When’s the best time to use curse of frag

Warlock
As destro and as affliction? I haven’t used this spell much so I don’t have exp with it but I always feel like I’m using it the wrong way or at the wrong time. Like for destruction do I use it as I’m casting bolts like right after CB cast ends but before it hits the target or should I use it before casting my big dmg?

For affliction would I do it after I have all my dots up?

This is assuming there’s a time curse of frag is viable so it might not be right now but if it were I wanna know how to use it properly & what the worst case scenarios are like if I time it wrong does that cause less pressure or anything?

Pvp question btw
I think the setting helps determine when and how you use this spell. I am a moron who forgets to cast it but hopefully you can do better than me.

Curse Removal: In arena and to a lesser extent bgs/rbgs it is important to check if the enemy has curse removal. So the more druids and shamans, (I think mages too) the less worth you will get out of having it talented.

Uptime Management: If you find yourself in a situation where you are against curse removal you will normally save it for when you are going for a kill or you see an ally going for a kill. This adds an extra global an enemy or his allies need to use in order to get rid of your curse. That or they can ignore it, either way it has its benefits.
If they do not have curse removal you need to use this on cooldown. Having it up as much as possible causes many problems for percent of health based abilities and can lead to slip ups such as multiple defensives being used outside of your teams burst windows and such.

These are my thoughts on how it should be used and I think I covered most everything, but if you have any specific questions please do ask.
Right between the Razzle and the Dazzle.
After a Chaos Bolt cast imo.

Cast CB, in the next gcd use the curse, the chaos bolt you launched will hit with the curse already on him, then cast another CB if you can.

I'm not an expert so don't trust too much in what i'm saying, hopefully a more skilled warlock like Epicburn will answer you.

Edit: he already did rofl.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Also Lol

11/14/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Epícburn
Right between the Razzle and the Dazzle.

either you know who i am or this was just an amazing coincidence
11/14/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Hishamaru

No idea who you are but good stuff.
11/14/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Epícburn
11/14/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Hishamaru

No idea who you are but good stuff.
:)
YATO MY BOY!
11/14/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Epícburn
YATO MY BOY!

Indeed it is I. I said the grandpa thing and you said that razzle dazzle line and crippled me
The better answer is in between spells can be decent but the issue can run with that the global problems. If you can get away with the pre fragility go for it but the main issue is fragility was nerfed and if it has almost no priority as a talent Choice compared to other destruction talents.
11/14/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Epícburn
The better answer is in between spells can be decent but the issue can run with that the global problems. If you can get away with the pre fragility go for it but the main issue is fragility was nerfed and if it has almost no priority as a talent Choice compared to other destruction talents.

Yeah I’m kinda confused on how it works like it’s not doing 10% dmg to the person but it’s making their health 10% lower for a while I think the way it’s worded doesn’t register with my brain.

Like you said though we can’t even afford to take it, I was just thinking about if someone played destro/fire if it would be effective paired with stuff like greater pyro since that does 35%