Kul'Tirans not mages

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I find this funny given that Jaina is a mage. I honestly don't care but I'm very curious as to the reason behind it. They usually have a reason for it.
Didn’t Jains have to go to Dalaran to learn how to be a mage? Maybe they just don’t know how to do it in Kul Tiras.
And not Paladins which i was hoping for. Aperantly, big fat people are good at being Rgoues but not Paladins :E
Agreed. But I'm even more disappointed that Locks can't be Kul'Tiran. :(
Humans can't be mages or paladins, but apparently trolls can.
I love how blizzard avoids giving mages any kind of a stun. All of the races that have a stun racial, cannot be mages.
There's numerous examples of Kul Tiran mage NPCs, including a raid boss coming up in the Battle of Dazar'alor. It really is an incredibly perplexing decision
11/02/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Aesa
There's numerous examples of Kul Tiran mage NPCs, including a raid boss coming up in the Battle of Dazar'alor. It really is an incredibly perplexing decision

That sums up this expansion in a nutshell. It's like they asked how they could make something even more mindbending than Warlords of Draenor and BfA was their answer to it.
11/02/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Aesa

Numerous? Can you share names or examples? So far, it’s just Jaina and she was an outlier/anomaly who had to go to Dalaran to learn how to access her innate abilities.
No worry Kul'tirans can be Druids and Shamans
All i wanted from Kul Tirans are Paladins but i guess we need to sattle on Druids with double stun.
Jaina is the only Kul Tiran mage that i am aware, if you are talking about the tide sages from Stormsong Valley i'm sorry to tell you..that is a shaman.
It's also worth pointing out that the majority of Kul'Tiran characters that we run into aren't obese but rather lanky or normal looking. Can we please have body type options when the Kul'Tirans come out so we can choose between bulky or lanky?!
11/05/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Astromir
Jaina is the only Kul Tiran mage that i am aware, if you are talking about the tide sages from Stormsong Valley i'm sorry to tell you..that is a shaman.

This was my understanding as well. The manipulation of water is shamanistic communion or priest void manipulation, not arcane manipulation of water.

It's the whole reason why Jaina had to attend Dalaran, to leave her home, in order to study the arcane arts.

I am a bit surprised that Zandalari Trolls can be like everything, including mages. But I suppose that is because it is the central civilization from which all trolls originated from. But, mages were kind of the whole reason why many troll empires were pushed back...