Guild Housing

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
10/25/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Sharonbear
I still don't get why Blizzard doesn't implement it.

Look at FF14 or Guild Wars 2. WoW is just very far behind.
It's a MMO. You are supposed to belong to a guild, a community. And back in WotLK you were forced to be social, to make new friends.

With this sharding thingie im more distant to my fellow guildies (when not in the same party-warmode)
Server Community is already destroyed with CRZ.

The reason why they wont add this is due to the fact that they think cities will be dead, but we already have dead to low populated cities anyways. WoW, in terms of world engagement, is FAR BEHIND, but its fine when it comes to end game (Raids/Dungeons), though decisions need to be worked out with Devs and the community on certain things like this Azerite crap. Players have been asking for housing for how many years now? Look at Maple Story 2 guild fortress and housing plots and housing design, Archage or ESO. I'm telling you, Devs want players to have limitations and don't want players to have freedom like these other games that are "willing" to cater to these things for their player base. We have battle pets but no housing lol "shrug".
Guild housing in it's own shard would be amazing. Have stuff to work towards together inside it. You would actually see guildies and interact.

Blizzard please implement!! Also player housing to a much smaller extent please.
10/26/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Nawat
Guild housing in it's own shard would be amazing. Have stuff to work towards together inside it. You would actually see guildies and interact.

Blizzard please implement!! Also player housing to a much smaller extent please.

Why would I be in the Guild House instead of out:

- Doing dungeons
- Getting XP
- Collecting mats
- Gearing for raids
- Battle pets
- etc.

I think it would be real nifty to have a big player guild hall - but outside of "oh this looks neat" and RP events: what gameplay additions would it bring to the WoW formula?
10/26/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Jubearlee
10/26/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Nawat

Why would I be in the Guild House instead of out:

- Doing dungeons
- Getting XP
- Collecting mats
- Gearing for raids
- Battle pets
- etc.

I think it would be real nifty to have a big player guild hall - but outside of "oh this looks neat" and RP events: what gameplay additions would it bring to the WoW formula?

What would housing bring to WoW formula? Is that what you're asking?
10/26/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Hamidon

Yeah, for your typical player who doesn't transmog, doesn't RP, just shows up to do their quests, dungeons, and gearing: what would player housing do?

I'm open to ideas for gameplay expansions (someone mentioned a guild hall that would allow for guild vs guild PVP and that sounds neat) but I am having a hard time coming up with non-RP reasons to have a player house.
10/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Jubearlee

Yeah, for your typical player who doesn't transmog, doesn't RP, just shows up to do their quests, dungeons, and gearing: what would player housing do?

I'm open to ideas for gameplay expansions (someone mentioned a guild hall that would allow for guild vs guild PVP and that sounds neat) but I am having a hard time coming up with non-RP reasons to have a player house.

Because it caters to a % that want it like a % that only does Mythic + dungeons, or that % who run around on different alts gathering Transmogs, or Achievements or that % that focus only on Raiding and PVP or that % that mount farm or do Battle Pets or Farm just to gather gold. There are things in WoW that Cater to % of people, so I don't see why not having housing wouldn't build that immersion to character RP that also fall under a % of players, plus there are servers that cater to that % of RPers.
"They're afraid cities would be dead if they added guild housing"

"Auction houses aren't in new content because cities would be dead if they were"

So.... doesn't logic dictate they could add guild housing in, and keep cities busy by not adding an auction house function?
o.O I have an AH on my mount...
10/26/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Sairadoka
"They're afraid cities would be dead if they added guild housing"

"Auction houses aren't in new content because cities would be dead if they were"

So.... doesn't logic dictate they could add guild housing in, and keep cities busy by not adding an auction house function?

They could do what Archage did and create a town to build on and add certain vendors there and leave others in major cities. Same should be done with Guild housing. If you can do a class order hall, how can you not add something social like that into guild housing. Who knows they are far behind on ideas or executing things.
10/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Jubearlee

Guilds haven't gotten much. Try to search for one.. joke. Try "communities!" arguably a better way to communicate in WoW (cross realm even). No more ML *guild punch*.

It shouldn't be that hard to implement and it'd give a common place for guild mates to congregate that weren't grouped together. It's a fun concept that could be taken in a few different directions.

There's plenty of things in this game geared towards a specific area of game play that some people may or may not like. For me pet battles come to mind, I hate them. Doesn't mean everyone does.
10/25/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Sharonbear
WoD-Garrisons was a 99.9% solo experience.

Guild Housing is to be shared between your guildies.
(Also blizzard could implement rules to prevent corrupted guild leaders from selling the guild house like property)

Yes, but imagine if all your guildies were also hanging around your garrison, instead of just a bunch of NPCs....
That would be neat. I'd love to see Guild Housing actually become a thing.
We have the technologies! We have the powers! (but we don't have the housing yet... T_T )
>:3
10/26/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Hamidon
10/25/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Sharonbear
I still don't get why Blizzard doesn't implement it.

Look at FF14 or Guild Wars 2. WoW is just very far behind.
It's a MMO. You are supposed to belong to a guild, a community. And back in WotLK you were forced to be social, to make new friends.

With this sharding thingie im more distant to my fellow guildies (when not in the same party-warmode)
Server Community is already destroyed with CRZ.

The reason why they wont add this is due to the fact that they think cities will be dead, but we already have dead to low populated cities anyways. WoW, in terms of world engagement, is FAR BEHIND, but its fine when it comes to end game (Raids/Dungeons), though decisions need to be worked out with Devs and the community on certain things like this Azerite crap. Players have been asking for housing for how many years now? Look at Maple Story 2 guild fortress and housing plots and housing design, Archage or ESO. I'm telling you, Devs want players to have limitations and don't want players to have freedom like these other games that are "willing" to cater to these things for their player base. We have battle pets but no housing lol "shrug".

In FF14 housing my housing district is dead. Mainly cause people only go to their house when they are working on decorations and what not for the house. Rarely do people just hang out in the housing districts for no reason. Its pretty dead in my FC house and Private house district.
this can be implemented soo well too. they can use old content and old zones for items and things. quests and and scavenger hunt type things to find stuff for the housing. It would be so enguaging during down times. have a trophy room, and furniture in all areas of the world, I mean the options are limitless. it baffles me how azurite can make it into the game and something as appealing as housing doesn't. it does not need to be set up like garrisons keeping everyone in them at all times, it can be a progressive system that pushes people out all over the open world. the old world can be relevant again. its insane why they have not done something like this yet.
10/26/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Azuremi
10/26/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Hamidon

In FF14 housing my housing district is dead. Mainly cause people only go to their house when they are working on decorations and what not for the house. Rarely do people just hang out in the housing districts for no reason. Its pretty dead in my FC house and Private house district.

meanwhile cities in FFXIV are always packed. The fact that blizzard thinks that cities would be dead shows ow out of touch they really are.

Guild housing is so that the guild can have a common goal to work toward. Decorations would add SO much to crafting.... crafting so many decorative items, some of which should require rare boss drop mats, and they wouldn't affect players at all or create any type of imbalance...

god the amount of fun guild housing would add is just too much for blizzard.
I enjoyed the guild halls in Everquest. They needed RP couches, the place literally had no place to sit, But it was still quite cool. The guild would gather there and then port to the raid.
You know, in almost every game that has player housing, I almost never spend any time in my house. Why? Because nothing interesting ever happens in my house.

SW:TOR - player housing - boring spent some time there - plus as a Sith you get a sweet ship but again, didn't spend much time there
GW2 - player housing - went there 1 time
Mass Effect 3 - liked my swanky pad on the Citadel, but again didn't spend much time there
And others I'm sure I forgot about.

I'm also not a big fan of any of "The Sims" games, so there you go.

Guild housing is an even worse idea. IMO.
Look Blizzard puts a lot of time and effort into their capital cities for each expansion.

Sure WoD was an aberration. But at the end of the day, even in that expansion, they'd rather you hung out in Karabor than your garrison.

Oh wait....
No.
/end thread
10/26/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Sharonbear
Flying in Guild wars 2:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffon_(mount)

Also if you read that link above, you'll notice flying in GW2 cannot be done by pressing your auto-run button. It actually requires some skill.

I don't know anyone who flies by pressing an auto-run button. Is that how you do it? Why?

I know it's on the list of talking points why flight is bad, because 100% of people who fly are on auto-run the whole time, while people who are taking flight paths and are ordering pizza and opening beers are fully engaged in the game all the time.

LOL. Makes no sense to me.

For me, the garrison could have been greatly improved by the addition of a commander's quarters, even if it was just a little bedroom.

The main problem with guild halls is that there is no way to give content to guild members while not denying it to people who are guildless for whatever reason, or have not been able to join the right sort of guild, or are in that guild but belong to the wrong clique.

Unless they could figure that out, implementing Guild Halls would be just funneling free stuff to the right guilds while giving people who weren't in the right guilds a reason to quit.