Alliance war reparations after SoO?

Story Forum
11/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Kinria
- Requested force withdrawl from Ashenvale (Which never happened.)

11/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Aureton
In fact, per the novellas, it seems that the Horde never actually fully honored that agreement anyway, as the Horde base near Blackfathom was still staffed with a skeleton crew of soldiers, and immediately prepared for war once Sylvanas told them to make ready.

Ok, I am tired of this outright lore lie. At worse, Blizzard simply did not want to spend resources creating a "destroyed" version of Zoram'gar Outpost/it was outright retconned by the short story.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/elegy#tab=4

Delaryn was sent south to monitor and shadow the enemy. The Horde had set up a skeleton encampment on the shores near the ruins of Zoram’gar Outpost, out in the open, where they knew the night elves would not venture. The warchief was present, a slender, lithe figure among the bulkier trolls, tauren, and orcs, and Delaryn saw with a stab of disappointment that Saurfang had survived his encounter with Malfurion.

The night elves literally win Warsong Gulch, at least until BfA proper:

Within an hour, the convoy came within sight of the old Horde fortifications at the edge of the territory. A few years ago, Mor’shan Rampart had been the bulwark against the night elves pushing into the Barrens, but it had been abandoned when Garrosh Hellscream had been deposed.
Because Stormwind had not been harmed and had nothing to claim reparations over. And since Varian only cared about Stormwind the night elves, Gilneans, and Theramorians(?) were left to twist in the wind.
The problem is they cannot realistically give the alliance any zones against, as they lost those zones for gameplay balance. This is the result of failed writing, IMO.

If they framed the stories of those zones falling under the horde differently. And possibly altered how the war went outright, this wouldn't have become a problem in the story. It seems that blizzard didn't think ahead when they started the war in Cata, though.
11/14/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Lena
Because Stormwind had not been harmed and had nothing to claim reparations over. And since Varian only cared about Stormwind the night elves, Gilneans, and Theramorians(?) were left to twist in the wind.

So Stormwind nearly burning to the ground thanks to Zul and the Horde rescue part and the countless amount of Stormwind soldier deaths mean nothing?

If we are talking about Cata here, Stormwind lost alot of mean(like Marcus Jonathan) thanks to Horde.
11/14/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Zerde
11/14/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Lena

So Stormwind nearly burning to the ground thanks to Zul and the Horde rescue part and the countless amount of Stormwind soldier deaths mean nothing?

If we are talking about Cata here, Stormwind lost alot of mean(like Marcus Jonathan) thanks to Horde.

Title said SoO so I'm going with Cata.

Reparations are for repairing damage done to other nations. Like Theramore being bombed, Gilnas being plagued and invaded, or Azshara and Ashenvale being plundered. Reparationsare not meant for paying for military casualties.
11/14/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Kalorea
If they didn't get any not why wasn't it called for before the peace was agreed on?

According to Warcrimes we payed some and the price must have been rather heavy cause all the leaders of the Horde were unhappy with the concessions.
The entirety of the 'Garrosh goes evil' saga felt like Blizzard hitting the panic button to me. Cata saw the first major decline in subs the game ever had, and lore-wise, there was a lot of discontent about faction favoritism around the time. Blues were responding to posts about it, devs were writing water cooler blogs.

They looked for a quick fix, and pinned all the zone rebalancing, and shoddily done storylines, and blamed Garrosh: telling us we're gonna raid him!

I think the most telling thing I noticed was, right off the bat in MoP, you had Admiral Rodgers blaming orcs for destroying Southshore. It was the most obvious blame shifting you could imagine. And no, I doubt the writers were smart enough to have Rodgers outright lying as a form of propaganda. The green orc men were who they were telling us were the villains at the time, not the smelly zombie people.

To be honest, I don't think throwing the villain bat at Sylvanas is the issue. The seeds for it have always been there. It's just they went with the wrong story six years ago.
11/14/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Lena
Title said SoO so I'm going with Cata.

Reparations are for repairing damage done to other nations. Like Theramore being bombed, Gilnas being plagued and invaded, or Azshara and Ashenvale being plundered. Reparationsare not meant for paying for military casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_reparations

Nothing anywhere suggest war reparations are not used for military casualties. Also, considering the Blackrock clan joined the damage they did to Stormwind, not to mention attacks on Stormwind's various military bases, are not subject to reparation.
It took both the horde rebels and alliance forces to win against Garrosh. If the Alliance had gone in alone, Garrosh would have had them all impaled on Orgrimmars spikes. So in contribution terms, they were pretty equal.
11/14/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Salandil
It took both the horde rebels and alliance forces to win against Garrosh. If the Alliance had gone in alone, Garrosh would have had them all impaled on Orgrimmars spikes. So in contribution terms, they were pretty equal.

Which is pretty strange, considering they now say that Garrosh had a minority of orcs under his command only, lol.

Garrosh created super orcs.
I think if we are being realistic, which is a joke to try and do in this game, the Alliance could have essentially ended the Horde that day. Maybe not forever, but for a significant amount of time the Horde could have been severely crippled and unable to ever seriously threaten the Alliance if Varian had taken a course of action other than saying "you guys better be nice" and walking away.