Has BFA replaced WOD?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
BFA is worse than WOD but for many different reasons. It boils down to BFA is terribly designed and poorly implemented . It has content, just not fun or engaging content. Wod had problems for sure. But at least the classes were fun to play.

BFA's biggest issue is it is missing anything fun. Warfronts not fun. IE not fun. Classes are so pruned they are not fun. M+ not fun because dungeons are poorly designed. Rewards are screwed up and no fun. You cant even hunt treasurer chests or elite rarres in hopes of something cool, because they dont offer anything worth the effort. A grey item and a tiny Azerite fragment...Whoopty doo

This expansion is the epitome of lazy developing. It had a great deal of potential and it was pissed away
WOD is like having alot of free time you can use to sleep and do other stuff.

BFA is like having alot of chores to do like washing dishes and lawnmowing.

I would take doing nothing than do alot of chores tbh.

Also its not really fair to compare BFA values with WOD, WOD is a failed yearly expansion experiment (devs said Tanaan is finished in 6.0 and they already moved to legion in 6.1) while also having less experienced devs (Chilton admitted this, they hired more devs but has to train them until they can keep up with other devs).

In term of resource (time and manpower) BFA probably triple the amount WOD has.
I honestly think BfA is worse so far.

We will see what happens with future patches as far as gameplay/balance/expeditions/invasions and so on and whether they add another mage tower, but right now I think WoD had a bit more charm, better gameplay, and what content it had was more interesting.
11/07/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Pleebz
Has BFA replaced WOD?

Example: next expansion will we say, at least its better then BFA

or will we still be saying at least its better then WOD?

Can't really replace the WoD mess, the launch was so broken people couldn't play for days. Then there is the fact BfA and WoD are 2 different expansions that took place at different times. If anything just call it another stain on blizzard's rep
11/07/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Guyaota
BFA is worse than WOD but for many different reasons. It boils down to BFA is terribly designed and poorly implemented . It has content, just not fun or engaging content. Wod had problems for sure. But at least the classes were fun to play.

BFA's biggest issue is it is missing anything fun. Warfronts not fun. IE not fun. Classes are so pruned they are not fun. M+ not fun because dungeons are poorly designed. Rewards are screwed up and no fun. You cant even hunt treasurer chests or elite rarres in hopes of something cool, because they dont offer anything worth the effort. A grey item and a tiny Azerite fragment...Whoopty doo

This expansion is the epitome of lazy developing. It had a great deal of potential and it was pissed away

Blizzard fell way too hard for the "content" meme that people repeated during Legion and they thought they could just give people anything to do and people would be happy about it.

I do think they intended for Warfronts/Expeditions/etc. to be way more interesting than they are, but they don't have talented developers anymore and so they turned out crappy. Instead of removing them like they would've in WoD they kept them in.
BFA is lacking passion and heart. The only thing about BFA that really shines is the art work minus gear design.

For example look at this past Hallows end holiday. Drustavr was a no brainer for a a special event there. But no, nothing. NOt even any pumpkins in the inns or decorations in the new cities. Low effort expansion
Nope, WoD is way worse and I would also contend that Cata is also much worse than BFA. Both of those xpacs completely lacked content at level cap which is the most important part since you spend most of your time at level cap.
BFA can become the next WOD if they don't treat it correctly. They can salvage this all but they have to set aside the ego and do it. Don't just scrap the project like they did in WOD. Work thru it and do it right. Listen to your players.

If they don't remove their own ego and they fail to listen to their players then yes BFA will be the next WOD.
have people realized that all mythic plus is is greater rifts from D3?

im barely playing BFA since other games have caught my attention, i may come back at some point but for now my gametime will keep ticking down.
1) If you do Mythic+ dungeons (or plan to), there is plenty of content and a reason to improve your character and concentrate on current content. For Mythic dungeon crawlers, BFA is way better than WoD!

2) If you don't do Mythic+ dungeons, I don't see that there is content to make it worthwhile to stick around. The leveling in WoD was super fun for both current content AND alts, unlike now. The game WELCOMED alts and multiple characters, so you always had something to do. It was the WoD endgame that cratered. But WoD had no artifact grind, no heirloom nerf, no extreme RNG and no scaling. For non-Mythic people, BFA is worse.

TL;DR: Mythic+ is the glue holding this ship together right now! I don't know that the non-Mythic people will stay much longer if 8.1 fails.
Not by a long shot. At least we are getting content in BfA.
11/07/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Guyaota

No, Battle for Azeroth is not nearly as bad as Warlords ever was. With Warlords you were given:
- A bunch of cut content, like the two major cities that were planned, one for each faction, that instead got shoved into the relatively lackluster Ashran. UBRS in its original form is now gone thanks to WoD. Zangarmarsh as a whole was cut.
- The content we were given was not enjoyable. Highmaul was boring, most of the dungeons just weren't interesting, most of the leveling zones, minus Nagrand (Shadowmoon Valley was ok, I guess. The lack of an interior for the Temple of Karabor was extremely disappointing) were bland. 90% of your time was spent doing bull!@#$ for Garrisons, which in my opinion were one of the worst things ever added to WoW, and didn't really give you much in the way of progression. The Legendary Ring quest was absolutely awful, and yet so necessary, because of how much of a utility it was for your raid group.

Battle for Azeroth truly pales in comparison to the absolute %^-*show that was WoD.
wod might actually have been a better time since no silly phone games were announced at that time.
11/07/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Doomomega
have people realized that all mythic plus is is greater rifts from D3?

im barely playing BFA since other games have caught my attention, i may come back at some point but for now my gametime will keep ticking down.

And?

M+ was in Guild Wars 2 before it was in WoW with the name Fractal's.

and another game probably had "Greater Rifts" before diablo
11/07/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Drolvarg
Lol OP you weren't even around in WoD. New players can't even think for themselves.

WoD was actually a lot of fun.

I certainly enjoyed pug raiding HFC. Those were good times. I really like that raid.
11/07/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Pleebz
Has BFA replaced WOD?

Example: next expansion will we say, at least its better then BFA

or will we still be saying at least its better then WOD?

have you played WoD? i think not, or at least you dont remember
BFA would still have a LONG way to go to compare to how badly WoD dropped the ball.
I really like WoD but i came back from a break so I did not experience the content drought. everything in WoD was great but people who played the whole thing went a long time without anything new to do.

so far I am ok with BFA but I feel like BFA is a reskinned legion and so far every aspect of legion was superior to BFA.

I jest feel like it was too easy to gear up past heroic dungeons. I have 4 120s all around 350 ilvl and I think I have run 4 dungeons total. with alts I was able to hit 320 ilvl in a few hours of actual gameplay then a few hours of warfronts and I am 340 ilvl.

the content is designed to be so quickly consumed we burn through it and then there is nothing left to do other than rep or leveling alts.

I am hopefull for 8.1 but not sure this expansion is going to have the ability to stay interesting for a year or 2
Good lord yes it has. By far. BfA was bleeding subs in the first 60 days. WoD took much longer. Acti-Blizz only wishes BfA had the sub numbers that WoD had.