Take Note, Blizzard.

Story Forum
I have yet to meet a single person who enjoys your Darkshore storyline. Literally no one wants Forsaken Night Elves. No one thinks that it's realistic for Night Elves to join the side of their murderers. This is equivalent to Sylvanas joining forces with Arthas.

Take note that people do not want this lazy, nonsensical storyline. Adjust accordingly.
If only Blizzard actually checked anything other than the GD.
Correction, there is one person on these forums I've seen who think that Forsaken Kaldorei are a great advantage to Forsaken society for... some reason. I won't name names, but she thinks that a "gangsta backstory" is all it takes to be a racial leader.
I mean I’m fine with it. Sorry to ruin the point but I think this is going places.

So... some players don’t like it?
10/08/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Yersynia
So... some players don’t like it?
MOST players don't like it, not some. Reddit, Wowhead, YouTube, Trade Chat, the forums... the reaction to this story is overwhelmingly negative on multiple different platforms.

10/08/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Yersynia
Sorry to ruin the point but I think this is going places
It's going places at the expense of the previously established lore, all in favor of "isn't this cool?" styles of writing.
Not to rain on your parade, but this is technically confirmation bias. Judging the totality of public opinion based on the forums is like judging the overall health of the public by only looking at hospital ERs.

Happy people don't tend to post much on the forums, just like healthy people don't tend to congregate in hospitals.
10/08/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Cannibal

There were in here pretty quick to delete a thread yesterday.
even with that in mind there is a huge number of people who doesn't care at all about the story so of course they will be fine with them

most of them never post on the forums in any way.
10/08/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Akiyass
I have yet to meet a single person who enjoys your Darkshore storyline. Literally no one wants Forsaken Night Elves.
/wave
10/08/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Éamon
Not to rain on your parade, but this is technically confirmation bias. Judging the totality of public opinion based on the forums is like judging the overall health of the public by only looking at hospital ERs.

Happy people don't tend to post much on the forums, just like healthy people don't tend to congregate in hospitals.
I'm not judging it solely based on the forums. There are several other platforms for sharing opinions, and there's yet to be any majority of approval for it - hell, ingame all I see is disapproval for it.

10/08/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Kelrexia
10/08/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Cannibal

Oh, that's what happened to the Danuser thread.
10/08/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Grandblade
Correction, there is one person on these forums I've seen who think that Forsaken Kaldorei are a great advantage to Forsaken society for... some reason.

Suppose you have more now huh?
That's the forum moderation team. Their job is to issue temporary or permanent forum bans, remove links off-site to controversial subject material, lock necro'd threads and "mediate" the forums.

They can't even do that properly.
Lol you sound as pissed at blizz as the Night elf npcs are pissed at Anduin.
10/08/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
10/08/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Grandblade
Correction, there is one person on these forums I've seen who think that Forsaken Kaldorei are a great advantage to Forsaken society for... some reason.

Suppose you have more now huh?
They all look very similar to you for some reason.
I think the idea is terribly implemented and is going to create a lot of strain on both Forsaken and Night Elf narratives.

That said, I think, if they were done differently, Forsaken Night Elves could be interesting as a concept. Have a super high defection rate, which would make sense, but then allow it to explore new avenues for both races. How would Night Elves react to Forsaken NEs who are still loyal to them. How would Forsaken incorporate a culture and people that have little in common with them?

There’s plenty of interest that a good writing team could do with such an idea... but this is not one.

I mean, imagine if the Night Warrior ritual actually caused all the undead Night Elves to rise up, and the scenario were both sides desperately trying to deal with the fall out.
10/08/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Korzuk
Have a super high defection rate
This change alone would make me happy.
I dunno, the Darkshore questing seems like it might be interesting. I'm withholding judgement until I see if it builds to anything more than just Kaldorei Dark Rangers as a warfront army type.

But gonna be honest with you, I think the story forums are probably giving this one development far more attention that it will end up deserving.
Pretty sure they've banned anyone who is not a suck up from being able to be seen, with how BfA already went so far (more complaints then not), i doubt they have many people they can see.
That thread was just getting good, too. =[