I support a level squish

General Discussion
Make levels matter again.
I honestly think that their current levelling issues would be mostly fixed if we have 20-40 lvls less to grind.
11/05/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Kalarm
I honestly think that their current levelling issues would be mostly fixed if we have 20-40 lvls less to grind.

This times 1000.

You do realize this will just double or triple the amount of XP needed to level right?

You can’t run from the grind. A level squish is not worth the negative backlash
They could probably just start players at level 40 or so. Then start at 45 next time they add another 10 levels.
Its kinda funny they give a boost with a new purchase, so at this point its not like the company even thinks leveling up is of value to the players :P
11/05/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Mysterypants

You do realize this will just double or triple the amount of XP needed to level right?

Uhhh you do realize that it implied keeping the current levels EXP requirements just with less of them... So less EXP total...
I wonder how they would even go about doing it?

Kalimdor/EK = 1-40
Outland/northrend = 40-50
Cata/pandaria = 50-60
WoD/Legion = 60-70
BFA = 70-80

???? Idk I’m just pulling stuff out my rear
that would be a task. one I bet would cost too much
11/05/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Grisol
that would be a task. one I bet would cost too much

Would it, really?

I'd gladly sacrifice a raid tier for that.
Sounds good:

1-60 Vanilla
61-65 Burning Crusade
66 Wrath
67 Cataclysm
No new levels for Mysts
68 Warlords
69 Legion
70 Battle for Azeroth

That would roughly reflect the actual time it took to level through those expansions when they came out.
I was thinking this weekend. they could cap it 100 and keep folding previous expansions together to streamline the leveling path...

Base game - 1-40 (scales to 45/50)
BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP - 40-60
WoD/Legion/BfA - 60-85
Whatever is next - 85-100

Not sure if I think its a great idea or not, but I'd rather see them add more prior expansions to leveling ranges to streamline it, rather than trying to fit a whole expac into 5 levels or something...
Definitely do not want a level squish. It wouldn't actually fix anything. Imagine how bad it would feel to do a whole zone and not gain a single level once you started getting to wotlk and cata.

Also we'd run into the same problem we have with stat squishes. They'd keep having to do them every few expansions.

The problem ins't the number of levels, it's the lack of reward during that progression. A level squish would make the number of levels closer to number of rewards, but the number of rewards is still the same. That means the rewards earned will still feel inadequate when compared with time spent.
Levels have never mattered.
11/05/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Kalarm
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Uhhh you do realize that it implied keeping the current levels EXP requirements just with less of them... So less EXP total...

So it will change nothing ? That will be a no from me

We suppose to feel like we are getting more powerful.
11/05/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Dwarfmage
Make levels matter again.
Love your guild name!
Yess!

Uh, the total EXP would be reduced so it would be faster to level.

So I guess you complained when they did both stat squish? A level is just a number, it serves nothing to get into ridiculous numbers.

Plus, with how things are right now, you really don't get much new toys once you're over lvl 60 (or even 50 for some specs).

Less levels would make things faster and put things closer to how they were before. Levels would have less "big empty spaces" where you get absolutely nothing.

With the level squish / mob scaling, you often get weaker as you level, not stronger anyways.
11/05/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Kalarm

Uh, the total EXP would be reduced so it would be faster to level.

So I guess you complained when they did both stat squish? A level is just a number, it serves nothing to get into ridiculous numbers.

Plus, with how things are right now, you really don't get much new toys once you're over lvl 60 (or even 50 for some specs).

Less levels would make things faster and put things closer to how they were before. Levels would have less "big empty spaces" where you get absolutely nothing.

With the level squish / mob scaling, you often get weaker as you level, not stronger anyways.

All this will do is frustrate players and make leveling even more tedious. It won’t make levels matters. Now people will just spend even more time just to get one level.

Then as expansions go on, and when we get to level 100 Again leveling alts will be a pain.
No. I would rather have them add paragon levels or alternate achievement points (to use an EQ term) to allow us, AT level 120, to become more powerful by a means other than ilvls.
there should only be 10 levels nothing higher