LFR is Bad

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
10/17/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Fructus
It's honestly annoying when you have people make the same argument of "oh this is for the casual, working players who can't grind 24/7, so it's needed", or something along the lines of that.

WoW has always been a game of grinding; the only reason for LFR and catct-up mechanics is to encourage quitters to re-sub and to make the game more friendly to a casual player base. I have no problem with people playing the game casually; you do you, and prioritize whatever you want. However, I don't feel as though a person who spends half the time as someone else grinding, and someone doing LFR compared to a Mythic raider, should be able to get the same power growth.

Raids are the pinnacle of end-game content in WoW, which have been diminished and trivialized by the LFR system. Raids don't feel special when you receive top-end rewards from mind-numbing fights.

My solution is to limit the LFR player experience. LFR players shouldn't get in-game cinematics during the raids. If titanforge/warforging is here to stay then it should be more so limited and not work on LFR gear.

Every single time people come out with the same argument saying that they deserve to catch up to the top players just because they can't play the game as much; to me that's the same as saying every person who is Bronze in a ranked game should be pushed to Diamond at the end of a season just because they didn't have time to practice.

Obviously people have other responsibilities, but they get to reap the rewards/results of that invested time in what they are doing, just as people playing the game get their rewards for their efforts. It is honestly just a crybaby response to use. People need to stop feeling so entitled.

youtube

twitch

or hell, even private servers
youtube

twitch

Those are free.

Soo...if all those people did do as you ask...they dont have to buy the game..buy the expac..pay subs...remind me...where was it again the money to pay for raids comes from?
10/17/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Keltara
10/17/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Waidmann
Mythic is just old school heroic matter of fact Heroic is old normal .

Current normal was called Flex during SoO . So and at the time it was queable.
Yes, but flex didn't have different Ilvls-- if I remember correctly.

I do believe it's ilvl was somewhere betwwen lfr and normal at that time.
10/17/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Mmo

youtube

twitch

or hell, even private servers

If they were going to do that why would they bother to subscribe to the game?
10/17/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Aehl
LFR does fine and you havent answered one question.

If they never get to see it...why should they pay for it? You are assuming that they WANT to go to "higher raiding" in the first place.

So again: why should their money be used to pay for you?

I'm not sure you're quoting the right person or you've completely misunderstood what was being discussed. Either way, I have absolutely no problem with LFR beyond the people I'm expected to deal with. My suggestion was one to change it in a way that would benefit us all and hopefully quiet down the "elitists", "tryhards" or whatever you want to call them who demand its complete removal.
it's almost like it has it's own gearing progress or something hmmmm... LOL!
10/17/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Whatwhywho
Anyone who supports LFR is nothing more than a commie pig who think everyone should be treated equally. If you need LFR, you're bad, get over it.

Lol have you ever been outside the states? 15 years in core seen a whole lot of things. the stuff you hear from news and politician are factually wrong most time. Go live a little before making such statements.

Raids are the pinnacle of end-game content in WoW, which have been diminished and trivialized by the LFR system. Raids don't feel special when you receive top-end rewards from mind-numbing fights.

My solution is to limit the LFR player experience. LFR players shouldn't get in-game cinematics during the raids. If titanforge/warforging is here to stay then it should be more so limited and not work on LFR gear.

Every single time people come out with the same argument saying that they deserve to catch up to the top players just because they can't play the game as much; to me that's the same as saying every person who is Bronze in a ranked game should be pushed to Diamond at the end of a season just because they didn't have time to practice.

Obviously people have other responsibilities, but they get to reap the rewards/results of that invested time in what they are doing, just as people playing the game get their rewards for their efforts. It is honestly just a crybaby response to use. People need to stop feeling so entitled.

Lfr gear lv is 340. Nowhere even close to heroic or mythic raid gear levels. Why are you arguing about it catching up too close to hardcore raiding?
It's honestly annoying when you have people make the same argument of "oh this is for the casual, working players who can't grind 24/7, so it's needed", or something along the lines of that.

WoW has always been a game of grinding; the only reason for LFR and catct-up mechanics is to encourage quitters to re-sub and to make the game more friendly to a casual player base. I have no problem with people playing the game casually; you do you, and prioritize whatever you want. However, I don't feel as though a person who spends half the time as someone else grinding, and someone doing LFR compared to a Mythic raider, should be able to get the same power growth.

The sheer irony in your post man LMFAO!
10/17/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Ermath
I'm not sure you're quoting the right person or you've completely misunderstood what was being discussed. Either way, I have absolutely no problem with LFR beyond the people I'm expected to deal with. My suggestion was one to change it in a way that would benefit us all and hopefully quiet down the "elitists", "tryhards" or whatever you want to call them who demand its complete removal.

Seems easier just to ignore them
Don't do it?

"LFR BAD REMOVE IT"

Really? so you think blizzard will cut 70% of their subs just because you don't like something?

You know you have the option to ignore it and move on to whatever difficulty you feel like doing.

/yawn
10/17/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Ganymede

Lfr gear lv is 340. Nowhere even close to heroic or mythic raid gear levels. Why are you arguing about it catching up too close to hardcore raiding?
They must be talking about 8.1 its been shown ivl 370 loot is droping for the new raid which is not a big deal at all it's very silly.

Top end rewards? In LFR? Wat? Dude I had better gear from WQs before LFR even opened. I'm STILL getting better rewards from WQs

I'm pretty sure my WQs gear is not considered "top end" and better gear drops from world bosses that are easier than anything in LFR.

10/17/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Fructus
LFR players should not get the same rewards/experience as Heroic/Mythic.

I 100% agree. Heroic and mythic raid groups should stop letting people like you pay gold or money for carries so that you can't get the same "Raid Tourist" experience in those difficulties.
Should be 2 modes only. One you can q for, the other you can't. 10 level difference in gear.

do you even play ? titanforging is very much limited in LFR and people doing lfr don't get the same power growth as mythic raiders. I bet you live in Canada and have been partaking of the results of the new laws there today.
Here we go again, same thread every two weeks..

I wouldnt have attempted NM if there was no LFR, im a casual, and i hate the thought of letting people down, so wouldnt have even attempted nm. I suspect there are others like me, using LFR to get a general feel of the encounters, im in construction and tend to learn best by doing, rather than watching.

You cant choose how others get to play, crawl back under your rock OP :)
10/17/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Sunday
Seems easier just to ignore them

Because they may have made a mistake? That's a bit excessive.
I'm so casual I don't spend a second thinking about other people's gear.
10/17/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Whatwhywho
Anyone who supports LFR is nothing more than a commie pig who think everyone should be treated equally. If you need LFR, you're bad, get over it.

Just...you know, ignore his 7/8 in LFR (HAHAHA He couldn't even down Ghuun in lfr! I'm laughing so hard right now.)