Anyone else not excited for 8.1 at all?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I look forward to more prot warrior nerfs.
10/15/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Joeycarter
10/15/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Healyelflol
It looks bad. like worse than 8.0

no interest in playing it whatsoever

Ya, Night Elves continue to get kicked in the mud. Alliance gets a hallow victory, if you can even call it that, while horde are left better off... even beating 2 of our main leaders that have been in game forever to near death. The continued middle finger to Alliance. But look! A bee mount! Oooooo! Never have I felt so disrespected purely for playing a faction. Better see something by mid November... Extinction is coming and Fallout 76. If there is zero reason to play mg faction still, I will prolly be on a ton less.

If there ever becomes zero reason to play my faction, I wont be playing a ton less, I wont be playing at all.
No, sadly I'm not excited or even really interested in 8.1. Except for the story line information. I'm not seeing any changes coming in 8.1 from what we have currently and for me BfA has very little game play depth.
10/15/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Douglas
Naw. They're also increasing the cap for rewards from world quests and emissaries, and adding the paragon system in. Also, WQ rewards seem to start including stuff like expulsom? I haven't re-checked the very latest build.

If you were able to progress in 8.0 without raids, then you will be able to progress farther in 8.1 without raids.
So increasing a rep cap on WQs that I am ALREADY tired of and bored with, does absolutely nothing for me. Also, as an enchanter/gatherer, Expulsom also does nothing for me.
dungeon game is feeling pretty slick so far, exciting!
Depends on class changes.
Not really going to be excited for any content patch unless blizz randomly decides to revert all their bad class design decisions since WoD in it.
10/15/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Sefferon
8.0 has been a total disaster, I can't imagine 8.1 can lower the bar anymore. I expect a buggy rushed mess of an experience with lots of forum complaining that gets ignored.

Blizzard is good at surprising you with how low they can go with that bar.
TBH 8.1 has a lot they need to address.

PvP NEEDS serious help. Melee training ranged is out of control. There is literally ZERO advantage to being ranged anymore. Melee are on you in seconds and you (barrign a few exceptions) will be in their melee range 99% of a fight.

stuns, interrupts, and out of sight during spell cast on top of lacking much defenses to survive these train sessions

The Azerite Armor issue is beign looked ta and hopefulyl fixes that issue, but again theres issue of traits being so good that its betetr to use a lwoer ilvl item just casue of the trait beign so important.

Horde's traitor story is another problem. They say BFA wont be a garrosh 2.0, yet they are making an entire faction have to betray their own leader. (some are for or against it but thats not point)

all in all there is a ton of thigns 8.1 needs to do and they dotn have a lot of time :/
10/15/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Lockedheart
The Azerite Armor issue is beign looked ta and hopefulyl fixes that issue, but again theres issue of traits being so good that its betetr to use a lwoer ilvl item just casue of the trait beign so important.

Horde's traitor story is another problem. They say BFA wont be a garrosh 2.0, yet they are making an entire faction have to betray their own leader. (some are for or against it but thats not point)

all in all there is a ton of thigns 8.1 needs to do and they dotn have a lot of time :/

This is off topic but I make the exact same typos when I'm trying to type something quickyl

oh no that was a mistake I'm leaving it though
8.1 might fix some of the garbage that bfa is so far.
10/15/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Thanen
a new afkfront,invasions(legion 2.0) and raids that most wont do.....no.

There are bring back invasions?

LOL.

Nothing like fresh new ideas.
I was super hyped for 8.1 like.. I couldnt wait. You see I came back to wow because of the burning of Teldrassil. I was like.. hell no that can't stand.. VENGEANCE! I mean we could of had vengeance at Lordaeron but that was a big old NOPE, BUT here it is Tides of Vengeance!! super power Tyrande?? Night Warrior?? (ok cheesey name but holy crap!!) going back to wreck some forsaken face for once!?!?!

And.. AND!!!................ it's garbage, army of the night.. all instant join the forsaken as the horde bowls em over so impressive.. wow.. Tyrande pulls it off.. wow.. she's super lame.. wow Nathanos ressurects Daelyn and Sira while fending off the Alliance player Tyrande and Malfurion this guy is literally horde jesus... wow they instant turn on the Night Elves to join the forsaken............................. we kill a pointless Valkyr....

why am I playing this game again?
Nahhh boring , same Legion

Where is the great craft system ???

buried by blizzard !!
This is a perfect time to take a break folks !! let see what Blizz offer on 8.2
10/15/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Rastlin
10/15/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Revlol

You could always get passed the 2nd boss of uldir on heroic.

Sure, either by:

1) Joining a raiding guild and working like a second job 4+ hours a night 3-4 times a week.

2) Joining a PUG that requires some crazy combination of ilevel, raiderio and achievements.

More and more people have decided that either of those choices, for gear that will be vendor trash on bosses that are tedious and overtuned is just not fun.

...none of the bosses are in any shape of overtuned right now though?

No. More people expect to hit 395 by just doing wq's and having everything handed to them which is largely blizz's fault for debacles like the warfront release and making "end" game more and more brain dead outside of mythic.
Still waiting on class changes.
Just you. Looking like the best raid we've seen in quite some time on top of a better version of legion invasions, as well as FINALLY getting Zandalari a little later into it. Can't wait.
Nothing about 8.1 excites me. I don't give a hoot about the Horde Vs Alliance story. I hate how classes have been gutted down to nothing. I hate they way Blizzard have removed stuff like Glyphs, many enchants, gem slots, reforging and then moved that customization behind RNG and mindless grinding. Even the old reliable alt levelling I'd do when burnt out on current content, is now tedious and unfun. I ended up unsubbing and uninstalling last night. Maybe things will improve around Patch 8.2 or 8.3 when they have had time to make some serious changes but at this moment it feels like a rushed product that's rehashing the worst parts of Legion and that Blizzard are running too far behind schedule to make meaningful changes while keeping up with planned patch content.

The current procuct looks like a studio that cut half it's workforce then asked the remaining staff to do twice as much in half the time.
10/15/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Sorelai

Aside from a couple of quest lines, it doesn't seem to be adding any open world content.
Incursions don't count? They're new content in the open world.

Personally, I expect to spend more time on my alts once they're in place, exactly as was the case with invasions.

So with invasions, you had a lot more to do. You completed at least four points of interest world quests. Then you had additional quests to do things, gather information, etc... Finally you joined a scenario and destroyed an enemy ship fiying above.

In Incursions (the ones that I did on the PTR), you do four small world quests in an area of the map. Once that is done, you jump on a gryphon, fly up to the enemy ship, and blow it up. Entire thing takes 15 minutes. You're done. I don't know what the experience is like. But there is so little involvement in the incursion that it can't be much. Whatever five quests gets you.

Experience is why many people like Invasions. They could level their alts. Maybe there will be multiple incursions at a time since they don't seem to disrupt the entire zone. Maybe there will be additional quests added. I don't know. I deleted the PTR for now.

Naw. They're also increasing the cap for rewards from world quests and emissaries, and adding the paragon system in. Also, WQ rewards seem to start including stuff like expulsom? I haven't re-checked the very latest build.

If you were able to progress in 8.0 without raids, then you will be able to progress farther in 8.1 without raids.

All fine and good. Yeah, the repetitive stuff will be there and can be run ad nauseam. I doubt the Paragon rep rewards will be exciting. Too many people complained about it in Legion for it to be worthwhile. However, where is the new area and a long drawn out campaign with quest storylines and places to explore? I guess I'll get to run the warfront a couple of times and look for mounts and battle pets.

Oh well. At least there are other games to fill my time with.