LFR Ghuun too hard for pugs?

General Discussion
Yesterday decided to run an alt thru the Ghuun wing of LFR. When I joined the group already had 5 stacks of determination (not exaggerating, it was at 5 stacks lol). The group leader ready checks it and pulls, we wipe. We're at 6 stacks of determination.

Next pull we get to phase 2, but wipe and the entire room floor ends up covered in that grey goo stuff, multiple DPS were dead as well. At this point one of the tanks suddenly rage-quits and we're standing there waiting for a new one. I decided to leave it was obvious this group was gonna struggle.

I log over to a different alt and queue up for LFR Ghuun wing. We do a pull, wipe - no one did the orbs AT ALL. Do another pull, there's people doing the orbs but it's taking *forever*... we end up wiping due to too much damage from the tentacle eye mobs/healers fell behind. At that point I decided to bail and go do something else for the night.

They're gonna have to nerf LFR Ghuun or something, it seems to be a rough fight with uncoordinated/unskilled LFR pugs.
((Laughs in Lei Shen))
I think it's mainly alot of people is not familiar with the orb mechanic and the dungeon journal doesn't really explain. So unless there is someone familiar with it, alot of LFR Ghuun will failed for a while unless someone wants to take charge and explain/organize it.

I did LFR Ghuun last night and it was done with 2 stacks of determination and we had a resto shaman and shadow priest that did all 6 runs of the orb running.
I did it first try in my group last night, not that I had much to do with it, we got lucky and had people who had done it in another difficulty already. it'll get better, once people are more familiar.
Yea I saw this coming. But, I question up for it on an alt. Mythrax was a faceroll somehow with a ton a melee, didn’t see one orb spawn in melee, and on the first add phase one of the tanks stacked them. Ghuun took two pills, that was only cause the fight started early while waiting for a tank and we still almost made it to p3. If someone is there to explain it, it is easy. After a couple weeks it should become much easier.
10/10/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Gdtroll
Yesterday decided to run an alt thru the Ghuun wing of LFR. When I joined the group already had 5 stacks of determination (not exaggerating, it was at 5 stacks lol). The group leader ready checks it and pulls, we wipe. We're at 6 stacks of determination.

Next pull we get to phase 2, but wipe and the entire room floor ends up covered in that grey goo stuff, multiple DPS were dead as well. At this point one of the tanks suddenly rage-quits and we're standing there waiting for a new one. I decided to leave it was obvious this group was gonna struggle.

I log over to a different alt and queue up for LFR Ghuun wing. We do a pull, wipe - no one did the orbs AT ALL. Do another pull, there's people doing the orbs but it's taking *forever*... we end up wiping due to too much damage from the tentacle eye mobs/healers fell behind. At that point I decided to bail and go do something else for the night.

They're gonna have to nerf LFR Ghuun or something, it seems to be a rough fight with uncoordinated/unskilled LFR pugs.

On one alt we 1-shot it no problem.
On the next alt we stacked determination to 8.

it's a crap shoot in LFR.
the problem is the orbs.. players going into LFR do not expect this kind of things to be part of a boss fight..

I really wasnt expecting the dev's to keep the slow part on the orbs but yeah this is the general struggle with groups, most of the groups I was in this week so far left after their 3rd wipe.. like 20+ people left by saying "the loot isnt worth this repair bills" they are right tho..

I am giving it a few days, got macro ready to explain fights for anyone that dont know it. Like wing 2 will take a run or two then it will be relatively easy. Probably wont try until the weekend.
10/10/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Xyona
"the loot isnt worth this repair bills" they are right tho..

im suffering the tragedy tha tis LFR only for the transmog T.T
LFR Ghuun is super easy, the debuff is like 5s, you only need 2 or 3 people for orbs. If people ignore mechanics of course if will be hard.
10/10/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Lewwis
LFR Ghuun is super easy, the debuff is like 5s, you only need 2 or 3 people for orbs. If people ignore mechanics of course if will be hard.
Too bad the dungeon journal does a terrible job of explaining the orb mechanic to casuals/PUGs. I think the orb mechanic thing is more of a "must watch a Youtube video or two" in order to properly understand it.
10/10/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Lewwis

If you can get a havoc DH to cooperate, they can go vengeance and solo run orbs in LFR no problem. Team them up with and Aff lock who can perma dot the cysts and GG.
10/10/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Menacet
((Laughs in Lei Shen))

and Garrosh
and Garalon
and Durumu
Personally I am shocked they included the orbs in the fight at all. They removed zekvoz adds which do nothing but make people run orbs in LFR lol.
Most people don't know the red circle cleans the debuff. But the way a lot ignored the adds wasn't good.

However, the amount of (regular?) raiders that were in there complaining about people not knowing fights was pretty funny. Almost like they thought that everyone in LFR had done it before, somehow
did lfr for first time today just to do the glaive quest so i could see the story and what a mistake that was. My solution removal of LFR there is no need for tourist raid mode anymore as a gearing option It dosnt teach anything. People are too brain dead to learn fights ahead of time like raiders do so why should they get to raid.
10/10/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Kattrika
did lfr for first time today just to do the glaive quest so i could see the story and what a mistake that was. My solution removal of LFR there is no need for tourist raid mode anymore as a gearing option It dosnt teach anything. People are too brain dead to learn fights ahead of time like raiders do so why should they get to raid.

How about they remove solo quests and make every quest require groups... make all mobs in the game mythic quality too!

That'll get rid of all of the scrubs that suck!
"Too hard"

Anything is too hard for the mindless. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxG4yd8U3U

Hamster: A goddam hamster
Bart: LFR raiders

even in lfr you have to communicate.... which rarely happens
I don't think it's too hard for LFR, but perhaps the required item level may be too low. At 320, many specs have less than 100k HP.