Tigereye Brew?

Monk
I don't understand it's purpose,

It could potentially have a very rewarding boost window for PvP but it's just so restrictive.

1 stack every 3 chi spent but it doesn't count anything used from serenity, it takes a really long time to build up and for some reason includes a handicap of reducing your damage just like SEF...

I like brews, I don't like when blizzard went the way of splitting up specs so much as to have very little cross over abilities.

Monk needs a lot more thought put into it's design.
Don’t choose it. It is legit a dps loss against plate users. It is only on the talent to mock you because it used to be our main offensive cooldown. Now it is just a sick joke.
Hey buddy!

TEB is amazing - against two comps.

1) - pallies of any kind. They will often BOP during kill windows, and since we dont have a purge,this is the only way you can kill through it.

2) - resto druids/moonkins. If they sit bear, this is a great way to keep your damage up.

3) - MAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBE against tank specs (prot pally, prot warrior, etc)
It’s questionable if it does more damage vrs bear form. And if they just go out of the form it’s even worse.

So against a pally for bop? Cool story bro too bad it lowers your damage and you won’t hit hard enough to kill anyway.

This tigereye brew talent is hot garbage and a mockery and doesn’t increase your damage at all against armoured classes and takes up an honor slot.
I've never actually tested it so IDK. Is it getting removed or changed?

If all it does is potentially go through HoP then that is fairly sad.

Is there some data showing how much it reduces your damage by?
11/11/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Ultrios

20%

11/11/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
This tigereye brew talent is hot garbage and a mockery and doesn’t increase your damage at all against armoured classes and takes up an honor slot.

It is a damage gain on everything above 35% armor and damage neutral on everything lower generally due to % damage reductions like focused will and you lose your 5% damage bonus from Mystic Touch once your attacks stop being physical.

11/10/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc
Don’t choose it. It is legit a dps loss against plate users. It is only on the talent to mock you because it used to be our main offensive cooldown. Now it is just a sick joke.

It use to be the same tier as FoF stun and only fell out of favor because now it's a competing honor talent. TEB was/is not a bad talent for the most part. Hpal had an armor bonus in Legion that made it worth running against them. TEB and FoF Stun were also on the same tier so anytime you could have your teammate setup or didn't need the stun; which was something mainly applicable in 2s, or random gameplay in battlegrounds, or world content that some people enjoyed doing. It was free damage and this is what ultimately led to ww having a melee spot in legion RBGs because you could kill a vengDH with TEB/Serenity in a single bomb and had the mobility to chase them in ways like setting your Transcendence on their leap (Big for Horde side).

Biggest issues now are Mystic Touch & Competing Honor Talents.
11/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Talbyy
11/11/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Ultrios

20%

11/11/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc

It is a damage gain on everything above 35% armor and damage neutral on everything lower generally due to % damage reductions like focused will and you lose your 5% damage bonus from Mystic Touch once your attacks stop being physical.

11/10/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Omnipotentjc

It use to be the same tier as FoF stun and only fell out of favor because now it's a competing honor talent. TEB was/is not a bad talent for the most part. Hpal had an armor bonus in Legion that made it worth running against them. TEB and FoF Stun were also on the same tier so anytime you could have your teammate setup or didn't need the stun; which was something mainly applicable in 2s, or random gameplay in battlegrounds, or world content that some people enjoyed doing. It was free damage and this is what ultimately led to ww having a melee spot in legion RBGs because you could kill a vengDH with TEB/Serenity in a single bomb and had the mobility to chase them in ways like setting your Transcendence on their leap (Big for Horde side).

Biggest issues now are Mystic Touch & Competing Honor Talents.

This guy should legit have his mvp revoked.

It isn’t a damage increase against hpals warriors or dks. Maybe against like a Prot warrior by like 5% dmg or something but even then it’s questionable.

It was useless in legion and didn’t compete with fist stun are you joking this is the most special ed thing I’ve ever read on the forums and it’s from a green poster.

Everyone on this forum reading this know that this is misinformation and in no situation will this mockery tigereye brew ever worth using even in legion it was never worth using and this guy saying it as good as fist stun. What a flat out liar. This talent is so bad that it is actually a hinderance to use.

I was playing with a 2.6k disc priest and when I was trying to use it against a fury warrior he wouldn’t dispel my cc because he knew I wasn’t going to do any damage with that up he might as well have just smited.

I heard at the very start of legion it was decent because it actually increased damage but not the version I used in legion it was garbage like the version we have now, useful never.
And if you don’t believe me I dare you to try it out for yourself it is never a damage increase and if it is. It isn’t noticeable but you will notice that it doesn’t increase your damage more often then not but reduce it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764466618

Give me a break dude. The work has already been done for you but you can't even spend 30 seconds on google looking for it.

Take all that time you spend writing emotional forum posts and apply it in game sometime, your world will change.

You were right about misinformation! I did remember incorrectly, it's 25%, not 20, and I used a general value of 35% but it's a little lower like 33%.

On the topic of TEB, I doubt much has changed since I wrote that. K values are a bit different because I found a way that I was doing the math on something incorrectly but not enough to change the general idea that it's an increase on high armor targets and damage neutral or worse on lower ones.
Took me 2 mins to write a forum post?

Ya right what am I going to do log onto my my monk and try to find arena games for hours ya right.

I got my 2.1 achievement is done for 8.0 ya right I’ll make it to glad this season with crappy WW.

You say the damage is increased on someone with armour over 33%? By how much? Not enough to notice.

You can spend all the time trying to look your little on paper stuff up but I have used it in arena and bg. It’s terrible and a mockery of the old tigereye brew. It shouldn’t even be in the game the way it is. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

When you attack a holy pally with a shield you legit do less damage I don’t know if they have 33% dmg redux but I do know that crap doesn’t work on them.

So what is the point? There isn’t one really use it on a tank in rbg? Maybe but it still barely does anything you are probably better off going tigertail sweep with the xuen spawn for extra damage on the tank and that is getting removed.

If this tigereye brew talent doesn’t get changed in 8.1 it’s a testament to how crappy the class designers are.
Talby I don’t mean to give ya such a hard time but this talent is so bad.

The old tigereye brew was one of the best things in the game and the fact they have this in the game in its current iteration is just a piss off.

For the mvp to come in here and be like oh ya it’s good comparable too fof stun it’s like ya no guy you sound like ion saying the gcd change was good for the longevity of the game it’s like nah bruh no one likes it, it’s terrible. It’s always going to be terrible.

Idk if it’s your job to defend this things or are you actually like just that clueless?
11/11/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
So what is the point?

The point is that in the 2 minutes you spent writing a forum post you wrote

• "It is legit a dps loss against plate users."
  • "It’s questionable if it does more damage vrs bear form"
  • [li]"It was useless in legion and didn’t compete with fist stun"

Then you actually tried to call me a liar. Imagine that.

There is no current point to Tigers Eye Brew right now in BFA as I've pointed out in the thread I linked and in my above post. I didn't come here to say there was one either. I answered a question and fixed an incorrect statement.
    Tigereye feels horrible and should be reworked.
    Ya iunno Talby your edited posts are completely diferent from the originals so iunno I was just responding to what you had to say.

They do need to change tigereye brew or just remove it. That’s all I’m saying.

You were trying to defend it obviously or I wouldn’t have given you a hard time.
    11/11/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
    It was useless in legion and didn’t compete with fist stun are you joking this is the most special ed thing I’ve ever read on the forums and it’s from a green poster.

Everyone on this forum reading this know that this is misinformation and in no situation will this mockery tigereye brew ever worth using even in legion it was never worth using and this guy saying it as good as fist stun. What a flat out liar. This talent is so bad that it is actually a hinderance to use.

You realize it WAS worth using in Legion against Bear Form rdruids if you were playing a comp where you trained them (WW/DK - WW/Enhance) where you didn't need fist stun because you had other stuns out of the Legsweep, such as a HOJ if you were playing with a Hpal, or a 2nd Legsweep if you were playing with a Crane MW, TEB actually would do good damage to Bear Form, unfortunately that isn't the case anymore.
    It's a hindrance to use NOW, but it wasn't back then in Legion if you were facing/playing the correct comp.

And I agree, this new TEB is a disgusting excuse of a talent compared to MOP/WOD iteration, but like Talby said ( and I really don't agree with much that I see Talby say ) but he is correct when he says the biggest thing standing in the way of TEB being even somewhat viable/chosen is competing honor talents that are just better.

If it were up to me i'd have them:
    - Revert TEB to its old iteration, and have it baseline
    - Make WDP baseline
    - Put Images in WDP's place in the talent tree, but as the toggle version it used to be pre-legion
    - Remove Spiritual Focus in place of Chi Brew so we can gain stacks quickly due to not having Pre-Legion Mastery.

11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
    For the mvp to come in here and be like oh ya it’s good comparable too fof stun it’s like ya no guy you sound like ion saying the gcd change was good for the longevity of the game it’s like nah bruh no one likes it, it’s terrible. It’s always going to be terrible.

Correct me if im wrong, but maybe I interpreted Talby's post differently from you, but it seemed like he was saying TEB was worth using in Legion sometimes, rather than saying it's worth using now. Which if that is what he was saying, its correct.

11/11/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
    I got my 2.1 achievement is done for 8.0 ya right I’ll make it to glad this season with crappy WW.

I mean its not impossible, myself and probably 10 other WW's have done it this season. But you actually have to put tons of effort & time to get it with WW's current situation so
    It is sort of telling that we now give a 5 percent physical damage buff that was slapped on the top of the hood, but that TEB, one of our own honor talents, doesn't even take advantage of that 5 percent.

Kind of shows how little thought and work went into WW this xpac. It's just right there staring you in the face.

They knew monks would be in a rough spot utility wise and ran out of time/money. So they were like, "Hey what can we do so monks are desirable to bring since we're gutting their AOE and they won't be a top DPS?"

OOOH I KNOW, slap a 5 percent physical damage buff on them and you're great! Done and done.

But they didn't even think about things like, yeah this won't work with tiger eye brew. Same situation with the AOE. We were a last second neutering without any consideration. And that is where their consideration for the WW spec ends this XPAC.
    11/12/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Ultrios
    It is sort of telling that we now give a 5 percent physical damage buff that was slapped on the top of the hood, but that TEB, one of our own honor talents, doesn't even take advantage of that 5 percent.

Kind of shows how little thought and work went into WW this xpac. It's just right there staring you in the face.

They knew monks would be in a rough spot utility wise and ran out of time/money. So they were like, "Hey what can we do so monks are desirable to bring since we're gutting their AOE and they won't be a top DPS?"

OOOH I KNOW, slap a 5 percent physical damage buff on them and you're great! Done and done.

But they didn't even think about things like, yeah this won't work with tiger eye brew. Same situation with the AOE. We were a last second neutering without any consideration. And that is where their consideration for the WW spec ends this XPAC.

well hey, their bringing back expel harm, kinda

so maybe in 2 xpacs they'll revert TEB!

this is the start of what could've been a pretty good copy pasta

shame
    11/12/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Felryn

this is the start of what could've been a pretty good copy pasta

shame

I consider myself pretty experienced (1300+ Assassination Rogue) and to have this to say: if you do not have the level of expertise and experience in rated play to post thoughtfully, your commentary is not required. Thank you. @Felryn @Ryutiz @Fen