Warmode would be better if...

General Discussion
It had an anti-greifing mechanic.

Yes, you can enjoy PvP

and

Still hate being camped or jumped after getting off a flightpath and then having to death hop 5+ times to try and get away.

This shouldn't be happening. That's not world PvP, it's just highly annoying. A lot of people I know don't do war mode now because of this and other annoying stunts. If you want to enjoy natural-occurring world pvp you should be able to. I if I do win a pvp match against someone, I don't seek them down or try and kill them repeatedly. I let them go - in my "world" they're dead, I've won and killed them.

Honestly, I'm surprised that temporary phasing mechanics haven't been put in place after a "match" has come to it's conclusion.
I have never had an issue getting away from a camp. If you are truly incapable, take a 10 minute break ans come back.
11/06/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Duskz
If you want to enjoy natural-occurring world pvp you should be able to.
That's an odd stance for someone that's arguing for Blizz to disrupt W-PvP to take.
11/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Karat
If you want to enjoy natural-occurring world pvp you should be able to.
That's an odd stance for someone that's arguing for Blizz to disrupt W-PvP to take.

It's more odd that you're interpreting "naturally occurring" as something different that what most use the term 'natural' for....

In this circumstance, naturally occurring would be something along the lines of, 'Ah, I see my enemy in 'x' zone while I'm trying to complete my objective. I'll engage him in mortal combat for the horde!' to which you do so and either die or live victoriously. Synthetic pvp in this abomination where large groups say, "Hey, lets sit at a flightpath and instantly murder anything that lands.

That's not how 'war' works in a natural world. If the enemy controls and entire area it is VERY WELL KNOWN that the enemy controls that area. We don't have people showing up on the beach of Normandy Beach and saying, "Well !@#$! Who knew the Germans were here! Hella odd!"

:\

I think the point of Warmode and the revamping of world PVP was to draw people into participation, and I think that's something all Pvpers want - more people that particpate. All I'm saying is that, through mine and other's experience, not having an anti-greifing method as (once again) turned us off of Warmode.
no!

chaos reigns!
That's not world PvP

Yes it is. It is player vs player in the open world. It doesn't require you to be ready or for the fight to be fair. You have an anti griefing mechanic. It's called turning warmode off. Don't want to get ganked/camped (which isn't griefing) then don't turn warmode on/flag yourself for pvp.

It does....it's called turning warmode 'off'.
Just let us toggle it on and off whereever we want.

You get ganked turn it off as a ghost wait 5 minutes your flag is gone. Tez and go about your day. Turn it back on if u want later.

Us having to go all the back to org or sw is retarded.
There is an anti-griefing mechanic. It's called not turning Warmode on. I use it every day and it works incredibly well. Have never been griefed unless I went looking for trouble and deactivated the anti-griefing mechanic by turning Warmode on.

Seriously dude?

Also, there are cloaks you can buy for next to nothing that have an on-use ability that teleports you to your main city. Then just hearth back, mere seconds later.

Yes, you can enjoy PvP

and

Still hate being camped or jumped after getting off a flightpath and then having to death hop 5+ times to try and get away.

This shouldn't be happening. That's not world PvP, it's just highly annoying. A lot of people I know don't do war mode now because of this and other annoying stunts. If you want to enjoy natural-occurring world pvp you should be able to. I if I do win a pvp match against someone, I don't seek them down or try and kill them repeatedly. I let them go - in my "world" they're dead, I've won and killed them.

Honestly, I'm surprised that temporary phasing mechanics haven't been put in place after a "match" has come to it's conclusion.

The "griefing" element is how players get to basically take over a plot of land for a certain amount of time. The limitation is either their own boredom, or the oppositions interest in defeating them.

Not every enounter should be, or is going to be, equal. I ran around for a good 45 minutes last night on KT with 4 other people, killing alliance everywhere, getting assassin etc, and after sitting in one area long enough, we finally got nuked by a group of about 20 players, and then were promptly gy camped (or at least I was). Deservedly.

Them's the breaks... sometimes you're the hammer, other times you're the nail, and if that isn't entertaining on any level to you, the mode isn't for you. The rather meager wpvp bonus is probably not worth the removal of fun from your leisure time.
11/06/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Duskz
It's more odd that you're interpreting "naturally occurring" as something different that what most use the term 'natural' for....
I was using it to mean "without active outside interference". Institution phasing would be exactly that. To explain it another way, in D&D, a natural roll is the number the die lands on. A modified roll is the number you get to after adding/subtracting bonuses and penalties.

In this circumstance, naturally occurring would be something along the lines of, 'Ah, I see my enemy in 'x' zone while I'm trying to complete my objective. I'll engage him in mortal combat for the horde!' to which you do so and either die or live victoriously. Synthetic pvp in this abomination where large groups say, "Hey, lets sit at a flightpath and instantly murder anything that lands.
So, natural is "situations that I enjoy W-PvP in" and synthetic is "situations that I don't enjoy W-PvP in". Did I get that right?

That's not how 'war' works in a natural world. If the enemy controls and entire area it is VERY WELL KNOWN that the enemy controls that area. We don't have people showing up on the beach of Normandy Beach and saying, "Well !@#$! Who knew the Germans were here! Hella odd!"
Are you trying to argue that ambushes don't happen in war?
Yes, you can enjoy PvP

and

This shouldn't be happening. That's not world PvP

so it's not a player attacking you out in the world (the literal definition of World PvP) ?
Sorry but your whole post is a contradiction, by complaining about Warmode you show that Warmode is not for you, if you don't like unrestricted open world PvP then turn warmode off.
Lol Alright. Well, if you think turning off Warmode is the antigreifing mechanic than you're just asking for people to not world PvP entirely. And if you think that's good game design' then I'm sad for you!

Edit: I'm sad for both of us.
11/06/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Duskz
Lol Alright. Well, if you think turning off Warmode is the antigreifing mechanic than you're just asking for people to not world PvP entirely. And if you think that's good game design' then I'm sad for you!

Sorry OP the old PvP realms never had "anti-greifing" mechanic. The closet we had was rez sickness at a nearby spirit healer and thats if the spirit healer was not being camped as well.
PVP attracts (among others) a certain kind of person who's enjoyment is taking your enjoyment away.

They come bundled with pvp and they always have. As certainly as rats on a ship or fleas on a dog, pvp will be peopled with these individuals who play for no other reason than to imagine how unhappy they are making you.

Perhaps think of them as the cost of pvp, like mud on your boots if you enjoy hiking or scent of fish if you are a rod and reel enthusiast. They are a coin too far for me so I leave them to the just punishment of each other's company.

But if you want to pvp, these are the stinging bugs you must brave and nothing will really save you from them. So, chin up, firm resolve and all that. Stay focused and hop for the best.
You're having problems in warmode as Horde?
The trick to escaping a flight point camp is to keep dying further and further from the group. Yes, you will die, but 2 or 3 times at most. I guarantee no one is chasing you off into the sunset since the kills come so readily from the FP.
“The Alliance is waiting for you”