found your easter egg blizzard XD

General Discussion
Nice, Cosmo and Wanda as frogs!
don't think you can classify pop-culture references as easter-eggs in a game like wow ; where pop-culture and dad jokes make up for 99% of the game.
11/06/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Tekbm
don't think you can classify pop-culture references as easter-eggs in a game like wow ; where pop-culture and dad jokes make up for 99% of the game.

It's the very definition of video game easter eggs. They're inside jokes, not all hidden - some in plain sight.

Easter eggs have been in all kinds of software for like 40 years and I know what you mean but WoW is almost obligated to put them in for us. We <3 running across these. It's funner when there was a questline involved, like Link's sword.
11/06/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Vixie
They're inside jokes, not all hidden - some in plain sight.

Some so "inside", that 2 pages into this thread and I still don't know wtf the OP was talking about.

People giggle and post other references that are also so similarly obscure, I'm not even sure they're REALLY the references you're citing, so much as shoe-horning something so random into the meaning you want it to be. lol

I saw 4 Blood Elves hanging out somewhere. Total reference to the band Poison! I mean, that's how some of these sound...
fAiRy GoDpArEnTs!!!!!!!!
11/06/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Grumbles
And for those who have forgotten - there is the tribute to Robin Williams in WoD.

(puts out a little tray of bagels, lox and cream cheese to go with the cookies)

*eats all the lox*
I love these!

Young kids these days, can't even figure out how to Google. /sigh

Me on the other hand... At almost 63, gets all of the above!
11/06/2018 02:04 AMPosted by Vixie
This weekend I saw Kremit and Miss Miggy with a lute next to it that shoots out a rainbow.

Nasmir somewhere around the frog area.

Blizzard still adds little pop culture references here and there. Been doing that since classic. Fun times.

Yes, it is fun when they include little references. Blizz humor done right. It's a lot less fun when an entire zone is one big Rambo joke (Redrock), or a Indianna Jones joke (that Cata zone I can't think of).
There’s an entrance to a basement in the garden maze of Boralus where some guards are playing a D&D game.
There's also a reference to the cabbage vendor from Avatar the Last Airbender, in the quest "Hot Pursuit" on the Alliance side.

You ride horses and have to chase Priscilla through the town. You have to jump over obstacles in your way, and one of them is a cabbage vendor. If you don't jump, he'll yell, "My cabbages!" just like the cabbage vendor in Avatar the Last Airbender.

That's my favorite reference so far, but the Fairly Oddparents reference you pointed out is definitely my second, with the Dragonball Z reference in WoD being my third favorite.
There's that cave with Dwarves off the far Deeprun Tram tunnel. It's about halfway down and it's hard to see from the cart.
It's probably a good thing so few people get the reference. Just imagine what might happen if everyone found out Denzel Crocker had fairy godparents. *distant thunder.*
I liked Sanders the chicken vendor in Boralus.
Speaking of (probably obscure) references, the spice vendor that sells foosaka...

https://criticalrole.fandom.com/wiki/Fusaka

Any other Critical Role fans around?
FYI, you can kill Cosmo and Wanda if you wish to do so.
There's a quest involving the Beastmaster's weasels in Vol'dun. You even get to keep one of them. My favourite movie as a small child.
11/06/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Droodah
11/06/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Brocknor
I guess I have to be the first to admit... I don't get it.

A green frog and a pink frog? Nothing comes to mind there.

I had to Google it. I found a reference to Fairly Odd Parents. The two guys making comments as people walk by is a reference to The Muppet Show and the two old Muppets in the balcony.

So these easter eggs are kind of in-jokes pertaining to and for the entertainment industry.

Got it.
11/06/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Grumbles
(puts out a little tray of bagels, lox and cream cheese to go with the cookies)

That does it. I am tired of this out and out racism. Everything is cookies or bagels. And sometimes beer. Well, we Forsaken don't eat or drink those things, and it's racist to not include us.

You are not being the slightest bit inclusionary in your little feasts. It's like a SLAP IN THE FACE and I'm very angry about it and I mean it.