Classic is art that needs to be preserved.

Classic Discussion
Good morning everyone!

Thank you Blizzard for the chance to play the demo, and see what direction WoW Classic is oriented.

Everything looks AMAZING, however, this sharing and loot trading business has me wanting to remind you of the philosophy many of us drive towards.

I believe a commenter on the general forums (don't remember who said it!) said "Classic WoW is a piece of art that needs to be preserved". That sentence alone is the motivating force to obtain our beloved Classic, the right way.

I'm hoping blizzard will rethink these features, but I must admit I am very impressed with the development so far.
It does look great.

However, if limited sharding in the starting zones during a small launch window gives me a better early questing experience than fighting hundreds of people for hours trying to get the things I need to progress...

I'm ALL for it.
I don't even get the point behind allowing loot trading. They advertised is as a way to prevent ninja looting, but it doesn't serve that purpose in any way.

It's like claiming that Rehab Centers rid the world of addicts. It doesn't. It allows addicts to seek help if they choose so, but any addict that isn't interested in getting better can completely ignore that service. The same way a ninja looter will completely ignore the 2 hour trade window.

If someone accidentally clicks need, then they will definitely cooperate in getting the item to the rightful owner through a GM Ticket. So sure, it can alleviate GM Tickets, but that's absolutely it. But at what cost ? At the cost of friends coordinating their efforts to make sure certain items go to their friends by needing and trading.
11/09/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Belqies
I don't even get the point behind allowing loot trading. They advertised is as a way to prevent ninja looting, but it doesn't serve that purpose in any way.

It's like claiming that Rehab Centers rid the world of addicts. It doesn't. It allows addicts to seek help if they choose so, but any addict that isn't interested in getting better can completely ignore that service. The same way a ninja looter will completely ignore the 2 hour trade window.

If someone accidentally clicks need, then they will definitely cooperate in getting the item to the rightful owner through a GM Ticket. So sure, it can alleviate GM Tickets, but that's absolutely it. But at what cost ? At the cost of friends coordinating their efforts to make sure certain items go to their friends by needing and trading.

Loot trading is 100% them saying we aren't using our staff to deal with 10,000 tickets a day about people mislooting items when you should be able to handle it yourself.

That's it. It isn't about ninja looting or any of the other crap you hear.
I agree. Classic should be seen as the recreation and preservation of an important piece of gaming history, in my opinion.

Imagine restoring a classic car, and including parts from later models. That lessens the authenticity.

Was the vanilla game perfect? Of course not. But I believe it is worth recreating in its entirety, without using features from expansions.
11/09/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Fallanaa
It does look great.

However, if limited sharding in the starting zones during a small launch window gives me a better early questing experience than fighting hundreds of people for hours trying to get the things I need to progress...

I'm ALL for it.

Speaking of retail, instant gratification, convenience oriented mindsets...
11/09/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Ratsmats
Speaking of retail, instant gratification, convenience oriented mindsets...

Funny, considering that I haven't played retail in over a year, actually being able to complete quests isn't instant gratification since you still have to do the quests, and actually being able to complete quests in something that isn't an unplayable mess isn't convenience, it's actually gameplay...

Your entire attempt at trolling failed hard.

Please try again, and enjoy the rest of your day.
Please remove the new graphics. There's nothing classic about it.