WPvP Objectives Coming to Naz’jatar

War Mode and World PvP
Source:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288433/blizzcon-2018-mamytwink-battle-for-azeroth-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-tina

*PvP Zone Objectives (like the PvP towers in Terokkar Forest) are scheduled to make an appearance in Nazjatar.

In the past, several zones had points of interest that were PvP objectives. Do you have something similar planned for the future?

JF: One of the things we currently talk about, because it's not sure that the idea becomes a real thing, is to have "old school" PvP objective the like of Auchindoun's in BC. It would be a recurring event during which Nagas would take control over the continent by taking three towers. That causes terrible effects and you feel that Azshara's eyes are everywhere and she tries to take the control back. The idea is that all players gather around the towers to kill the Naga. This creates a group activity and an interesting world even. But for players in War Mode, we thought "imagine if players can also take control of the towers". Wouldn't that be cool? The more points your faction controls, the more War Mode bonuses you get. That gives a huge opportunity for your faction to take the advantage on your opponents. That would be quite similar to the system in place in the Hellfire Peninsula. Here's another source of inspiration when we talk about Nazjatar.

Interesting stuff coming to warmode.

Also wintergrasp as an epic bg. Wooooo
I'm glad to see confirmation on Wintergrasp. Hopefully they'll skip Tol Barad in the PvP zone -> Epic BG conversion schedule.

I'm most excited for this though:

One of the key features of patch 8.1 is Assaults. How do they work? Can you defend your faction in War Mode?

Jeremy Feasel: We really want to use assaults to put the spotlight on War Mode's strengths. So instead of having them scattered around continents and separate players, assaults are different. If the Horde is attacking Tiragarde Sound, the Alliance defends, and each faction has different World Quests in the area. So it's totally possible to defend your faction and at the same time drive the opposing faction's players away. Various components and spells unlocked during World Quests can also be used against NPCs and players! We want to make sure that assaults really feel like an attack from a faction in an enemy area. In the Alliance, you'll see dozens of Horde soldiers arriving through portals. They're here to complete their quests, but also to keep you from dealing with your own business.

TW: I really hope that with Assaults we'll see War Mode come back with force. With bonuses, you'll want to enable War Mode, and stop the opposing faction. I bet we'll see huge battles, just like in Wintergrasp.

I think this will lead to more dynamic conflicts, and be more of a zone-wide battle. They scale they're aspiring for is exciting, I just hope it executes as expected.
11/05/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Balanor
I think this will lead to more dynamic conflicts, and be more of a zone-wide battle. They scale they're aspiring for is exciting, I just hope it executes as expected.

I'm more concerned that it will tend to make war mode balance even more unstable. Absent a natural balancing mechanic like shorter supply lines in DAOC, giving the faction with more people in war mode more of an advantage is not the way to balance war mode.
11/05/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Yarrow
I'm more concerned that it will tend to make war mode balance even more unstable. Absent a natural balancing mechanic like shorter supply lines in DAOC, giving the faction with more people in war mode more of an advantage is not the way to balance war mode.

Is that a reference to the invasions, or the towers? The towers I feel will ultimately end up that way. The Invasions will likely end up just like any other neutral WQ we've encountered, but with a bigger incentive for WPvP. I don't see how they inherently give an additional advantage to the smaller faction by existing.
11/05/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Balanor
11/05/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Yarrow

Is that a reference to the invasions, or the towers? The towers I feel will ultimately end up that way. The Invasions will likely end up just like any other neutral WQ we've encountered, but with a bigger incentive for WPvP. I don't see how they inherently give an additional advantage to the smaller faction by existing.

The towers, if they give a significant buff to the winning faction. From what I know, the invasions may be fine.
I think we're on the same page then, lol. I know the thread is titled about the towers, but I was pulling a quote about the invasions from a different part of the same interview. I think the invasions could be more interesting than PvP objectives.
Maybe the buff will be enough to galvanize more ally into action? I certainly hope so
Need to completely remove the extra resources from warmode and make the faction with less players be more tanky/do more dmg otherwise alliance will still be like eh !@#$ it
11/06/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Aylencia
Need to completely remove the extra resources from warmode and make the faction with less players be more tanky/do more dmg otherwise alliance will still be like eh !@#$ it

You're probably right about that. The alliance are broken that way. Been saying it for months. There is literally nothing stopping them from turning warmode on, save for the temptation to keep it off because of fear.