Any low-tier specs doing better on the PTR?

Arenas
Quick question, for anyone really into the PTR, are any of the poor specs (DK, Warlocks, Ele, WW) that really aren't shining super hard atm, doing much better on the PTR?
I have all these classes at 120 on live and have been playing PTR daily testing things with friends i can tell you this:

Ele feels a ton better on the PTR in my testing though still a bit lacking its 100% better then live in every way with the talent changes and damage spread around into other abilities your no longer needing to fill with 5k lightning bolts lol they are actually hitting for 14-20k for me which feels really good. Lava burst still hits like an overcooked meatball sadly but with the ice fury buff again it makes all 3 casting schools dangerous again and feels a bit more like legion in that regard.

DK having the new death strike cd and all the other changes feels again 100% better in every way. Unholy has a few good builds with traits you can actually do really good damage with. You can actually live now and being able to stay alive is/was the biggest pitfall of dk in bfa although its at the cost of using globals on death strike which feels meh. Frost on the other hand though still decent is not in a good place imo.

WW monk hasent had any ability changes that they actually needed. They added a couple dumb things that wont do anything in reality and think its going to fix it but i just cant see it happening without fist stun back at the very least.

Affliction and destro are looking really good since there damage is fine on live and got buffed on the PTR the glaring issue was survival against melee dmg and with the new demon armor that alliviates the majority of that concern. They still feel like port needs to be baseline, it still sucks demon armor isnt baseline and takes up a pvp talent but the small quality of life changes will at least get them back into the arena.

So out of the specs you mentioned i would still stay away from ww but all the others look to be shaping up to at least be competitive now and not dog !@#$ like they are now for the majority of players.
I have heard UH DK is doing decently?
Hpriest is doing fabulously on PTR too.
mw isnt low tier but its doing alot better too
11/10/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Frostyx
I have all these classes at 120 on live and have been playing PTR daily testing things with friends i can tell you this:

Ele feels a ton better on the PTR in my testing though still a bit lacking its 100% better then live in every way with the talent changes and damage spread around into other abilities your no longer needing to fill with 5k lightning bolts lol they are actually hitting for 14-20k for me which feels really good. Lava burst still hits like an overcooked meatball sadly but with the ice fury buff again it makes all 3 casting schools dangerous again and feels a bit more like legion in that regard.

DK having the new death strike cd and all the other changes feels again 100% better in every way. Unholy has a few good builds with traits you can actually do really good damage with. You can actually live now and being able to stay alive is/was the biggest pitfall of dk in bfa although its at the cost of using globals on death strike which feels meh. Frost on the other hand though still decent is not in a good place imo.

WW monk hasent had any ability changes that they actually needed. They added a couple dumb things that wont do anything in reality and think its going to fix it but i just cant see it happening without fist stun back at the very least.

Affliction and destro are looking really good since there damage is fine on live and got buffed on the PTR the glaring issue was survival against melee dmg and with the new demon armor that alliviates the majority of that concern. They still feel like port needs to be baseline, it still sucks demon armor isnt baseline and takes up a pvp talent but the small quality of life changes will at least get them back into the arena.

So out of the specs you mentioned i would still stay away from ww but all the others look to be shaping up to at least be competitive now and not dog !@#$ like they are now for the majority of players.

That's good to know. I was a little sad at the changes I saw for WW, which just didn't seem to be the right direction, but otherwise, sounds like what I expected to hear. Hopefully Ele shaman will end up actually viable/competitive. Have considered trying Unholy as well.

If anyone else has any input from their perspective, please do add.
what about mm
is it still a joke and we're forced to play melee
Buff WW please!
11/11/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Reimmi
what about mm

I feel you. I rolled Hunter this expac because Locks were doodoo, and neither ranged spec is viable. If I'd wanted to play melee I'd have played my rogue or warrior
11/11/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Reimmi
what about mm

Yeah think it's kinda wild how melee-centric the game is now. You rarely see locks, ele, arcane mage. You'll pretty commonly see boomkin or spriest and both frost and fire mages are very common to face. That's 4 casters to what? Arms, fury, enhance, sin, outlaw (little less common), feral, survival, havoc, ret and after PTR unholy should be more frequent and depending on meta and buffs even though they aren't what WW wanted, WW could be too. At least marks gave an interested in-between in a ranged non-caster that required some charged-up abilities.