Wow is a round hole, ele is a square

Shaman
It seems to me that no one at Blizzard know what to do with ele.

Just a while back they said that Elemental was a siege turret type spec. While i have no problem with this, you would think such a spec would shine if allowed to not move and do damage. As we all know however, that is not the case.

Think of all the raids currently out, they all have at least some type of movement (zul probably being the smallest) but none have 0. In the fights that we excel the most are not because we get to stand still, but because we can AE long term adds such as g'huun. The opposite is displayed on fetid, which has a much smaller amount of moving but 0 adds. Our actual power is AE, not turreting.

Nothing on the ptr seems to address ST (other than the FS buff which is minor at best), If you're not improving our mobility because we're 'designed' to be low mobility, PLEASE off set that with more st damage.

Another thing that irks me is that in a recent interview they said:
"The team liked giving classes time to shine in Uldir that didn't necessarily involve damage, such as mobile classes in the G'huun fight. They then realized that people just stacked Warlocks for it, and kind of negated the original intent, though Warlocks got to shine!"

It seems they assume high mobility = low dps. That is very much NOT the case. The best performing specs atm are melee which are incredibly adaptive at dps and moving. It seems the only time this concept is being remembered is to hurt casters as BFA so far has been a melee paradise.
11/12/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Dumat
It seems to me that no one at Blizzard know what to do with ele.

Just a while back they said that Elemental was a siege turret type spec. While i have no problem with this, you would think such a spec would shine if allowed to not move and do damage. As we all know however, that is not the case.

Think of all the raids currently out, they all have at least some type of movement (zul probably being the smallest) but none have 0. In the fights that we excel the most are not because we get to stand still, but because we can AE long term adds such as g'huun. The opposite is displayed on fetid, which has a much smaller amount of moving but 0 adds. Our actual power is AE, not turreting.

Nothing on the ptr seems to address ST (other than the FS buff which is minor at best), If you're not improving our mobility because we're 'designed' to be low mobility, PLEASE off set that with more st damage.

Another thing that irks me is that in a recent interview they said:
"The team liked giving classes time to shine in Uldir that didn't necessarily involve damage, such as mobile classes in the G'huun fight. They then realized that people just stacked Warlocks for it, and kind of negated the original intent, though Warlocks got to shine!"

It seems they assume high mobility = low dps. That is very much NOT the case. The best performing specs atm are melee which are incredibly adaptive at dps and moving. It seems the only time this concept is being remembered is to hurt casters as BFA so far has been a melee paradise.

http://worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/uldir/dps/

Which part of the game is DPS excelling at? MOTHER? It is literally locks and druids, with one fight being dominated by BM hunters. I would hardly call the high mobility fights a melee paradise.
ele just need a major buff to lightning bolt, I don't want to watch a 1.8 sec cast hit for 3k anymore.