Forced PVP (Because that is fun right)

General Discussion
So, Blizzard is going to put in rewards that people will want in order to force PVP content down our throat if we like it or not. Sure, participation rates will increase because of the rewards but player enjoyment will not. Most people do not want to waste game time grieving other players in unbalanced world pvp.

Easy way around world pvp is to just change shards. This is what most players will do to avoid confrontations. If they make rewards decent of based off who has lower numbers then they are just giving people unfair advantages and further creating imbalances.

2. Also, Blizzard can not even balance gear. I have a 385 ring off 2nd mythic boss and a 370 of the same ring with a socket that is better. I have several 385 and 390 rings that sim less due to stat allocation. Ya I have been getting rewards for content except they are all garbage rewards that do not fit my stat priority at all due to not having haste on them.

3. Blizzard developers are simply out of touch like they do not even play the game like a player would. RNG is terrible even when it goes your way. You can not target gear you need because everything is a lottery system. Chasing down AP to maintain neck levels is just purely stupid. There is no completion so you do not have to worry about it so you are in a constant state of grinding and anxiety. I want to complete things and feel good about it like I have accomplished a goal.

When you feel your character is completed for the week it allows you to do one of two things. Log out and get RL stuff done and not burn out of the game OR play an alt that you want to advance on. Most players like myself that have RL squared away want to play alts. With the current systems of grind grind grind and never being optimized always chasing better lottery rewards etc... I am never satisfied and therefor never play a alt because I want to be the best I can be for my raid group and progress.

This is something developers need to understand deeply and fix all the mistakes that have been made. People want classic back because of these exact things.
11/15/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Furyeon
So, Blizzard is going to put in rewards that people will want in order to force PVP content down our throat if we like it or not.

Dramatic much? No one is 'forcing you' to do anything. The rewards are OPTIONAL. You do not have to flag yourself, just ignore it and move on.
Something shoved down OP's throat, balancing things, devs out of touch, etc. Yeah, nothing new here. Moving on to the next post.
11/15/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Panoptes
So, Blizzard is going to put in rewards that people will want in order to force PVP content down our throat if we like it or not.

Dramatic much? No one is 'forcing you' to do anything. The rewards are OPTIONAL. You do not have to flag yourself, just ignore it and move on.
yeah
11/15/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Panoptes

I have never taken war mode off. That does not mean I like war mode. War mode is stupid because of sharding.
Another player who doesn't like pvp but can't respect the good things it brings, for those who like to pvp
-Complains that people will be forced to PvP in order to reap certain rewards

-Ignores the fact PvPers are forced to run PvE content in order to remain competitive because RNG for wins is garbage on top of weekly conquest rewards being consistently outshined by Warfront gear for zero effort.
Blizzard has said they have been doing more to ensure balanced shards, you can see their post on MMO Champion about it.

This increased rewards will entice more Alliance players into pvp which will overall balance the warmode population. I don't understand why anyone would be complaining about it. People on the fence will be more likely to jump in, and those who don't care will still not care.

If you want the bonus, roll Alliance.
Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

I never understand the amount of whine in this community.

If you don't want to do PvP, don't do it, simple as that.
11/15/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Ontaga
-Complains that people will be forced to PvP in order to reap certain rewards

-Ignores the fact PvPers are forced to run PvE content in order to remain competitive because RNG for wins is garbage on top of weekly conquest rewards being consistently outshined by Warfront gear for zero effort.

This is the first thing that crossed my mind as soon as I read this, this PvErs don't understand that it's just as painfull for us to PVE. I just made a post about PvP vendors and how much I hate PvEing, so don't worry dude we're in the same spot with PvE.
So let me get this straight. You turn on warmode and are basically complaining that you can't avoid PvP 100% of the time as horde in order to get extra bonuses that may save you at most an extra 6 minutes in an hour if you are lucky to never run into pvp. Ya. Get this fool out of here!

Also this.
Omg PvPers are getting content?!? We cannot have that Blizzard. Remove it and go back to giving them their one reskinned arena every five years.
Did someone say... PvP vendors being added for 8.1???? YES??? Come on blue posts
Just stop already... This "forced PvP" it about as dumb an argument as "forced PvE" is. No one is standing behind you threatening to kick your dog if you turn warmode off. Just like no one is standing behind PvP players pointing a gun at them yelling "you will raid!". It is a decision you make based upon if you feel the rewards are worth the activity.
11/15/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Gnomest
So let me get this straight. You turn on warmode and are basically complaining that you can't avoid PvP 100% of the time as horde in order to get extra bonuses that may save you at most an extra 6 minutes in an hour if you are lucky to never run into pvp. Ya. Get this fool out of here!

I have been dabbling with warmode and have enjoyed it. On Alliance because they are under represented in world pvp. In chat I see this, people ripping on Horde for pvp'ing, pretty hard some times. A few of us chime in to remind people they are in a pvp mode, there are all kinds of achievements not to mention pvp in warmode.

In a nutshell I think you are 100% correct.

Original Poster. Your definition of forced is a lot different than mine.
11/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Caelin
Just stop already... This "forced PvP" it about as dumb an argument as "forced PvE" is. No one is standing behind you threatening to kick your dog if you turn warmode off. Just like no one is standing behind PvP players pointing a gun at them yelling "you will raid!". It is a decision you make based upon if you feel the rewards are worth the activity.

What a hot take.
11/15/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Furyeon
I have never taken war mode off. That does not mean I like war mode. War mode is stupid because of sharding.

War mode isn't stupid because of sharding, war mode is stupid because we always had war mode with PvP servers and if you weren't on a PvP server you could /pvp.

War mode was nothing more than a way for the developers to make the adult children happy who were unable to accept personal responsibility for playing on a PvP server and deciding they didn't like PvP.
I must be missing something. I haven’t pvp’d in months but according to the OP I should have been unwillingly.
11/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Caelin

Wrong. Some BiS for PvP are dropped in raids and/or mythics, so in a way you are forced to do PvE if you want to be somewhat competitive. They need to divide PvP and PvE like it once was, you have PvP GEAR and PvE GEAR not a mix of both because it creates this. On top of the RNG crap it makes it so unfun.
If you want the rewards, you PvP.

You know how many raiding rewards there are that PvPers do to get?