Classic Demo is Disconcerting

Classic Discussion
I don't mean that because there is a bug here or a retail feature there. What I mean is the fact that they just released a beta that is such a bad example of the proposed Classic experience, simply because it needed to be out by Blizzcon.

With the release window given for summer 2019 and there still being so much work to do, I can't help but think that they are gonna rush out classic and release a mistake.

Thoughts?
they gave a release date? can u link me?
You are yet to tell us what you find disconcerting. The game is already done. It's been done for 14 years. What are you talking about?
Hopefully we receive clarification from the dev team either during or shortly after Blizzcon. This demo has the potential to kill more hype than it produces.
11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Vhok
they gave a release date? can u link me?

Release window, sorry. They didn't give an exact date.
11/02/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Switzy
Hopefully we receive clarification from the dev team either during or shortly after Blizzcon. This demo has the potential to kill more hype than it produces.

The demo was fine for a demo. Purists will find wrong with anything they can. Dont be that guy!
11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Skyharp
You are yet to tell us what you find disconcerting. The game is already done. It's been done for 14 years. What are you talking about?
The demo has huge problems and isn't quite resembling our 14 year old game.
11/02/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Grandyman

like what? examples. I enjoying the demo.

"HUGE PROBLEMS" How does that help anyone? It's a demo? They even stated that it was to garner feedback. Instead of whining, leave some detailed constructive feedback on what's wrong. Saying there are "HUGE PROBLEMS" doesn't help anyone
11/02/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Skyharp

The demo was fine for a demo. Purists will find wrong with anything they can. Dont be that guy!

Blizzard stated their goal was an authentic experience. Which this does not seem to be.

There is nothing purist about that.

What huge problems?
I noticed that you can run forever no exhaustion where you can only walk till it refills.
What else is screwed up?

That they rushed the demo to have it out by Blizzcon and they gave a release window in the very near future. The former making it seem like they care more about meeting deadlines than putting out good content. I thought I said that clearly enough in the OP :/
11/02/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Coniferous

Blizzard stated their goal was an authentic experience. Which this does not seem to be.

There is nothing purist about that.

Leave some constructive feedback then in a detailed post. That is a good way to get them to listen.

Now would be a good time for the devs to break from the norm and come to this forum and reply to threads with concerns. For me personally seeing complaints of changes is definitely killing my enthusiasm. When I don't see any official responses laying these concerns to rest I can only assume these changes are purposeful and permanent.

A significant portion of the Classic WoW customer base is "that guy", and sharding is not a minor change.
11/02/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Bøudicca
...The demo has huge problems and isn't quite resembling our 14 year old game.

What huge problems?
I noticed that you can run forever no exhaustion where you can only walk till it refills.
What else is screwed up?

I doubt people know what they really want at this point. Private servers have had wrong values on everything for soo long people have gotten use to that. Also, everyone asked for 1.12.1. That is what we are getting. If you wanted a harder experience you should of asked for no patches. Blizzard will never be able to please you, because you dont even know what you want
...The demo has huge problems and isn't quite resembling our 14 year old game.

What huge problems?
What else is screwed up?

You are doing more damage to mobs
You have faster health regen

One poster in another thread reported he battled 2 mobs in westfall and never went below 50% health and regen'd it within seconds with no eating/drinking.

I doubt people know what they really want at this point. Private servers have had wrong values on everything for soo long people have gotten use to that. Also, everyone asked for 1.12.1. That is what we are getting. If you wanted a harder experience you should of asked for no patches. Blizzard will never be able to please you, because you dont even know what you want

haha..everyone said the pserver numbers were too easy.
And for the most part it was really just raids that had off numbers.

This demo, with the changes, makes for face roll easy questing.
11/02/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Brockthorn

What huge problems?
What else is screwed up?

You are doing more damage to mobs
You have faster health regen

One poster in another thread reported he battled 2 mobs in westfall and never went below 50% health and regen'd it within seconds with no eating/drinking.

I never had that experience in the demo yet. But that's the kind of stuff that people can leave constructive feedback on. Blizzard is listening.
There are items with critical strike rating.
Meeting stones summon people.
LFD and LFR are in the game.
There is no keyring.
Ready checks have the wrong sound.
Debuffs are completely messed up.
There is freakin PHASING in the game.

Shall I go on? There is more.