Thoughts on Eye Beam changes on PTR?

Demon Hunter
Horrible nerf ... warrior are getting a talent nerf .. dks talent nerf .. yes our aoe dmg on zul or zek is freaking good but we are using fel barrage .. eye beam is pretty important in our st rotation .. as we are already pretty average on st .. nerf to aoe was needed .... eye beam clearly not the problem tho
11/01/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Typh
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548468#post-4

Well, seems like Eye Beam is escaping the nerf for the time being.

Does this mean less of a nerf or they are just completely getting rid of the nerf? Still sounds from the wording like they want to do some nerfing.
A blue post in the Tides of Vengeance PTR General forum stated that the eye beam changes, as well as similar changes other clssses received to their burst AOE (See the post regarding the WW nerf that has the blue reply) have been reverted in the next build for the PTR. They stated in essence that they do want Havoc DH and Arms Warriors to remain the kings of AOE burst, as they feel that is our niche, but they do want it reigned in somewhat, and they will continue to investigate ways to do it in a more reasonable manner than what this eye beam nerf entailed.
Victory
11/01/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Razeal
Counted as Chromatic damage all through legion, think it was that way for most of Beta as well.

Do you have a source for this? To my knowledge, Eye Beam has always scaled with our mastery. And mechanically, Chaos damage is "chromatic" insofar as it deals all schools and benefits from any effects that specifically buffed any specific school (like the P3 dudes on Argus)
Eye beam dmg has always scaled with mastery. Easily observed with any mastery proccing trinket
I bet they reduce the damage on secondary targets by some percentage, that's how they handled Strike of the WIndlord for monks back in Legion. That would suck for class fantasy though, I liked how havoc seemed to perform better the more adds they were facing.
11/02/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Felrond
I bet they reduce the damage on secondary targets by some percentage, that's how they handled Strike of the WIndlord for monks back in Legion. That would suck for class fantasy though, I liked how havoc seemed to perform better the more adds they were facing.

And we still will. They aren't going to remove the secondary damage, nor are they going to make us bad at AoE. They specifically backed these Eye Beam changes out because they wanted Havoc, among a handful of other specs, to be the dominant AoE specs, as they is our spec niche.
11/01/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Ojoverde
DHs are OP, 80k dps in trash pulls with 1 button was too much, not sure you didnt see this coming or why it took this long.

Lol people like you who spread misinformation --especially straight to the faces of the people playing the class need their forum privileges revoked.
Oh don't get me wrong, you're right, but them being 1st vs 3rd or whatever isn't really an issue in this case, point is they're doing very very well, especially on fights with AoE, so the nerf probably isn't just focused on Mythic+ dungeons.
I am not disputing that. I feel they really shine in Mythic dungeons though. We have one DPS tree to choose from, it should be pretty competitive IMO.

I've got to agree with you here. We've got two specs, tank and dps. Let's say, hypothetically, Havoc got a big nerf. We can't just change to our other DPS spec because it's the flavor of the month (or in this case flavor of the patch, lol).
So on mmo, did they just buff eye beam??

Blasts all enemies in front of you, dealing guaranteed critical strikes for a total of [ 191.2% [ 225% of Attack Power ] Chaos damage over 2 sec.
11/08/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Greazzy
So on mmo, did they just buff eye beam??

Blasts all enemies in front of you, dealing guaranteed critical strikes for a total of [ 191.2% [ 225% of Attack Power ] Chaos damage over 2 sec.

No. It's undoing the PTR nerf, so those are back to live numbers.

From Build:28294 on the 31st of october

Eye Beam (Havoc) Blasts all enemies in front of you, dealing guaranteed critical strikes for a total of [ 225% [ 191.2% of Attack Power ] Chaos damage over 2 sec.