Ret sucks compared to some other specs

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh let me fix that for you: Why bring a ret over a DH and/or rogue. There we go.

Why bring a surv hunter over....

Why bring a warrior over....

Why bring a feral over.....

Why bring an enhance over.....

Why bring a dk over.....

Again you aren't special.

And again what is your point? Like I said, the only ones that are special are the rogue and DH. And this isn't about trying to gain sympathy for a class. It's more about again, asking the question to BLIZZARD on WHY bring anything other than rogue or DH.
11/12/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Ashenan

Why bring a surv hunter over....

Why bring a warrior over....

Why bring a feral over.....

Why bring an enhance over.....

Why bring a dk over.....

Again you aren't special.

And again what is your point? Like I said, the only ones that are special are the rogue and DH.

And my point is why is the TC specifying ret instead of every non rogue DH class in the game?

The topic implies that ret should be buffed to DH rogue levels.

And that is a retarded idea.
This is a buff ret topic using DH as the benchmark for viability.

That's ridiculous.

And again what is your point? Like I said, the only ones that are special are the rogue and DH.

And my point is why is the TC specifying ret instead of every non rogue DH class in the game?

The topic implies that ret should be buffed to DH rogue levels.

And that is a retarded idea.

You are right. This shouldn't just be about ret, this should be why all classes fail in comparison to DH or rogue. And if that's the case, DH and rogue bring brought down is a better option as it helps all other specs.
I don't care about being buffed to the moon and being a fotm spec, but at least buff Ret to where we are actually competitive.
11/12/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
I don't get topics like these ret is fine.

Basically this topic is just saying because you aren't as good or better than the best class in the game you suck.

That is stupid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Meanwhile, 7/8 Normal Raider with green parses trying to tell people to l2p, rich stuff.
11/13/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Olluul
11/12/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
I don't get topics like these ret is fine.

Basically this topic is just saying because you aren't as good or better than the best class in the game you suck.

That is stupid.

Meanwhile, 7/8 Normal Raider with green parses trying to tell people to l2p, rich stuff.

And he also plays a bm hunter, imagine his parses playing a ret paladin or something even worse?

And again mr hunter, you are not getting the point, or at least you like pretending that you dont. When you talk abou discrepancy, you have a world ahead when you see a rogue or dhs, to be honest I DONT CARE ABOUT THEM, what i care is that my class is able to perform as it is INTENDED TO BE, nobody here wants ret to be OP, to be the BEST, we just want to be ABLE TO COMPETE in ANYTHING. To be able to aoe / cleave and not simply LOSE DPS by doing so, or to get a huge buff on our single target if thats the spot were we are supposed to be good at.

Now again, since you have a huge knowledge about the game and about ret paladins, can you tell me other class that have to change 3 talents to have a CHANCE of doing a somewhat better aoe? Pay attention, i said A CHANCE cause its PURE RNG, can you tell me? Or can you tell me other class that only have ONE aoe ability that can't be used on two targets since its a huge dps loss? Can you? I'm waiting.
11/13/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Juvvia
I don't care about being buffed to the moon and being a fotm spec, but at least buff Ret to where we are actually competitive.

What's competitive though? Cause you already are competitive with every melee spec except rogue and DH.

Using the 2 most broken classes who each have everything as your benchmark isnt the correct way to evaluate the spec.
11/13/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Kyarïna
11/13/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Olluul

And he also plays a bm hunter, imagine his parses playing a ret paladin or something even worse?

And again mr hunter, you are not getting the point, or at least you like pretending that you dont. When you talk abou discrepancy, you have a world ahead when you see a rogue or dhs, to be honest I DONT CARE ABOUT THEM, what i care is that my class is able to perform as it is INTENDED TO BE, nobody here wants ret to be OP, to be the BEST, we just want to be ABLE TO COMPETE in ANYTHING. To be able to aoe / cleave and not simply LOSE DPS by doing so, or to get a huge buff on our single target if thats the spot were we are supposed to be good at.

Now again, since you have a huge knowledge about the game and about ret paladins, can you tell me other class that have to change 3 talents to have a CHANCE of doing a somewhat better aoe? Pay attention, i said A CHANCE cause its PURE RNG, can you tell me? Or can you tell me other class that only have ONE aoe ability that can't be used on two targets since its a huge dps loss? Can you? I'm waiting.

Marksman can't aoe 2 targets they also have to switch talents to aoe or single target.

And on top of that the only way a MM can be viable ( viable not competitive) is RNG (lethal shots) and by getting lucky enough to have 3 of the same azerite traits stacked.

Id buy your sub for the next year if the spec I wanted to play (marksmen) was where ret is as a spec.
Atleast ret hits like a truck in pvp...
11/13/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
11/13/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Kyarïna

Marksman can't aoe 2 targets they also have to switch talents to aoe or single target.

And on top of that the only way a MM can be viable ( viable not competitive) is RNG (lethal shots) and by getting lucky enough to have 3 of the same azerite traits stacked.

Id buy your sub for the next year if the spec I wanted to play (marksmen) was where ret is as a spec.

Mm is bad so ret can’t complain is a lousy argument and you know it. All is rets can do is ask either 1. Rogue and DH get wrecked with nerfs or 2. Ret gets buffed to their status. If mm sucks it’s on mm hunters to request the same, but you cannot just ignore ret problems because you hate bm.
11/13/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Stormdk
Atleast ret hits like a truck in pvp...
Mostly via stacking one single azerite trait which will most likely be nerfed because of this and I am not even sure if this trait will still exist in 8.1.
11/13/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
What's competitive though? Cause you already are competitive with every melee spec except rogue and DH.
Better melees than Ret: DH, Rogue (all three specs), Warrior (2 specs), Windwalker Monk, DK (at least Frost, unsure about Unholy).
It could be argued that Enhance and Feral are as bad as Ret...
11/13/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Baruup
11/13/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Mofuggaz

Mm is bad so ret can’t complain is a lousy argument and you know it. All is rets can do is ask either 1. Rogue and DH get wrecked with nerfs or 2. Ret gets buffed to their status. If mm sucks it’s on mm hunters to request the same, but you cannot just ignore ret problems because you hate bm.

Lets be clear, Ret is average, MM is bad.

DH and rogue being stronger than ret isn't a ret problem it's a rogue DH problem.

If your main problem as a spec is rogue and DH are better ,than your spec is in pretty good shape.
11/13/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Belerian
11/13/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
Better melees than Ret: DH, Rogue (all three specs), Warrior (2 specs), Windwalker Monk, DK (at least Frost, unsure about Unholy).
It could be argued that Enhance and Feral are as bad as Ret...

Ignoring pvp sure, ret as a pvp spec is better than definitely 1 rogue spec prolly 2 better than enhance come 8.1 better than both dk specs. Better than fury.

MM hunters isn't better than anyone at any facet of the game so when I see people say things like "ret sucks" I can't help but laugh.
11/13/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

DH and rogue being stronger than ret isn't a ret problem it's a rogue DH problem.

If your main problem as a spec is rogue and DH are better ,than your spec is in pretty good shape.

But it’s not. It’s worse than nearly every other melee. People have linked that information. Of course when they do you scream “but mm hunter!” So at this point I just want you to point on the doll here where the mean ret Paladin touched you.

Edit: oh I get it. You think this is a pvp discussion. It’s not. Sidegame class balance is irrelevant to this thread. Ret is a bad spec for endgame, aka raiding and m+.
11/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Baruup
11/13/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Mofuggaz

But it’s not. It’s worse than nearly every other melee. People have linked that information. Of course when they do you scream “but mm hunter!” So at this point I just want you to point on the doll here where the mean ret Paladin touched you.

So what we buff rets pve damage to be inline with DH. Then what? Cause in doing that you just created another pvp god.

Edit: oh I get it. You think this is a pvp discussion. It’s not. Sidegame class balance is irrelevant to this thread. Ret is a bad spec for endgame, aka raiding and m+.

Just ignore him. There's no point. It's already been established that his argument isn't actually an argument, it's just him being salty about how mm performs.
11/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

So what we buff rets pve damage to be inline with DH. Then what? Cause in doing that you just created another pvp god.

1. Pve and pvp are balanced separately and 2. Who cares anyone who wants an actual pvp game is playing a moba..or a BA... or overwatch...

11/13/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Nyhlia

Just ignore him. There's no point. It's already been established that his argument isn't actually an argument, it's just him being salty about how mm performs.

He’s just another butthurt sidegamer.