give us back feint

General Discussion
I recently re upped to check out the new expansion. Always wanted a rogue, so said why not and boosted one. Also been messing with a few other classes. noticed in open world leveling the rogue is the only class i have played that gets hurt. Just a thought that if feint was reverted to allow more up time or do the thing they seem to love and give it two charges and a cooldown so you can't have it up always.. Thoughts?
Stop back talking, else blizzard will take away stealth next.
Not having the same problems you are friend.

Maybe try a little harder?
Lol a rogue complaining in BFA, that's rich man. Don't let any shamans see you. They might snap.
I get it. we have a good kit. but when i am trying to get stuff done open world the kit is not so good. having a hard time with stun immune mobs. its cool if someone else is there killing it can team up and get it done.
There's a rough patch after you hit 120 until your gear catches up. Grab a guild mate in the mean time, or have your guild run you through + once a week. Once you break the gear barrier, ~330?, you'll not feel so lightweight and things will improve.

Best wishes.
11/01/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Photoz
Lol a rogue complaining in BFA, that's rich man. Don't let any shamans see you. They might snap.

at this point i might switch to enhance at least i know when i can heal or not. this is not endgame its open world leveling.. maybe this is how its supposed to be have a hard time leveling compared to other classes yet good at end game.. dunno.
11/01/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Mossclaw
There's a rough patch after you hit 120 until your gear catches up. Grab a guild mate in the mean time, or have your guild run you through + once a week. Once you break the gear barrier, ~330?, you'll not feel so lightweight and things will improve.

Best wishes.

Thanks. sounds solid.
11/01/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Mossclaw

Best wishes.

This isn't unique to rogues, though.
Rogues should be glass cannons. Our damage potential should outweigh our survivability.
11/01/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Jamalia
Rogues should be glass cannons. Our damage potential should outweigh our survivability.

Should being the operative word. but you also have the highest survivability out of all the melee but feral which is really weird.
11/01/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Jamalia

This approach makes sense for ranged classes, melee? not so much
11/01/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Salestria
This isn't unique to rogues, though.

Nor did I say it was. The OP happens to be a Rogue. The advice is for anyone, really. There seems to be a bump in the scaling that makes it a bit rough once you ding, and you feel as if you've moved backwards in what you can pull off in the open world.
11/01/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Photoz

Spot on assumption lol. Ugh. Rogues, the bane of shamans. But you know you can spec into the talent that makes you reduce damage when feint is up right? If you're about to die, vanish and reset. The rotation for rogue is insanely easy and atleast from what I've done it's easy.
I like how they increased the energy cost to feint due to the legendary pants healing but never reverted the cost once legendaries became irrelevant.
Just a heads up this is not about pvp. i am just disconcerted that while other DPS can walk thru stuff i have to vanish it off and try again another day.. i Mean another day.
11/01/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Morguen
Just a heads up this is not about pvp. i am just disconcerted that while other DPS can walk thru stuff i have to vanish it off and try again another day.. i Mean another day.

Ah, you hurt me in a lot of ways lol. You've never played shaman.
11/01/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Sanityfalls
11/01/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Morguen

Ah, you hurt me in a lot of ways lol. You've never played shaman.

Haven't played a shaman lately.
If you didn't play rogue before, how is it that you're posting about how feint used to be?
My Rogue is not having any problems. I did switch over to Assassination from Outlaw, but that is because I found it more fun to play right now, both were good specs.

That is PvE world content only though as that's all I do. I don't do dungeons, raids or PvP.

Use sap a lot, use blind if needed, shadow step and use talents properly and you shouldn't have problems. :)

Garrote is your friend, keep bleeds up and poison.