WoW Forum Migration Tues Nov 13th

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
UPDATE TUES NOV 13th: The Forum Maintenance link has been removed so we can assume a delay. ETA for update now unknown. It WILL happen, we just don't know when until Blizz shares more news.

The forums will be down on Tuesday Nov 13th from aprox 8am PST to 5pm PST to migrate them to the new software format. You can check out the Overwatch forums if you want to see an example.

The past two weeks of posts will migrate to the new forums. These forums will be locked as read only. You can also expect your post count to reset to zero, if it works like the other migrations.

Make sure to copy and save any guides, stories, or other posts you care about!

You can read about the details here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

EDIT - The new forums also use HTML markup so you have some more formatting options. You can read a tutorial here on the OW board. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/forum-html-tutorial/7399

Excellent thread on the Heroes forum about Trust Levels and formatting. Ours should be similar. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380
snowfox and others are gonna lose their bananas about the post count
11/11/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Rautha
snowfox and others are gonna lose their [removed] about the post count

I think Snowfox will be just fine :) The regulars here have seen the threads discussing the changes now for a few months so are likely ready for them.
11/11/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Rautha
snowfox and others are gonna lose their !@#$ about the post count

Don't worry, the troll will surely be like "lol you had over 80k posts on the old forums, do u even play?"
Will we still get to post as our characters?
If I understand correctly, yes, we will still be posting as our characters with your character's avatar from the armory.
11/11/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Tyierin
Will we still get to post as our characters?

I THINK so. The intent is for us to keep our posting chars so hopefully they can do that from the start of the software rollout.
RIP Snowfox's post count.
Man, this is going to mess me up for a few days. But emojis...worth.
I hope the new forums aren't as overmoderated as people say they are. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you guys :(
Below are some features that will be available in the new forum:

Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

Hmm.

edit:
11/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mortis
I hope the new forums aren't as overmoderated as people say they are. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you guys :(

The same group moderates all the Forums.
Please tell me they're going to give a perma-fire skin to these old forums like when Deathwing torched a zone in Cataclysm.

Then if someone quotes or links to them, they automatically get an achievement signature at the bottom of that post with little flames like their post is on fire.

And their avatar displays as a shadow like it got scorched to charcoal.
I have a huge supply of posthole diggers in-stock and ready to sell.
PST for pricing and quantity discounts.
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Jamalia
The same group moderates all the Forums.

Just because they are the same people doesn't mean they work in the same way with all systems.

I hope things remain the same. But I've heard that people get silenced more often with the new forums than the old ones.

I hope they are wrong. But I'm not gonna bet on it.
11/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mortis

The current forums have a very outdated reporting and tracking system on the back end that makes it hard for mods to do their jobs. I can assume the new forums have much better tools for the mods so they are able to get to reports faster.

So, it is the same team, the only difference is the tools they have.
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Jamalia
Below are some features that will be available in the new forum:

Trust Levels

We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

Hmm.

I saw a sticky on the Heroes of the Storm forum about it. I assume WoW forums will follow the same or at least a similar format.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380
A whole new fancy forum to post stupid jokes in. I’ve earned this.
Why every company want their Forums to look like Reddit. I hate that layout.
The Overwatch forums are a hideous combination of twitter and reddit and anyone who thinks they aren't the worst forum design in human history probably also thinks Fortnite is the greatest game of all time.
honestly as long as i can post on separate characters from armory I'll be fine.

I like to post questions on the character i have a question on.