Pathfinder Removal Solution

General Discussion
Or just make Warmode off = flying and Warmode on = no flying.

Whether or not players have "interacted with the terrain" should be completely up to them.

The question of flying discouraging PvP is really the only valid concern, and so access to flying should be linked with access to PvP.
11/06/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Sungamnori
Or just make Warmode off = flying and Warmode on = no flying

Sounds great, war mode already permanently off, would make no difference to me.
11/06/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Anggree
I don't mind Pathfinder at all. Some do obviously by all the posts on it. If they want to fly early let them fly.
Blizzard made 2 changes to the flying rules, in 2014. OP gets the 2 confused. One change was "nobody flies in new expac zones for the first 1/4 of the expac." Flying "early" is not an opion. The other, independent change was "flying is gated behind pathfinder".

11/06/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Xarron
Like has been said over and over. For most pathfinder is not an issue. The issue is we do it and still don’t get flying.
Due to player demand, pathfinder was split into 2 parts and half was announced before the expac launched. The other half (like always) was announced when fying was available.

So if you have done BFA pathfinder-1, you have only done HALF of BFA pathfinder. You have NOT done BFA pathfinder.
11/06/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Sungamnori
Whether or not players have "interacted with the terrain" should be completely up to them.

And it is up to them. Other than the fist 1/4 of each new expansion, you can fly anywhere you like.
11/06/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Hoshkar
You love never flying, cause it ruins the game? You have the first half of the expansion to enjoy it then.

It's 1/4 of each expansion. Each expansion is 2 years long, and flying came after 7 months (WoD), 7 months in Legion, and is expected 6 months into BFA. So you can fly for 3/4 of each expansion.
No Pathfinder and high elves are on the same level of not going to happen.
11/06/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Qri
11/06/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Hoshkar
You love never flying, cause it ruins the game? You have the first half of the expansion to enjoy it then.

It's 1/4 of each expansion. Each expansion is 2 years long, and flying came after 7 months (WoD), 7 months in Legion, and is expected 6 months into BFA. So you can fly for 3/4 of each expansion.

Assuming everyone unlocks part 2 pathfinding on day 1 it is patched in? :P

I get the feeling most don't, not for months into after it is even added. Some don't even get it by next expansion, demanding it is removed all together when the older content is considered out of date.

Myself, I could care less if flying was in game or not. I didn't have it in vanilla, I couldn't even afford it right away when I hit max level in BC. Hell, I still ended up just going afk and using long long...oh so long flight paths to get around. Also, again when it was WotLK, I wasn't able to buy it as soon as I was max level. etc etc etc, I am sure you see where this story is going.

Come to think of it, even after I unlocked pathfinder 2 in Legion, I still ended up just going afk, and letting the flight path do the work for me lol.

TLDR, don't like flying? Then just don't use it. Don't expect everyone else to follow suit though.