Why dont people get how IEs work?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
10/06/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Yvette
10/06/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Iskandi
I get pugs that just run through killing all the big elementals to fill up the bar fast. You get nothing that way.

But what if all I want is to be done as fast as possible because I don't like the content at all but the rep and AP is too good to pass up?

You are playing it wrong i am guessing.

The islands are just bad design all around, Its clear they had some ideas for it. But its probably the worst thing i have done in a MMO in many years.
It probably could have been better if it was not tied into the rush to end, and the azarite farm.
Had the mount drop at the end for a guy in my group, and i got 3 pets out of doing IEs tonight. Plus some people got some cool mog weapons, this is what happens when you run IEs properly. I get pugs that just run through killing all the big elementals to fill up the bar fast. You get nothing that way.

Kill the invasion mobs kill the mogu and mantid and pirates, slow down and wait for them to pop. Thats how you get the rewards, if you rush through you get nada but azerite. Form a group to farm them right and you will get stuff.
why can't anyone say island expeditions because ie is internet explorer
10/07/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Ahhsatan
Had the mount drop at the end for a guy in my group, and i got 3 pets out of doing IEs tonight. Plus some people got some cool mog weapons, this is what happens when you run IEs properly. I get pugs that just run through killing all the big elementals to fill up the bar fast. You get nothing that way.

Kill the invasion mobs kill the mogu and mantid and pirates, slow down and wait for them to pop. Thats how you get the rewards, if you rush through you get nada but azerite. Form a group to farm them right and you will get stuff.
why can't anyone say island expeditions because ie is internet explorer

To be fair, they equally suck.
10/06/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Solarwynds
10/06/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Tyriellais
Because Blizzard doesn’t explain anything and expects people to read 5000 third party guides to learn how they work?
This was published in April: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojQnSMkq-k

People who need more hand holding than this explain why so many people are complaining.

video says get azerite. nothing about loot from mobs or the special loot
Can you still get mounts and pets if you loose the expedition?
Am I old if I thought OP was referring to Internet Explorer?
You know what I find weird?

There are a lot of people in this thread talking about how they can't find any people to farm with, and pugs won't listen, etc.

But I never see anyone actually make an IE group with these instructions in the group finder! I tried once and no one joined mine :(

I still have 24 pets to collect and all of the transmog and mounts. People, please start using the group finder to find specialized groups :D
10/07/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Shuei
Can you still get mounts and pets if you loose the expedition?

yeah winning or losing doesnt really matter unless you want the winning X isle achievement.. it's about exploring and killing it's sad that they end quick than they should.. specially with the many many items behind rng events..
Remember years ago Blizzard said you shouldn't have to go to third party sites to find how things werk in game.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
10/07/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Ramsay
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

How does it always make me lol.....
1) I find that if I don't maximize the speed I kill things that the horde just reach their goal before I do, and I get nothing.
2) I just don't like them, they aren't interesting and feel very same'ey and hella grindy.
3) The most interesting thing I have seen was a mini event where everything is set on fire, and we can kill a few elite fire elementals to enter a fire realm of some sort. That is THE most interesting thing I've seen.
4) I had no idea that you get special loot from named elites at first, but even when I learned it from a pug group, I can't be bothered to care much because of point #1.
I have gotten so much stuff over the past few days, it's insane.

IEs are actually decently exciting now.
Because it’s a horrible system they didn’t think through. They are extremely boring and literally everyone im in is trash farming face roll
Even with everyone on the same page on only killing rares/certain mobs, the drop rates are still very bad and you can have a bad rng streak and go dozens of runs without seeing anything other than dubloons.
This would have been nice to know WEEKS AGO
Ok I am sorry, but this is F'ing stupid. Had literally no clue that Island Expeditions operated in this fashion. Of course, if we were near some of the "invading" forces we would go for them but the typical route consisted of finding Azerite, killing some bosses/elites, and killing the Azerite elemental spawn. The invading mogu/Trolls were usually an after thought.

Things like this should be made clear for the collectors who actually will do this mind numbing content.

10/06/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Tyriellais
Because Blizzard doesn’t explain anything and expects people to read 5000 third party guides to learn how they work?

But OP, ty for posting this. I didnt read much on IEs after the initial week of BFA or early information so had no clue and thought mounts/toys were completely random.
I just wanna get in there get it done and finish the weekly as fast as possible honestly....
They should just add a vendor who sells all the rewards for Doubloons. Make them cost an obscene amount (like 500 Doubloons for a mount -- that's a LOT of Doubloons) but let people obtain them outside of the RNG element.

It will also allow people who are doing them for Azerite - which is what Blizzard kept SAYING they were primarily for - to get the rewards. After a period of time.
10/07/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Tewa
They should just add a vendor who sells all the rewards for Doubloons. Make them cost an obscene amount (like 500 Doubloons for a mount -- that's a LOT of Doubloons) but let people obtain them outside of the RNG element.

It will also allow people who are doing them for Azerite - which is what Blizzard kept SAYING they were primarily for - to get the rewards. After a period of time.

That really isn't that many dubloons but I agree there should be a better use for dubloons.
Because Blizzard never bothered to explain how they worked and the way they actual work is incredibly counter-intuitive.

Plus they just aren't fun so most people just want them done as fast as possible, if they even do them in the first place.

Bad poorly explained content is bad and poorly explained.