Malfurion buried people alive...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
11/07/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Volmere
Looks like Horde aren't the only 'evil' ones anymore

Nice to see the Alliance finally get some characters willing to do whatever is needed to win... Will make the story more interesting

To be fair, there's a difference between evil and brutal.

Sylvanas was "evil" in burning down Teldrassil because the goal was to break a people. It served only the purpose of emotional, traumatic, warfare. It wasn't strategic anymore, it wasn't a good idea, she just wanted to break them, and see them suffer, at that point.

That's "evil", but was also certainly "brutal".

Malfurion was "brutal" in burying that Orc. He wasn't remotely interested in the Orcs experience of it, neither taking pleasure, nor upset, at the situation. He was simply in the way, and was an enemy combatant, and was dealt with accordingly. Malfurion didn't appear to be particularly interested in the suffering, or even prolonging it, but rather simply wanted him dead in as efficient a manner as possible. Though it feels horrible to think about, suffocation and being crushed would only last a short while (minutes at most, possibly less since he struggled).

That's more "brutal" than "evil".

Which is to say that they were both "Brutal", but only one was genuinely "Evil".

Note: I'm defining evil as wanton amorality, malevolent, and/or desiring to cause pain and suffering in other. Sylvanas wanted that, Malfurion didn't seem to care at all.
Sisters, it's time to rise up and be even more savage than Shando Stormrage.

FOR TELDRASSIL!

Nice to see the Alliance finally get some characters willing to do whatever is needed to win... Will make the story more interesting

It's not evil to sufficate war criminals.
11/07/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Volmere
I said right in my OP that I'm basically ok with it because the Alliance SHOULD be committing some acts like this as well...

And we will continue to do it, however much you want, it will not be evil deeds! They will be revenge and justice, by the civilians and cities destroyed in lands of the Night elves !!!!!

The horde has chosen the level of the fight we will catch!
The Alliance always tried to do differently and the horde just laughed and disdained it!

Terenas spared the orcs when everyone in the Alliance of Lordaeron wanted to execute them!
Jaina was able to stand still, and watch her father die, because peace with the horde was the right thing to do and not pursue them for something that new generation was not to blame!
Varian, In Pandaria, despite having all the motives and means, chose not to "dismantle Horde"!

And how did it all end?
Terenas and his people, constantly violate by the Forsakens who constantly raid the realms out of Loraeron in their expantionist campaign!

Jaina never had understanding or recognition by the people of the horde save Thrall or Caerne / Baine and had to see her destroyed home and friends be betrayed by the Belves 2 times!

And Varian lived long enough to see Allaince, and Azeroth, deserted by Horde in an hour of great need!

Malfurion was evil, by executing a soldier from the invading army who slaughtered his people, helped to destroy his home and who continues to hunt the survivors around the world, seeking to exterminate them?

Well, maybe it was, if he summoned a swarm of squirrels to devour him alive!

Did anyone watch Goblin Slayer?
Will you seen as the protagonist acted with the little infant goblins?
Was that evil? Was he evil?
Malfurion just did the same!

And Malf will continue, until the Horde learn that in lands Night Elves, Horde only takes place, under the ground, as fertilizer!

Monsters aren’t people. Change my mind. #malfurionwasright
11/07/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Kalarm
And you know what? He's still justifiable! Sylvanas opened the can of worms. Anyone anyone do to the horde now is justifiable. We did the unjustifiable and we are paying the price.
And this explains the way of the world now. The way people treat each other here on the forums and the booing at Blizzcon. Two wrongs finally make a right.

I miss Arthas. He did what ever it took. Buuuut, look how that turned out haha. Still my favorite story.
Buried alive?

Pfft.
11/07/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Awbs
I gently stroke people with my swords and it causes them to become very sleepy, immediately compelling them to take a nap. This is how combat works. Malf should take some notes.

Actually, do we have any guarantee that Malfurion wasn't just taking that orc to some cool dance party in an underground cavern? He's probably having the time of his life.

My zweihänder will fondle the throats of those I tolerate but don’t agree with personally!
11/07/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/07/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Kalarm
And you know what? He's still justifiable! Sylvanas opened the can of worms. Anyone anyone do to the horde now is justifiable. We did the unjustifiable and we are paying the price.
And this explains the way of the world now. The way people treat each other here on the forums and the booing at Blizzcon. Two wrongs finally make a right.

Azerite will make corpses of us all.

...well, you..all. Corpses of you people. I’m....well, I’m already there.

But AZERITE WILL DO THAT!

11/07/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Seije
one combatant vs thousands of civilians. truly on par with each other.

Is it fitting the OP is a troll?

Horde mentality at its best.
11/07/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Rhuor
I've been pro-Horde, pro-real Horde, for a long time. But I couldn't help but cheer a little when Malfurion did that. The Warcraft III Night Elves were a dangerous, wild people. I loved them, I loved how brutal they could be. When they were made Alliance in World of Warcraft, they were declawed and made to be these weak little punching bags. For over a decade, they weren't the threatening people they once were.

This is a great return to the original Night Elves, and I hope it continues!

Was about to make a forum post about this but right on dude I feel the same the alliance are finally getting a night elf story that's true to the originals
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Sorry I had to do it. Carry on.
Malfurion buried people alive...

No, he ed them.
11/07/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Dawnsworn
11/07/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Rhuor
I've been pro-Horde, pro-real Horde, for a long time. But I couldn't help but cheer a little when Malfurion did that. The Warcraft III Night Elves were a dangerous, wild people. I loved them, I loved how brutal they could be. When they were made Alliance in World of Warcraft, they were declawed and made to be these weak little punching bags. For over a decade, they weren't the threatening people they once were.

This is a great return to the original Night Elves, and I hope it continues!

Was about to make a forum post about this but right on dude I feel the same the alliance are finally getting a night elf story that's true to the originals

Yeah! I nearly SOILED myself when I heard about this. Talk about getting your hands dirty. Blizzard was garden a big secret with this one. Glad they unearthed it and we’re all rock-solid on the details.

You're right.

Orcs would make the soil bad and wouldnt be good for the trees.
An entire city full of non combatants, women, and children gets nuked. Morally Grey.
An orc combatant gets buried alive. OMG!!! ALLIANCE ARE EVIL!!!!!
You know you done messed up, when you turn the tree-hugging Rip Van Winkle hippy into a spree-murder monster.
11/07/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Lilywhite
11/07/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Solarwynds
...And this explains the way of the world now. The way people treat each other here on the forums and the booing at Blizzcon. Two wrongs finally make a right.

Azerite will make corpses of us all.

...well, you..all. Corpses of you people. I’m....well, I’m already there.

But AZERITE WILL DO THAT!
I have heard that Azerite can be nasty stuff! ;)