Enhancement Shaman PTR Changes

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
1 2 3 15 Next
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!
This doesn't seem to address the issue that Stormbringer chains will cause you to flood in Maelstrom.
I may be out of touch with How Shamans work in PVP, but with how good they are right now, buffing a lot of stuff by this much seems like it will cause... problems in arena.
These changes solve absolutely nothing. When are you going ti increase our malestrom pool back up to what it was in legion? Now that is a change that would be impactful....

I actually find it disgusting how dedicated the enhance/shaman community are and how the theory crafters have given so much good feedback only to have blizzard completely ignore it.
11/09/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Schmeebles
I may be out of touch with How Shamans work in PVP, but with how good they are right now, buffing a lot of stuff by this much seems like it will cause... problems in arena.

PvP has other nobs the devs can utilize; such as lowering agility contribution.
These are the big changes that had to wait til 8.1? I was expecting at least some removed/reworked/new talents and changes to core abilities...
so there needs to be a corresponding nerf to the pvp template, for obvious reasons but seems to be missing here
Wow. I've never even played Shaman to have any concept of how the class works, and even I can see this doesn't fix many of the mechanical issues the players have wanted to be addressed.

Sorry Enhancement mains. I support you from the sidelines.
These are actually Terrible.

Like seriously. What really should have been changed is our Mastery which is terrible right now. We aren't gaining much from it and it's where most of our damage came from before the Squish.

This is just picking random things and adjusting the numbers. This is Awful.

Also just make Ascendance Baseline again, across all specs. No one liked that change. If anything Ascendance related needs to be a talent, make it Smoldering Heart or Fire in the Deep (for resto).
I'm happy about these changes, talent balance has been a big problem for enhance! I do still think that overcapping maelstrom is still a problem, and not sure if the overcharge changes are enough, but I'll test it when I can. going back to 150 maelstrom would help imo.
11/09/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Nimox
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!

Right.

Nimox, Hi There. Thank you for communicating changes with the community, its important and we are grateful to finally have news about changes.

With that said, I think the entire shaman community will agree when I say:
This isn't good enough.

We have mechanical problems, both in elemental and enhancement. Fixing numbers is something that should have been done when the raid opened.

I refuse to believe that in the 8 months since some of us started giving feedback, we're supposed to accept that the only changes are numerical in nature. It's damn right disgusting and disgraceful to think that YET AGAIN this class has had last minute,bodge jobs on tuning and design, has been overlooked AGAIN and we're supposed to just take it?

I've had enough. Tell the dev's this isn't good enough.

You can also ask them the question ive been asking since MARCH.
Why would someone take a shaman DPS over any other class?
This does not feel like a rework for the expansion level expectations. This feels like a temporary bandaid fix to suffice until the next round of of potential changes.

I have experience playing my enhancement shaman, and have been through a lot over the years. I feel like I was slapped in the face with these changes, and im a bit demoralized in the prospects of what is to come.

Edit:
So I am leaving my original post, but putting some extra here. I realize that these are just talent changes and that there might be more coming that encompasses more to the overall scope of the enhancement shaman. Yes the changes to talents are somewhat needed and glad that something is being done to combat the difference in some of the weaker talents. Although the Level 100 talent didn't get touched, which is odd (i dont feel like going through this cuz that can be saved for another post and there is already plenty of feedback regarding this tier). I feel like there is more to the changes than we are going to be seeing prior to the release of patch 8.1, but I have been burned before.

1, if this is just a portion of what is to be expected for the enhancement shaman then Blizzard youre doing a poor job of conveying the information. This would be like the bread crumbs to a larger thing that enh shaman are looking forward to seeing. The problem isn't where is the rest... the problem is... where is the message that says there is more?... like you could put at the end of the post "this does not encompass all of the 8.1 changes coming up but we are compiling a larger post to cover these said changes that will be coming very soon™"

2, if this is the only changes planned for the enh shaman for 8.1 then my original post stands. This doesn't resolve any of the gaping problems with the enh shaman, they have been laid out thoroughly on this forum by the enh shaman community for the past 8-9 months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9p0rfn/patch_81_shaman_community_feedback_megathread/
11/09/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Finesthour
so there needs to be a corresponding nerf to the pvp template, for obvious reasons but seems to be missing here

2 of enhancement's best pvp talents (~10-15% dps each) have already been removed in 8.1

None of these changes increase enhancement's output because none of these talents were being used (and even with these buffs they're still largely not quite up to par with the live meta build.
11/09/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Slimmjim
This does not feel like a rework for the expansion level expectations. This feels like a temporary bandaid fix to suffice until the next round of of potential changes.

They did the same thing to Shadow priests. Blizzard's balance, system, and class design teams are a joke.
These changes are awful. They do absolutely nothing. How about my MAELSTROM CAP being increased? Blizzard DO YOU EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO FEEDBACK?!

11/09/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Nimox
The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

Wow. THIS SOLVES NOTHING. THANKS FOR THE NERF!
11/09/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Schmeebles

Two PVP talents got combined into one that should lower how much burst they do with every stormstrike since only 1 or the other effect can go off iirc.
You will never get any rework mid-expansion.

NEVER. If you dislike the current gameplay, change spec/class or suffer.

There is no sign for an Enhancement rework in BfA.
I am trying my absolute utmost to be polite with this post, so I apologise if I go off kilter or have any hyperbole, I am giving an earnest opinion here.

Please, please can you actually engage in discussion with us as Enhancement players if this is the proposed fixes to the talent tree and/or mechanical gameplay before you do it. This is not what the spec or the talent tree needs, it does not alleviate any of the issues, some of the choices for what has been done here seem out of touch and left field. We are absolutely willing to have a discourse and work toward outlining exactly what is wrong with the spec in current gameplay; be that in a private discussion or in the private Enhancement discord.

This post goes nowhere even close to the territory of what needed to be addressed, especially considering Feral/Shadow/Elemental got at the very least mechanical alterations that indicated issues outside of raw numbers were the issue. You're better than this.
11/09/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Lothain
You will never get any rework mid-expansion.

NEVER. If you dislike the current gameplay, change spec/class or suffer.

There is no sign for an Enhancement rework in BfA.

You know, besides them saying that Shaman would be getting reworked in 8.1 for what, 8 months now?