Blacklisting through sharding

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
This is some delicious drama. I can't remember the last time I was this glad I clicked on a WRA thread.
I rate this a 4/10 on the Wyrmrest Forum Drama Scale™.
As someone who thoroughly enjoys the fun and lively atmosphere the folks in the Boralus RP community bring by hosting the taverns and such, I have to say it.

Please, stop. Enough.

Dude, you're causing way too much drama. All because someone did not want to invite you to their group.

It's not blacklisting through sharding if nobody else in the group invites you.
I can spell it out for you.

They don't want to rp with you.

Your character did some pickpocketing. Something for which my character pulled yours out by the ear and dragged you outside for. And it was this repeated behavior that got you ICly kicked out of the bar. But how it happened, when it happened and who it happened with is completely irrelevant now due to your unnecessary drama. You blurred the lines and took an IC action into OOC. When it was made clear that your presence was no longer appreciated, you whined some more.

Then you tried to talk !@#$ and stop others from rping there.

How is it that nobody, not one other soul, stood up for you during all this? Not even here. In this thread. Which you started. Is everyone else wrong and you are right? Or are they right to not want to have anything to do with you given your inability to keep all this OOC nonsense off and out of the game?

This thread is pretty much the equivalent of mommy said I couldn't eat the candy so I'm gonna cry and ask dad.

And for you to slander people that make the effort to get the community going and do something in these trying times for RP ( Damn you sharding )...

Don't. Even.

Just accept your losses. Learn from your mistakes and try to do better next time. Or better yet, learn how to keep IC and OOC separate. People that act like this are what makes running events, guilds or any kind of organization tedious. By adding stress to an already stressful environment.

You've earned every little bit of this and then some. Have some dignity and stop acting like this. Because -- yes. You are the one who keeps bringing this up. Everyone else is busy rping while you're over here trying to soil the name and reputation of folk for no reason other than spite and salt.
Damn. I wasn't even the one getting told and I almost apologized by pure reflex.
There is such a thing as role playing such an obnoxious character that the only reasonable reaction from other characters is to not want anything to do with them.

Kind of like how no one really puts up with Scarlet Crusader role play except...other Scarlet Crusaders.
10/17/2018 12:59 AMPosted by Azhaar
Damn. I wasn't even the one getting told and I almost apologized by pure reflex.

I feel like there is a Canadian joke here somewhere, but after reading the post above yours, I don't blame you.
10/17/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Rykadiel

Seriously. We're used to the filet mignon of drama. This is like some middling fast food drama. Wendy's drama.
I'm sworn to never bear an insult against Wendy's because they're the only fast food restaurant I've been to that has pretzel buns.
10/17/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Shantarin
There is such a thing as role playing such an obnoxious character that the only reasonable reaction from other characters is to not want anything to do with them.

Kind of like how no one really puts up with Scarlet Crusader role play except...other Scarlet Crusaders.

I do wonder what they expected characters to think IC tbh.

"Hey its that chick who tried to pickpocket me the other day. Damn I want to be her friend."
I'm with Ursuola. If you gotta eat fast food, Wendy's is the way to go.
"I got thrown out of a bar in Boralus City..."

This pales in comparison to when the entire front page of our forums were filled with threads bashing me.

Those were the days.
10/17/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Torkus

This pales in comparison to when the entire front page of our forums were filled with threads bashing me.

Those were the days.

If you're feeling nostalgic, I can make a new 'Which Monster Girl is Torku's Waifu' thread?
10/16/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Borgg
Humans.
OP, you had the right idea. (Kinda) Got kicked out of the rp? Make your own! With blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the blackjack!

Also maybe don't host it on the same night as that other event. Or do. No one has exclusive rights to days of the week. Just, um, try not to deliberately snipe players from other groups. That's kinda a *%*!#!#* move.
This thread is like Gladitorial combat except one of the Gladiators is an actual clown.
This thread gives me the willies, frankly. There's something unsettling about OP's behavior that suggests an overreliance on RP and an inability to separate IC from OOC that would warn me off ever RPing with her.

I've had interactions before with people who truly were obsessive, and who felt that slights against their character were slights against them. One went so far as to get my email by lying to a sysadmin about our relationship, then began emailing me. It started with apologies, but when I pointed out their stalkery behavior, they exploded into rage-filled rants, death threats, "I found your email, I can find where you live", tracking me down on other social media platforms...

So, trust me when I say an inability to let things go is the WORST red flag. You do not come across as a champion of justice, just a creepy obsessive person who's taking everything far too personally.

The best way to handle things is to laugh a little publically, send a quick whisper to the host OOC that says something like, "((LOL... poor Evi, she just doesn't know how to handle these things without being all rogue-y! Thanks for the RP. If I get another character to Boralus, one who isn't a career criminal, I'll drop you a line!))" then go on with your life. Find other RP. Let your reputation get around so the host can see your behavior has been exemplary in other settings, and maybe your character will get another chance.

But, love of little green apples, no one in their right mind would want to RP with you after this display.

Get an alt or rename this character. Or hope that people you RP with don't come to the boards. That's the best advice I can give on how to fix things now.
10/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Phellius
If you're feeling nostalgic, I can make a new 'Which Monster Girl is Torku's Waifu' thread?

We all already know the answer, though.
10/17/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Torkus
10/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Phellius

We all already know the answer, though.

Not all of us.