Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
The journey.

(Rather than the Endgame)
11/07/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Desmonda
The journey.

(Rather than the Endgame)

i 100% disagree as endgame vanilla is all i will be playing for
Sylvanas is merely cold, bitter and ruthless instead of full-blow genocidally psychopathic.
No item level / gearscore or achievement linking. The itemization system is complex enough that the best things aren't simply whatever has the highest item level. You have to have actual knowledge of the game rather than be told by the game what is the best course of action for every aspect of the game.
Over retail? No reason.

To play it at all? Because I wanna.
11/07/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Greyreach
Mass outdoor PVP at Crossroads and Hillsbrad Foothills back when people PVP'ed for the fun of it, not for achievements, gear, and so forth.

Did you know Hillsbrad Foothills was WOW's first battleground before AV? I have a love/hate relationship with AV. I loved the objectives. I loved the middle area. I loved the elementals each side could summon to wreck havoc. I loved (before Blizzard changed it) that an AV could go for a week before being reset. I hated it because AV along with WSG and AB introduced Honor Kill points and rank titles. Before HK, people PVP'ed for the love of it. Those points and the ranks changed the fundamentals of PVP to a competitive thing. That's when I stopped doing PVP. But my heart has always been into large, open PVP battles at XR and HB and WOW classic did that beautifully. :)
No sharding

oh wait...
I want to feel like a wandering adventurer, not a Marvel style superhero
11/07/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Evenstaar

If you play Mage you can be both! :P
No dual specialization.
The story of the game isnt going to be manhandled by the devs every single update.
Not playing a solo MMO with bot like PCs.
no flying mounts
It is better
definitely the choice Talent trees gave us
11/07/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Evenstaar

Great comment! I am sure many of us feel this way
What you see is what you get. No transmog to hide your actual gear sets in pvp. Some of the art styles further into the game kind of break immersion like that marvel style superhero comment.
It's fun.
ARCANITE REAPER! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Unhomogenised classes.