Why do horde players like to gank Alliance ?

General Discussion
11/14/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Wyomee
Same reasons as Alliance players. Ask that guy who camped my corpse a couple nights ago. Ask those guys who brought a group of 5 to slaughter me while I was at half health from soloing an elite, which was at like 3% when they killed me.

The Horde may have more of those types, but I think this is an aesthetic thing. But just like how I'm generally not aggressive or a ganker, there are Alliance players who are.

I had a group wait for me to get the elite to 10% by myself before they pounced on me to kill me and reset the elite.
11/14/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Skig
11/14/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Shadowfist
It goes both ways. Don't level in warmode. It's as simple as that.

Sure. Alliance does it too, no doubt?

... but with the frequency that Horde players do? Absolutely not. Roughly 10x more likely. I play both factions, and Horde just attracts more of those kind of players.

I play both factions also. I have been killed by Alliance groups way more than I have by Horde. I've been on a PvP server since I started and have warmode on always. Horde don't bother my Alliance toon while I'm out questing. Alliance will get 10+ people to sit on my corpse and make sure I can't quest for a long while.
11/14/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Thèón
11/14/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Wyomee
Same reasons as Alliance players. Ask that guy who camped my corpse a couple nights ago. Ask those guys who brought a group of 5 to slaughter me while I was at half health from soloing an elite, which was at like 3% when they killed me.

The Horde may have more of those types, but I think this is an aesthetic thing. But just like how I'm generally not aggressive or a ganker, there are Alliance players who are.

I had a group wait for me to get the elite to 10% by myself before they pounced on me to kill me and reset the elite.

Yep, like that.
I accept it as part of the War Mode package, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it annoying as hell. Like, come on.
11/14/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Basari
Yes I should turn warmode off shoudint I ? But I need that 10 percent XP boost to level up faster since heirlooms got nerfed massively.. And its not fair horde gets free 10% by forcing Alliance players to turn it off.

Yes, you should turn warmode off. You don't "need" the XP boost at all and if you paused to think you'd realise that getting ganked frequently is completely negating that 10%.

The XP boost isn't a no strings attached gift you know.
They have the best death animations
The Alliance have ganked me and many of my kind. Since the beginning it has been "you red you dead", that just solidified it over time.
I do like seeing all the comments about people bringing back the war to wpvp

Me however, i really can't stand pvp mixed in with my pve. X]
That's like saying why does an alliance paladin solo gank a town and every low level in it then bubble hearths when someone shows up that can kill em.
Same reason Alliance players like to gank Horde players I suppose.
You know why I like to gank Horde? Why I like to snipe lone Horde players while stealthed and kill them with a single shot?

Sweet, sweet, vengeance! And also, you know, the thrill of ambushing a dude and ventilating their head as much as WoW will allow me. *bang!*

Though these days it's coming up on them really fast with a sharp hunk of metal and a robo-wolf because Marksman sucks right now.
11/14/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Sivnea
You know why I like to gank Horde? Why I like to snipe lone Horde players while stealthed and kill them with a single shot?

Sweet, sweet, vengeance! And also, you know, the thrill of ambushing a dude and ventilating their head as much as WoW will allow me. *bang!*

Though these days it's coming up on them really fast with a sharp hunk of metal and a robo-wolf because Marksman sucks right now.

How exactly do you kill them in a single shot? You're 357 ilvl.

Do you gank level 20 Horde lowbies in Hillsbrad Foothill or something? That must be quite a thrill for you I'd imagine.
11/14/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Basari
Whenever I try to level up in legion or BFA Horde players always attack me...

Warmode off.

That is the solution.

Are you having 10 percent more trouble, at least? Then it is not worth the 10 percent xp gain, that is at best negligible.
PvP happened in Warmode

/thread
Play both factions. Can confirm.

Some Horde will gank.
Some Alliance will gank.
Some Horde will leave you alone.
Some Alliance will leave you alone.
Horde try to camp Darkshire lowbies.
Alliance try to camp Tauren Hill lowbies.

The end.
Im alliance and i like to gank horde.
11/14/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Oimate
11/14/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Käyn
Ok on the flip side why do Alliance gank squads form up and 5v1 a lvl 112 while /lol and /spitting on their corpse?

Happens on both sides so dont cry like it only happens to one side.

It happens more often on one side which is his point.

Source?
I only spare the female taurens, the rest deserve to suffer.
11/15/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Eatit
I only spare the female taurens, the rest deserve to suffer.

Sooo true... Specially those undead rogues... They are the worst... Well, they are almost the worst.... Human pallys are the worst...
If you're leveling in warmode you are asking for pvp, what did you think warmode was? If you think horde is so easy then make a horde and level.
I know this was just another alliance qq thread. I've played both sides on pvp realms if you choose to level in warmode take your lumps.
Its like taking a baseball bat to a garden gnome. They shatter and break easy. You Alliance are so fragile.