You guys are ridiculous

Classic Discussion
You're whining and complaining like little children over a DEMO. Blizzard has already said they are going to try and make the classic experience as authentic as possible and considering a huge portion of the playerbase supports no changes, it wouldn't be in their best interest to go against that. Classic is being made largely based on user feedback and the demo is a great way to see how the community reacts to some of their ideas. If they keep these questionable changes after release, then go ahead and QQ but the overreaction in here, while funny as hell is ridiculous at the same time. Here's a box of tissues for your issues.
They're making plenty of changes, some people don't even know about yet. XD It's getting better and better every day. A little birdy told me something about LFD too :)
Agreed. But unfortunately all you're going to get is

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

until people have time to calm down and get some perspective.
11/03/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Majinn
You're whining and complaining like little children over a DEMO. Blizzard has already said they are going to try and make the classic experience as authentic as possible and considering a huge portion of the playerbase supports no changes, it wouldn't be in their best interest to go against that. Classic is being made largely based on user feedback and the demo is a great way to see how the community reacts to some of their ideas. If they keep these questionable changes after release, then go ahead and QQ but the overreaction in here, while funny as hell is ridiculous at the same time. Here's a box of tissues for your issues.

Shields!! RAISE SHIELDS!! Do you not hear the rumbling mob coming over to tell you off???

haha good times. I love blizzcon! :D
Boys, it's jus a demo, it will be fixed in Alpha!
Boys, it's just a Alpha, it will be fixed in Beta!
Boys, it's jus a Beta, it will be fixed by release!
Boys, it's just the Launch, it will be fixed by the next Patch!

I wish everyone would act together, in addressing issues now, instead of leaving it up to Blizzard to make the decisions for you. Blizzard has a track history of not following through with everything they promise.

It's out job to hold them to the standard we want. No one is going to give you what you want, not even Blizz, we're going to have to fight for it.
They need to tone down the drama and just give feedback. It's easy to brush off someone who is on their soapbox.

The next summer release date is a bit worrisome as the demo shows an unfinished product or that they haven't been listening. The demo didn't feel foreign i got the warm fuzzies watching pillagers own people in moonbrook. Plenty to work on though.

Sharding is bad
Regen needs to be nerfed (hopefully this is just to compensate for the limited time in the demo)
Drop rates are wrong
Leftovers from the BFA setup need to be cleaned up (LFD tool)
11/03/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Dealloc
Agreed. But unfortunately all you're going to get is

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

until people have time to calm down and get some perspective.

At the end of the day it's about faith.

If Blizzard implements sharding for say the first week and only that week. It might not be the end of the world.

But the question is why would they do it? The why is everything.

If it's to save compute cycles on a server, then they would most likely do it if IF or Org are flooded with people. Now, THAT's a problem.

If we were guaranteed that it would happen for a certain duration only. It wouldn't be as big a deal. Notice I said duration. NOT zones. Now, how much faith do you have in Blizzard to do this correct?

Me personally? Not much. If you are reducing strain on your servers as the reason on sharding. There every reason to put sharding in everywhere else.
J. Allen Brack needs to cancel it. That way you whiners can go back to Elysium and pay their medical bills or sell gold under your noses lol.
11/03/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Majinn
except you don't need sharding, if they're working on a modern code base they already have internet protocols that can handle the load, not to mention the low poly models from 04 and people's rig's today and you won't need to shard period. oh whaa timmy can't kill his 10 boars in half an A press, so sad he has to do things like group up and wait.

You sound like you yourself are entitled to think your thoughts on this subject matters. Blizzard has just !@#$ in the mouths of it's waiting customers, don't tell them to eat it. Most of your post also seems like either word salads or buzzwords outright. I think someone is so upset people aren't accepting what they like and just mashed the keyboard there.
They said they would take in feedback from the BfA beta... that sure didn't happen LOL.
If we don't complain about sharding right now they'll keep it in the game forever, which is their current plan.

Do you have an intelligent counterargument to this? Nope.
11/03/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Alexandris
J. Allen Brack needs to cancel it. That way you whiners can go back to Elysium and pay their medical bills or sell gold under your noses lol.

If it stays like it is, i couldn't care less. And I say that without any sort of spite.

I thought we'd have other "smaller" things to discuss to make it feel like Vanilla like how to re-tune. But they can't even get Vanilla 101 right.
11/03/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Exade
Boys, it's jus a demo, it will be fixed in Alpha!
Boys, it's just a Alpha, it will be fixed in Beta!
Boys, it's jus a Beta, it will be fixed by release!
Boys, it's just the Launch, it will be fixed by the next Patch!

I wish everyone would act together, in addressing issues now, instead of leaving it up to Blizzard to make the decisions for you. Blizzard has a track history of not following through with everything they promise.

It's out job to hold them to the standard we want. No one is going to give you what you want, not even Blizz, we're going to have to fight for it.

So you're just assuming they'll ignore all the negative feedback into release and flipping out over that assumption. The entire idea of making classic servers was due to community feedback, what makes you think this is any different?
11/03/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Shridevi
If we don't complain about sharding right now they'll keep it in the game forever, which is their current plan.

There's a difference between providing feedback and complaining. Do you have a crystal ball that tells you sharding will be included in the final product? Nope.

There's a difference between providing feedback and complaining. Do you have a crystal ball that tells you sharing will be included in the final product? Nope.

I mean a BLUE confirmed it. I wish I could be as naive as you :/
We want to recreate the same sense of community so we are against sharding/phasing/cross-realm.

BUT when the game launches and 1000 people try to kill the same wolf and a 1000 more is up in queue so they can log in and kill the same wolf,
we MIGHT consider sharding that SPECIFIC ZONE for a FEW DAYS.

OMG OMG VANILLA IS DEAD, NOST WAS 200% MORE BLIZZLIKE! BYE BYE BLIZZARD.

Damn fanatics, I bet some won't play the game until they find which brand of light bulb they used in 2004.
11/03/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Majinn

There's a difference between providing feedback and complaining. Do you have a crystal ball that tells you sharding will be included in the final product? Nope.
We have a blue post...
11/03/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Majinn

Do you?

There is a blue post sting sharding will be in. They claim only starting zones, but what happens when that group moves to the next zone? and the next one?. That's the problem here.

P.S. It's Mazin not Majin, Majin is the phonetic spelling of the Japanese word Mazin
11/03/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Flaa
We want to recreate the same sense of community so we are against sharding/phasing/cross-realm.

BUT when the game launches and 1000 people try to kill the same wolf and a 1000 more is up in queue so they can log in and kill the same wolf,
we MIGHT consider sharding that SPECIFIC ZONE for a FEW DAYS.

OMG OMG VANILLA IS DEAD, NOST WAS 200% MORE BLIZZLIKE! BYE BYE BLIZZARD.

Damn fanatics, I bet some won't play the game until they find which brand of light bulb they used in 2004.

Saw someone say they wouldn't play cause the font wasn't the same.. If changes gets rid of players like that I'm all for it.
Says the OP as he stomps his feet at others for stomping thier feet.