WoW Forum Migration Tues Nov 13th

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
Poor Snowfox. You'll have to start all over! !
Gonna be totally honest, that new layout is really, really bad. Do these guys even know what good website design and UI layout is?

Can someone please explain to me why they thought it would be a good idea to take up literally 1/4 of the screen with that scroll sidebar? It's also extremely aggravating that the whole thing isn't centered. And don't even get me started on the vomit of icons and "info" and the bottom of the first post.

And that's just a couple things that came to mind at first glance...
Oooh, finally!
Wait. I just read the link. Is it going to be phone friendly?

Are they going to update the forum guidelines?

Will there be more moderation and blue activity?
11/11/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Alyreu
The Overwatch forums are a hideous combination of twitter and reddit and anyone who thinks they aren't the worst forum design in human history probably also thinks Fortnite is the greatest game of all time.

This ^^ The overwatch layout is gross. Really hope it's not a carbon copy.
Am I the only one who likes the page system? Feels easier to keep track of to me.
11/11/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Mirasol
snowfox and others are gonna lose their [removed] about the post count

I think Snowfox will be just fine :) The regulars here have seen the threads discussing the changes now for a few months so are likely ready for them.

This is my first time hearing about it. :(
11/11/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Gruoth
11/11/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Mirasol

I know you are kidding, but if anyone wonders, the Website team is totally separate from the game Dev teams.
Do MVPs get to keep post counts or do they reset with the rest of us? No big deal, just wondering.

It resets like everyone else.
Will account actions from the current forum carry over? And will you be able to tell if you've been flagged 5 or more times to prevent you from reaching trust level 3, so that people who actively try to go for that know not to waste their time?

Not a fan of any trust level user being able to embed images and gifs though, but that's because my internet connection is awful and will quickly bog down on a page if too many show up.
11/11/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Sarm
Will account actions from the current forum carry over? And will you be able to tell if you've been flagged 5 or more times to prevent you from reaching trust level 3, so that people who actively try to go for that know not to waste their time?

Not a fan of any trust level user being able to embed images and gifs though, but that's because my internet connection is awful and will quickly bog down on a page if too many show up.

The account actions stand and can be read by the mods. The actions for the trust levels will start fresh with the new forums with regard to the 5 flags - and the mods have to verify they are deserved. I did ask about it. You won't be able to tell though, which does not feel great.

With regard to the gifts you should be able to remove the auto play in your browser. Mine does not play them.
What’s trust level?
I worded that badly. I mean forum account actions. Not that I'm set to try to get trust level 3 or anything, but I was curious how my specific account would be handled because (as far as I know), I have a single bugged infraction on my account and was wondering if "credit" for that posting suspension would carry over.
11/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Mortis
I hope the new forums aren't as overmoderated as people say they are. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss you guys :(

It's mostly auto-moderation. IMO, it's awful at times because the brigading can get really, really bad.

I'm not going to look forward to the anti-alliance brigading of faction population threads. Because it's going to happen, and vice-versa at some point.
The OW forum looks horrible but what can we do? Gotta roll with the punches.
11/11/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Idun
11/11/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Thundertotem
I'll never make trust level 3, the people on Classic hate me because I won't tow the party line.

Very few people on the Classic forum will make it past level 2.

Funny enough neither will some of us. I got a 1 day suspension for telling someone to grow up and act mature. They had posted saying how they couldn't stomach playing the other faction and my advice was just that. Grow up, it's a game, and I got banned for harassment for it.

Edit: After I posted this I see the 'flags will reset' but I'mma leave this here regardless to point out that people can be petty and will abuse the system.

Now, whether that's legit is neither here nor there. I'm not saying this to try and re-litigate the past, what happened happened. But something like that was enough that I'll never get to be one of the Chosen Ones. Wonder what else will get flagged as hate speech or harassment and result in a ban or suspension whether benign or not.

11/11/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Kirela
Will there be more moderation and blue activity?

Wouldn't hold my breath for more blue activity, honestly...
Edit: After I posted this I see the 'flags will reset' but I'mma leave this here regardless to point out that people can be petty and will abuse the system.

I'm hopefully wrong, but I assumed that flags for bad content and forum suspensions were separate things. As best as I can interpret it, the 1-day ban from these forums would perma-block trust level 3 on the new one, which is why I was asking.
Somehow I don't think giving us the privilege to post memes is going to end well.

Update small question here...
Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Will I not be able to get to level 3 because I was suspended for a week once?
If this is true who knew my week stint back in 2013 was going to come back to bite me eventually.
11/11/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Kerguelen
Am I the only one who likes the page system? Feels easier to keep track of to me.

No you're not the only one.

I didn't realize how stupid the trust system was when I posted in the other thread ... who came up with this stuff? Bad layout, bad design, bad systems. I wonder if it's tied to their obsession with mobile phones - maybe it looks better on them. Idk since I don't use my phone for forums.

This may cure some of us of our forum addiction though lol
Here's a question for the Bunnysol: Those trust levels - do they require everything in each subsection to be met, or any of them from the list will suffice? If it's everything, that's asking way too much of people and making it into a bloody full time job.
11/11/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Shado
It was nice knowing some of you.

Except those of you on Blood Elves. I will forever dislike/hate you while naked and silent from the distance.

I guess forums will be a less fun/funny >.<

You'll be missed my luscious Orc thang :(