WoW Forum Migration Tues Nov 13th

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
11/11/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
Here's a question for the Bunnysol: Those trust levels - do they require everything in each subsection to be met, or any of them from the list will suffice? If it's everything, that's asking way too much of people and making it into a bloody full time job.

I suspect that was aimed at me. But it should be Kittysol! Anyway, I don't know. I think it is all based on new forum metric tracking. You have to meet everything to advance.
11/11/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Mirasol
I suspect that was aimed at me. But it should be Kittysol! Anyway, I don't know. I think it is all based on new forum metric tracking. You have to meet everything to advance.

Sigh, so basically becomes a full time job then, which would make TS kinda suck royally.
Well, I've tremendously enjoyed the time I've spent in these forums over the years but I don't think I'll be on the new forums. It just doesn't look like my kind of thing. Enjoy though!
11/11/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Tiapriestess

Sigh, so basically becomes a full time job then, which would make TS kinda suck royally.

From the descriptions I've been given, it's adjustable. It was certainly inferred that they could make it dang near impossible to reach certain trust levels should they wish it.

We'll see.
11/11/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Crepe
From the descriptions I've been given, it's adjustable. It was certainly inferred that they could make it dang near impossible to reach certain trust levels should they wish it.

We'll see.

Hopefully they keep it reasonable for us tech support folk. I mean, the MVPs in those areas tend to take the brunt of the TS stuff where possible, so making their work harder isn't in Blizzard's best interest.
11/11/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Nyalmi
Somehow I don't think giving us the privilege to post memes is going to end well.
Oh no, it's going to go great....for the devs.

Now they can just point at the forums and be like "look at all the memes, no way can we take this seriously" and ignore us even more than they do now. Working as intended.
11/11/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Shadina
11/11/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Thundertotem
I'll never make trust level 3, the people on Classic hate me because I won't tow the party line.

This is what I'm thinking, but mostly because I'm probably too blunt for some people.

Same. I tell it like it is. Plus I've had forum vacations so that counts me out too. haha
11/11/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Tiapriestess

Yeah...but the MVPs *fingers crossed* may get a jump on permissions so we can still post links to the Support threads and such. They did that for OW for WyomingMist.
I dont mind the layout. Thats fine.

But what concerns me is this.....

After that we get to the popularity contest part.

So, you take away the down vote button because people were
abusing it. Not using it for what it was intended for.
But now, you are going to have our trust level depend on
others on the forums, and what they think of us?
11/11/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Mirasol
Yeah...but the MVPs *fingers crossed* may get a jump on permissions so we can still post links to the Support threads and such. They did that for OW for WyomingMist.

Well, at least that'll help you guys out. I'll have to go about it the hard way I suppose.
11/11/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
11/11/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Mirasol

Well, at least that'll help you guys out. I'll have to go about it the hard way I suppose.

See your Twitter DMs.
Does the people who got banned in the past get their account unlocked ?

Also iirc back in 2013 i got a 3 day ban, that means i dont qualify for lvl 3 of Trust?
11/11/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Kholgra
Does the people who got banned in the past get their account unlocked ?

Also iirc back in 2013 i got a 3 day ban, that means i dont qualify for lvl 3 of Trust?

Current perma-bans will remain in effect after the transition. That hasn't changed as that is an account level flag. From what I read though, for the purposes of accounts in good standing, trust levels will depend solely on what you say/do on and after the day of the forum transition. So long as you aren't in the middle of any account infraction during the transition and you haven't incurred an in-game permaban, you have a chance to work your way up legitimately.
11/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Jamalia

Hmm.

I saw a sticky on the Heroes of the Storm forum about it. I assume WoW forums will follow the same or at least a similar format.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

Yeesh. That purple is hideous.
I wonder does this means people who were banned will be able to post again.

It happened when the forums migrated to this format back in Cata.
11/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Mirasol
You can also expect your post count to reset to zero

ahah!

What's the point of a post counter if you're gonna reset it out of nowhere?!

just ditch the idea altogether :)
Okay, I actually kind of like the purple, but I think I still want to stick with brown and yellow. I like brown and yellow, it's one of my favorite color schemes.
So that's when they release WoW subs currently?
11/11/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Tekdh
ahah!

What's the point of a post counter if you're gonna reset it out of nowhere?!

just ditch the idea altogether :)

The post counter will have some relevance as it indirectly pertains to the trust level acquisition. It can be a sort of mini-barometer of where you might stand with regard to your own trust level. And given the level of moderation with the new forum format, those with relatively high post counts are likely those that have amassed few, if any, infractions since said infractions affects both your trust levels and your future ability to make posts.
11/11/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Mirasol
I think Snowfox will be just fine :) The regulars here have seen the threads discussing the changes now for a few months so are likely ready for them.

I will ask here since I haven't seen anything on it yet.

Mira, can you confirm if a suspension from the Forums will result in a suspension from the game? Asking primarily because other posters have said this is the case. This would be a pretty serious change in the Terms of Service and Blizzard's stance the past 14 years if so.