This whole high elf thing wouldnt even be as an issue if...

General Discussion
The writers literally made a tragedy converting most of the existing high elf population into void elves.

Instead the writers decided to make them blood elves that just left the Horde because they weren't allowed to study void.

To make matters even worse you make the other 2 windrunner sisters still high elves... can't even commit to the whole void elf thing.

Also an alternate solution would have simply making them like the worgen/ alleria. Having a void form and if out of combat a high elf form.
I can’t wait to flag the crap out of HE threads. Saving my cooldown or whatever it’s called just for them.
But alliance is getting high elf's? Sense when they not getting them. Then next expansion is all about elf's.
11/15/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Tovi
I can’t wait to flag the crap out of HE threads. Saving my cooldown or whatever it’s called just for them.

Flag for what, triggering you?
11/15/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Oimate

Flag for what, triggering you?

Sure, I’ll go with that.
Personally I hope they kill off the high elfs finally so we can have pure blood vs void elfs.

I also might be more against helfs now because Helfers keep trying to taint void elfs with them. I like my race and it’s frustrating watching them try to remove our aesthetic. We are void abominations smh, having normal elf looks would defeat the point of it.
If you want to play HE, here's what you do.

1. Pick Blood Elf

2. Pick the DK class

3. Profit

Agreed.
I just find it hilarious there are people who try to use "lore" from W3 to justify why there are no Alliance High Elves (I guess the ones in Stormwind are just imaginary???) whereas Void Elves are the biggest nonsensical asspull since the WoD storyline.
11/15/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Nyalmi
Personally I hope they kill off the high elfs finally so we can have pure blood vs void elfs.

I also might be more against helfs now because Helfers keep trying to taint void elfs with them. I like my race and it’s frustrating watching them try to remove our aesthetic. We are void abominations smh, having normal elf looks would defeat the point of it.
Or better yet just convert the current elves in Stormwind to Void elves.
I can’t wait for classic WoW so elves can be restricted to one race on one faction and I can kill Blood Elves in Azshara all day.

Elune be praised!
Lack of choice is the flaw that worgen have. Being forced to fight in worgen form, while in combat, is why nobody plays worgen. If they were able to choose if they wanted to fight in worgen form for this fight, and human form for that fight, then many more people would play them. Skyrim got it right, WoW did not. Even Blizzard's own HotS got it right with Genn. Very few people want to be a beast 100% of the time.

Such is why locking high elves and void elves like that would not solve the problem at all.
Kill them, add them, or change them.

Doing nothing doesnt do anything.
11/15/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Vinetremus
The writers literally made a tragedy converting most of the existing high elf population into void elves.

Instead the writers decided to make them blood elves that just left the Horde because they weren't allowed to study void.

To make matters even worse you make the other 2 windrunner sisters still high elves... can't even commit to the whole void elf thing.

Also an alternate solution would have simply making them like the worgen/ alleria. Having a void form and if out of combat a high elf form.

Pretty much. Heck I've said as much. If the void elf origin HAD been 'the silver covenant/Alliance High elf forces were attacked by void ethereals and transformed into their current void states' I for one wouldn't have had a problem with them (and I've seen other posters say as much).

When they first announced void elves I know a lot of us assumed that's the origin they *were* going with to put the nail into the 'blood and high elves are identical' coffin but still give Alliance their faction of always-loyal high elves.

But they deliberately made them be a previously unknown small band of blood elves exiled for studying the void, and they continue to wave normal high elf npcs in the faces of players. Either start replacing high elf npcs with void elves if that's the route you're 100% committed to, or at least stop adding new high elf npcs.

Sure, you'd still have players who want the silver covenant/dalaran/ect high elves playable (and high elf paladins in particular), but if void elves had BEEN the silver covenant their loyalty to the Alliance would make sense...rather than Umbric's hamfisted "oh we were never loyal to the Horde." >_>

This is probably what they should have done... or at least implemented alternate skin/hair colors like DKs do.

Note to self, never RP with you.
11/15/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Melithiria

This is probably what they should have done... or at least implemented alternate skin/hair colors like DKs do.

Note to self, never RP with you.

If you are going to judge me over how I feel on forums about topics rather than actually knowing me ingame I don’t want to rp with you either.

Not to mention we likely never would rp anyways since I barely do it anymore due to a busy college life.
11/15/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Jawah
Lack of choice is the flaw that worgen have. Being forced to fight in worgen form, while in combat, is why nobody plays worgen. If they were able to choose if they wanted to fight in worgen form for this fight, and human form for that fight, then many more people would play them. Skyrim got it right, WoW did not. Even Blizzard's own HotS got it right with Genn. Very few people want to be a beast 100% of the time.

Such is why locking high elves and void elves like that would not solve the problem at all.

It's like your posts just have this thick air of redundancy....
For a group that's supposed to be on the verge of extinction I stumble across a lot of High Elf NPCs all over the place, from Classic zones through Wrath into BfA. You'd think if they were that bad off they'd congregate in a single area (Dalaran maybe?) and get to repopulating.
11/15/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Eleroleron
11/15/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Jawah

It's like your posts just have this thick air of redundancy....
I'll repeat the same hard truths over and over before I revert to an easy lie. You may disagree, but that's our character difference. As well why you don't like me.

Flagging threads for no reason will get you banned Tovi. It happens on the Overwatch forums.