WoW Forum Migration Tues Nov 13th

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next
Well the forums are a bit confusing looking, but we'll adapt.
F
11/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Mirasol
You can also expect your post count to reset to zero, if it works like the other migrations.
I'm cool with the rest of it, but man I sincerely hope this is not the case.
11/11/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Alyreu
The Overwatch forums are a hideous combination of twitter and reddit and anyone who thinks they aren't the worst forum design in human history probably also thinks Fortnite is the greatest game of all time.

Seems recently things never evolve they always devolve into... something worse.
11/12/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Mirasol
It is going to be a bit rough at first, but we will adjust.

Does help if you've already had some forums go to Discourse.

A quick look at OW forums and it does look so similar to EVE's that I know I won't take anytime getting used to our new WoW forums.
11/12/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Crepe
11/12/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Nyalmi
Hey at least on a good note our forums will finally not break every couple months.

Promises, promises...

A girl can dream crepe, a girl can dreaam.
It took me 12 years to hit the 150 milestone! How can Blizz erase so much hard work?!?!?!

I can't bear the thought of starting over
11/11/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Mirasol
11/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mortis
I hope the new forums aren't as overmoderated as people say they are. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you guys :(

The current forums have a very outdated reporting and tracking system on the back end that makes it hard for mods to do their jobs. I can assume the new forums have much better tools for the mods so they are able to get to reports faster.

So, it is the same team, the only difference is the tools they have.

So yeah...if you DARE say something the mods don't like you'll be banned/silenced/suspended more....

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"...."not all change is good"....

Another pathetic move, imo...but then again, Blizztivision is full of them these days.
11/11/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
/licks WyomingMist

Mmm...minty!

That's not exactly what my BattleTag... ah forget it. I'd be setting myself up for as far as I know.

WYOMING MINT
I bet it tastes like cold wind feels.
LMAO at all you folks who just post drivel in every thread because you wanted thousands of posts for whatever insane reasons.

I feel bad for the people with ongoing tech support issues.
11/12/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Kato
LMAO at all you folks who just post drivel in every thread because you wanted thousands of posts for whatever insane reasons.

I feel bad for the people with ongoing tech support issues.

I am confused, what does tech support have to do with the General Discussion regulars? The forum mod team only does forum moderation, they don't do Tech Support or answer GM tickets. Two different teams.
I'm gonna miss this place :(
If the only thing they take from Reddit is the tree threaded structure - that's awesome.

Linear forums fail at advancing the discussion as posts just repeat what was said 3 pages ago.

Reddit is only bad because the people on it suck and the moderators are worse. I doubt that will be anywhere near as bad here.
Hate reddit style postings. Much prefer the tried and true Vbulletin or even PhPBB.
11/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Mirasol
The past two weeks of posts will migrate to the new forums.

So, what's the gameplan for us users.
We suppose to line up in single file, take a number, etc, or do we just all kinda walk at a leisurely pace over to the new digs?
11/11/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Mirasol
11/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mortis
I hope the new forums aren't as overmoderated as people say they are. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you guys :(

The current forums have a very outdated reporting and tracking system on the back end that makes it hard for mods to do their jobs. I can assume the new forums have much better tools for the mods so they are able to get to reports faster.

So, it is the same team, the only difference is the tools they have.

Too bad they didn't consider user usability as well. That example looks horrible.
Played around with the HOTS version. Turns out you can use Ublock to eliminate the topic map if you don't want to scroll through all that, along with the timeline and suggested topics. So it looks like more the WoW forums. Only thing is, you might not want to eliminate the timeline since there's no page button anymore. I really liked that for a quick jump in persistent megathreads and I feel like that's the main thing I'm mainly missing from the forum approach

Threads in general look more "conversational" (maybe a bit too argumentative, to the point of I had seen users called out by name based on their post history, like a MMOC kind of thing) because of the nested approach, lot more back and forth, though as a long-time forum user I prefer to just have the focus on the OP but it certainly has its advantages, and I'm sure it's significantly better for mobile users.

I also don't think someones post count needs to be front and center and I liked the thumbs up thing at the top instead
I wanna know why lore, the yak, or that other blue hasn't done their only job and talk about the new forums yet.
One good thing about the migration is that the forum necromancers won't have anything to work with for a while.
11/12/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Rankin
One good thing about the migration is that the forum necromancers won't have anything to work with for a while.

Hold my beer...