscribing, I stayed off the forums for while. Should have stayed off because the Alliance sense of entitlement just make one shake your head.

As I am sure you are well aware a group portraying themselves as victims that need special protection is a well worn strategy with the illogical and immature social justice warrior crowd. It is a bullying technique designed around constant virtue signaling and crying to obtain their objectives. Don't let it get you down, just enjoy the game.[li][/li]
10/25/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Puzle

You know why people don't play Alliance? You need me to lay this out for you? Fine, since this seems to be beyond people like you. ITS BECAUSE NO ONE WITH A BRAIN LIKES A MARY SUE, which is what the entire Alliance is made out to be in the story.

Says the NE.

And still we saw a lot of Horde posters, here on the GD, complaining about being tired playing the bad guys and Sylvannas evil actions.

The only reason that people didnt want to play Alliance have more to do with gameplay, like racials, than the lore. That's exactly how you got the best Alliances guilds and players switching to your side. Now you just want the best story. Being the good one. So that tell me since Classic the Horde players secretely just want to be what the Alliance represent or was representing.

I would have really love to see the GD if all the devs would have played Alliance showing up in promotion videos and conventions with Alliance hats and shirts only. For me the problems are more there than the lore.
10/25/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Hamstar
10/25/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Idun

What was Horde favoritism is Dave Kozak saying outright Orgrimmar wasn't shown being damaged because it would upset Horde players.

Citation needed.

10/25/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Yesitsmyalt
Millennial argument. No one forced you to destroy your home. You pushed, we pushed back. You ran and destroyed everything on the way out, as Forsaken always do. Seriously, the Horde has a nuke to use in the land of swords and sorcery. "Oh no, we're losing! Bombs away!" "But we'll hurt our own people" "That's ok, we'll make more".

Are you saying your argument is a millennial argument? You did notice that we went out to save the horde who were getting plagued?

Dude, your arguments are obviously for the sake of arguing and nothing else.

Saying we forced you to destroy your own home is a very irrational statement and says a lot about your personality. You're deflecting. This is not healthy nor mature.
10/25/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Puzle
10/25/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Sydarar
If they keep enabling this false narrative among rabid Horde superfans, I wouldn't be shocked if the disparity reaches 70/30 or even 80/20. It's going to keep going until you log in and Boralus is a complete ghost town of alts and tourists-- but oh wait, it already is.

You know why people don't play Alliance? You need me to lay this out for you? Fine, since this seems to be beyond people like you. ITS BECAUSE NO ONE WITH A BRAIN LIKES A MARY SUE, which is what the entire Alliance is made out to be in the story. NOTHING about the alliance leadership or quests or anything is ever REALLY morally questionable or gray, you've been "the good guys" since WoW started and this has only gotten worse as times gone on.

Your quest lines are all about saving/helping/do-goodery, you're always (with very few exceptions) painted as the good guys, you're always the good guys in story conflicts. I mean name me one other major conflict between the horde and alliance where the horde painted as good and the alliance as at LEAST morally questionable.. I'll just be over here waiting.

I mean think about it, as far back as BC, the would-be blood elf leader got turned into a raid boss baddie, silvermoon was attacked from the backside, and your do-goody goat people are the only reason the blood elves aren't all withered husks, hooray alliance save the day

Or how about LK? Alliance are painted as the heroic leaders with bolvar and then the victims of an awful betrayal, the only morally dubious thing that happens for the alliance happens here when Varian attacks the horde leaders but oh lookie there, your emo mary sue comes in to save the day and stop the icky conflict.

Pandaland, your boy soon-to-be-king stops the icky horde using his love hammer but gets booboos and then from then on "aches whenever he is on the wrong path" (if that isnt mary sue I dont know what is), your leadership comes in and saves the day by aiding the rebellion and overthrowing garrosh. Oh right, forgot to add, read the pandaren text when you pick a faction, go on, google it.. see how it absolutely reeks of "THE ALLIANCE ARE THE GOOD GUYS.. the horde are... sometimes good? but kind of bad overall." yeah.. mary sue faction harder please.

Dreanor we actually team up and are "all" the good guys for awhile... it was also an unpopular expansion, go figure

Legion? Your leader literally sacrifices himself to be the ultimate good guy hero. Greymane gets his revenge by stopping sylvanas from getting immortality because she was so icky and mean to his son, and yay the good guy got his payback and walked away all sassy like! Your leaders are the ones who lead the charge on the nightmare and save the day by recusing the halfbreed deer man. Your leaders show up and help save the nightwell from guldan so neither side gets to claim the high ground here, but once again alliance are still on the good guy side. From there on the rest of the expansion was purely alliance leaders doing goody goody things and being general good guys constantly saving the day. The ONLY morally questionable thing here was turalion being basically brainwashed by the light version of a void lord, but oh look at that, your former night elf hero saves him. Meanwhile velen being perfect over and over.

And of course, going into this expansion, the goody good alliance were just being good bois and the icky horde attacked. And of course the goody goody anduin drops his sword in the middle of the UC battle and almost cries and summons all the goody healy light to save all the people HOORAY! Then he offers the horde the option to surrender, cause ya know, can't have one of the marys going to the dark side after all! ITS ALL GOOD, ALL THE TIME! God lets not even mention that your former dwarf king is now quite literally the speaker for the freaking planet, how do you even top that kind of mary sue? I dunno, but the writers are going to find a way by god, they've done it before and will do it again

Over and over and over and over again the Alliance are nothing more than a one dimensional representation of "the good guys." The only leader who is shady at times is greymane, and even then he was written to no longer hate the horde, just sylvanas, so even HE becomes another stupidly goody good good guy

Its BOOORRRINNNNGGGG, its awful writing, and its been the entire theme of the alliance this entire games lifetime. Not ONCE have the alliance been portrayed as the aggressors or bad guys or even so much as really morally questionable in the choices they made, and even the maybe ONE time they were (varian attacking thrall and co in the UC), ANOTHER alliance leader comes in to stop them and make them be good again.

THAT is one of the major reasons people dont play alliance. Your entire theme is boring and 1D "good." Meanwhile the horde is generally painted as being mostly morally questionable and generally just looking out for their own best interests and not trying to be freaking planateers all the time.

Its why we got sick of Thrall and were fine seeing him leaving. Its why many of us were annoyed at seeing Garrosh turned into a stereotypical villain because prior to that he was really the personification of what it was to be horde, not doing evil for evil sake, but understanding good and evil are supposed to be based on perspective, and focusing on doing right by his people. Its why we got annoyed at voljin being leader, and why we were happy to see him trashed in favor of sylvanas, and why we're NOW annoyed shes being painted as being another villain we'll have to turn against.

Because people don't like just "being the good guys" all the freaking time. Which is all the alliance do. You can say people don't play for the story in a lot of cases, and sure thats true, but the themes of a faction DO have an impact on players perceptions overall and will trend them one way or the other without them even realizing it. And frankly, no one with a brain likes a mary sue, which is ALL the alliance even is anymore, even if you did have some gray areas before, they're all basically gone now. So yeah, thats GOING to trend a lot of players towards horde without them even realizing it.

I mean, think about something like skyrim for example. How many people do you think played perfectly good upstanding heroes 100% of the time? How many joined the thieves guild, or dark brotherhood, and happily went around stealing or killing for their own gains? I'd wager the vast majority did. Why? because its FUN. Its far more interesting than just being "the good guy" all the damn time.

Theres your answer. Thats a large part of the faction imbalance. You want to reverse the trends? Start making the horde right and win once in awhile, and start letting the alliance eat some losses AND have their leaders turn to morally questionable decisions. Stop sucking off jania's lady wang, stop getting off to manduins purity of goodness, and start letting your leaders be more than one dimensional caricatures of "the good guy" and you'll start seeing people playing alliance more because "hey, the story here is actually becoming more interesting than 'were the good guys'"

The writers painting you into that corner. It has little to do with gameplay balance, or rather, it used to not. Now, people pick horde both for the better characters and because "everyone is horde." The player base drifted horde more and more due to bad writing for alliance, and now everyone is horde so people also go there for gameplay content.

Dont blame us, blame your leaders and the writers who insisted on making them always be "the good guys"

I think it has a lot more to do with racials. Case in point, forcing people to play as Alliance in the upcoming raid has many people outraged.
10/25/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Orenrik

There is no pleasing alliance players.

Come cry when one of your playable races is brought to the brink of extinction. Till then the Horde have nothing to complain about.
Ya know what? Everyone of you who is pointing their fingers at the other faction, are being idiotic. Take a deep breath, and look at this objectively. The ONLY finger pointing should be at Blizzard. Their monumentally trash writing is the cause of ALL of this.
I will say that the Horde is getting screwed royally in this expac, but the Alliance isn't that much better off. It comes down to the Horde Is getting pounded by the villain bat, and the Alliance keeps making stupid mistakes. This is why I wish they would give up on the faction war crap. They can't write it, and their game philosophy won't allow one side to win it. So then the fans get into a d*ck measuring contest on whose wins are better and screaming about bias this and bias that.

Ya'll need to grow the hell up.
Whoa. Who knew the world invading HORDE that tried to kill all living things on that world would be evil.
10/25/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Tannaril
We have an expansion plot that had one blogger on the edge of tears at what they have done to the Horde. (While all the "what a good story" comments I've seen are from pro-Alliance bloggers.) I've notice the raid partners from Legion who have decided to skip this expansion. Everywhere I look I see nothing be demoralization on the Horde side.

Alliance players response? Horde bias! They complain about anything they didn't get (yes, even mounts!) and demand that Blizzard give them whatever they want (such as stealing Horde races) to "make up" for the "bias".
---
Horde: We don’t want to be made into the villains in this expansions (_again_).
Alliance: We want more victories.

Blizzard: OK! We hear you! Horde, you will be villains! Alliance, you will, after an initial set-back to make the Horde evil, get victories. (Horde, you don’t get any victories, unless you count the one that destroys your morale as you are made evil. Again.)

Horde: WTF!
Alliance: Our victories aren’t good enough! Horde Bias!
---

After my friend talked me out of unsubscribing, I stayed off the forums for while. Should have stayed off because the Alliance sense of entitlement just make one shake your head.

Hey you're a member of the horde. NEWSFLASH: YOU ARE A VILLIAN!
10/25/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Dîomedes
Consider me an alliance blogger. The story all around sucks. The horde would never follow an undead abomination and the alliance wouldn't be this inept.

QFT

The storyline (using that term loosely) makes no sense whatsoever under the title of the expac. I have to admit i was excited about going back to the original premise of Humans vs Orcs (Ally vs Horde).
The beginning cut scenes were very emotive and set an excellent tone, however, the way it's being played out is like emo Jaina is emo, Kul'tiras could have been a side quest, it's fractured and disjointed and makes no sense whatsoever in Horde vs Ally context.

The way it was done in the beginning had both sides chomping at the bit to come out swinging, now it's like huh? But what does it all mean Basil?

The questing doesn't feel like part of the core story, the zone quests just ebb away to nothing. There's no sense of continuity to them, which is very unlike a wow expac.

I'm sure the best is yet to come, however, right now, it's a bit of a letdown and very uninspiring. The only thing keeping me playing is friends and only a few days to go until my sub runs out. I'm sure i'll resub but right now, there's not much incentive to as it feels pointless.
The Alliance are babies. Blizzard has to make the Horde the baddies so that kids on the Alliance feel good about themselves. Most Horde are mature enough not to care about a pithy story and just simply play the game. So the Horde win at pvp and now pve and the Alliance wins the immersion cry baby stuff on the forums. It all works out.
10/26/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Xugar
The Alliance are babies. Blizzard has to make the Horde the baddies so that kids on the Alliance feel good about themselves. Most Horde are mature enough not to care about a pithy story and just simply play the game. So the Horde win at pvp and now pve and the Alliance wins the immersion cry baby stuff on the forums. It all works out.

You can tell how mature the Horde are because they accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being babies.