Healing in WoW is not fun

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/11/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Dracowarrior
Healing as a Monk is a lot more fun then healing as a Shaman. I hate healing with my Shaman as well OP.

Make a monk.

Mistweavers are not as fun as they were in Legion. With the artifact removal (and legendaries, and tier...) we basically got dumped back to level 100.

Compared to other healers it's quite good, but all classes and specs across the board took a hit and just feel... bad.
The problem I have with healing with anything other than a Disc Priest, is that healing seems to be the only thing you can do. Solo questing or Warfronts without a group with you as your DPS pack is just a totally lost cause. I miss being able to choose a couple of DPS talents to flesh out some elemental damage as a Shammy. Or those satisfying Exorcism crits as a Holy Pally. It's so homogenized and boring. 'Well, you chose this spec, NOW PLAY IT!' It's awful.
11/11/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Helenei
Over-specialized healing specs that are not fun to play.

I don't want raids to be balanced around me having damage. I want to heal, not DPS. Over-specialized is good.

Slow, boring rotation and gameplay.

Rotation???

Have you ever played a healer?

Crappy healing gear early in the BFA expansion make healers feel weak and neglected. A lack of healing weapons and trinkets is a huge problem.

???

Hybrids that can no longer be played as a hybrid.

That's Because people wanted Hybrids to be good at things.

Healing specs, except disc priest are useless for leveling or grinding.

Had no issues personally.

Talent matrix is too limiting for healers, especially hybrids.

Not really

Gonna be blunt. I think you're whining, and asking for things that have nothing to do with healing.
none of u know anything. why would blizzard care?
Warfronts? Lol.

I suppose you’re of those people that queue as healers into island expeditions too.

Do content that isn’t catered to people not having a clue what they’re doing and I think you’ll find that healing is much more dynamic than you think
11/11/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Lichkong
Warfronts? Lol.

I suppose you’re of those people that queue as healers into island expeditions too.

Do content that isn’t catered to people not having a clue what they’re doing and I think you’ll find that healing is much more dynamic than you think
I don't even have to click on you to know by your comment that you're a Blood DK. Perhaps Warfronts are fine for you without heals, but us Rogues and Warriors have issues without at least some random heals going off somewhere.
Of the healing specs I've tried I find Shammy by far the most fun.
I'll use all 10 of my heals every boss in a dungeon, on top of throwing damage when possible. You are never not doing something.
If you are disliking healing my suggestion is to do random BGs....far more excitement and dynamics than any raid you could possibly ever do. I kid you not. Right now that is the only thing holding me to the game....god knows they 4 button dungeon spam isn't going to do it.
The only thing I hate about healers is that is the only thing you can do, heal.

There should be a modifier that increases your DPS on par with a real DPS when not in a group.
11/11/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Comedy
11/11/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Pdn
the healers in FFXIV are fun because they're "expected" to do dps in addition to provide utility. the healers in wow are expected to keep your HP up, and if you dare waste mana or a global on a DPS ability your raid dies.

that's not true. there are windows where healers should dps in wow. in in mythic content.

okay so in mythic difficulties sure

but for the most part its not the case.
That's why DISC priest is one of the most popular specs for healing in general.
Shamans are just in a terrible place for PVE right now. We're not desirable for progression Uldir raiding or group content such as M+. Im holding on for hope that we'll be looked at / buffed by 8.1 but I'm keeping my expectations low at this point.
Healing hasn’t been fun since the end of wrath when ghost crawler screwed it all up for CATA
I was going to say something but I'm a Priest, so nm. :(
11/11/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Abusivé
Shamans are just in a terrible place for PVE right now. We're not desirable for progression Uldir raiding or group content such as M+. Im holding on for hope that we'll be looked at / buffed by 8.1 but I'm keeping my expectations low at this point.

You are not lying. I dropped my Shaman mid Legion and haven't looked back. I do miss her. I get a key done on her every week just to keep her up gear wise and pray for change and that's it. Login for that and right back out.
I refuse to heal in this game. I agree with the OP.

I liked healing in FFXIV because at least there I was expected to DPS too and not just stare at raid frames.
11/11/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Kalorea

I liked healing in FFXIV because at least there I was expected to DPS too and not just stare at raid frames.

I just started this game a couple weeks ago and am playing a healer, so much fun!
11/11/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Kalorea

I don't really like this line of thinking. To me it sounds like a DPS that wants healers to be a DPS.

I do like FFXIV healers more, but not for DPS, forget that.

I love the mana management and pre-prepping nature of healing in FFXIV. Which Blizzard has tried to all but remove from WoW style healing. FFXIV healing is still about efficiency, and not just spamming heals.

It just so happens that finishing a battle faster and pushing certain points is also fairly efficient usage of spells.

FFXIV never feels like it's trying to surprise you. If the tank gets spiked, you probably missed a cue and it's your fault.
11/11/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Vicktoria
Healing hasn’t been fun since the end of wrath when ghost crawler screwed it all up for CATA

It was super fun to beacon 1 tank and cast holy light on the other for the entire raid.
The main think keeping me here is the healing, but people make it really painful.
( I've only played healers in my 11+ years )

I dont find endless m+ spam fun to heal anymore and I was initially hoping they were going to make dungeons larger/detailed in Legion when they promised expanded dungeon content. Similar to raids but smaller. I honestly never liked the idea of m+ spamming over and over to begin with and losing vendors+reforging+valor upgrading sucks because there is always that one slot ( or more ) where RNG screws you over hard. That was protection against that.

M+ was fun for a bit but the affixes are not "fun" combined with the horrible trash in half of the dungeons they make. Poor testing really makes them not work either. I mostly just heal heroic aotc now and w/e m+ for the weekly, hopefully they improve the system somehow for us because m+ is terrible.
nothing is fun in this game anymore because you have to actually have brain cells to play now