USB Wireless Mouse sporadically unresponsive

Mac Technical Support
I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch (2007) running OS 10.14 with the following specs:
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB ram
Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I have a TrippLite USB hub to connect my peripherals (currently just my Verbatim Wireless Mouse and an External Monitor via VGA) since this macbook only has thunderbolt ports. However, when I am playing WoW my mouse will randomly become unresponsive. It doesn't seem to be anything in particular that causes it and the length of time the mouse is unresponsive varies. I have been trying to see if this issue occurs without running WoW, but I can't replicate it.

I'm not sure what the issue could be. At first I chalked it up to a crappy mouse (the scroll wheel doesn't work, and Verbatim doesn't support Mac for their mice.... weirdos) but it doesn't have any issues outside of WoW.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

(I tried to make this post a few minutes ago but it seems to have been deleted, not sure why. sorry for any confusion!)
I'm assuming you meant MacBook Pro 2017 in your original post.

I suspect that the mouse itself not explicitly having Mac support would not be the problem, as generally if it's a functional USB mouse it'll work fine on a Mac. Seems odd that the scroll wheel doesn't work though. Maybe the mouse itself is faulty?

The easiest way to troubleshoot would be to try a different mouse, even just a cheap wired one and connect it to the same USB port and see if the problem stays or goes.

Could also try your Verbatim mouse on a different machine and see if you get any better results.