Battle pets locked behind PvP content?

Pet Battles
I had to find out for myself about the faction pets since they're 2 of 7 pets I'm missing & thinking about starting the grind. So I logged onto Stormrage & asked Ryken himself. What better way to find out then straight from the horse's mouth (fingers LOL).

Thank you for taking the time & making the post here to clarify that you can obtain both factions pets without needing to do the grind all over!

Only 357 more levels for me! *grumble* LOL
10/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Ryken
10/19/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Rhosaleen
I know there were some in the past where you reached the honor level, got one side reward for free, and then the other side was available on a vendor. Does anyone know if maybe the crabs are that way too?

Yes, if you get honor 400 you get the pet on the faction you are on. Then you can log in the other faction and buy the other pet there off the vendor in your pvp area in your capital. (Hook Point/Mugambala)

And how many polished pet charms does that cost? 500? 600? Am I getting close?
10/19/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Cowpow
10/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Ryken

Yes, if you get honor 400 you get the pet on the faction you are on. Then you can log in the other faction and buy the other pet there off the vendor in your pvp area in your capital. (Hook Point/Mugambala)

Sir Snips and Bucketshell cost 500 gold each. No pet charms needed.
10/19/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Kailassa
10/19/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Cowpow

Sir Snips and Bucketshell cost 500 gold each. No pet charms needed.

You mean they aren't going to make us grind out honor level 400 and then grind out hundreds of polished battle stones too??? I guess the BFA quality review department was out sick the day that went through.
10/19/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Cowpow
You mean they aren't going to make us grind out honor level 400 and then grind out hundreds of polished battle stones too??? I guess the BFA quality review department was out sick the day that went through.

That's right, and everyone had suddenly, mysteriously, completely forgotten all the first aid they'd wasted so much cloth learning, so they couldn't fix each other.

Just joking - they actually realized scarcely any players would get anywhere near 400 honor levels so they didn't need further restrictions.
10/19/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Ziv
I had to find out for myself about the faction pets since they're 2 of 7 pets I'm missing & thinking about starting the grind. So I logged onto Stormrage & asked Ryken himself. What better way to find out then straight from the horse's mouth (fingers LOL).

Thank you for taking the time & making the post here to clarify that you can obtain both factions pets without needing to do the grind all over!

Only 357 more levels for me! *grumble* LOL

I'm honestly surprised there isn't legion-levels of honor gains available :( I was expecting with them pushing world pvp so much this expac, there'd be warmode-only wqs that gave honor similar to towers/ffas in Legion. Maybe in future patches to make it a little bit less daunting :(
No one mentioned this, but you can fly to Arathi and kill the rares for a chance at the drops. I would recommend joining a group--and you can check if it's warmode on or off. If you are Horde, I think Twilight Highlands is closest.

You don't have to (and shouldn't IMO) kill them during the scenario.

Also, if you have TomTom, you can get the addon, Arathi Rare Tracker, to pinpoint their locations on your map.
Yeah...I got complaints about some of the things they've been locking pets behind since Legion, but this isn't one of them.

Warfronts aren't ACTUALLY pvp. You just go in there when your faction owns the zone and clear out all the raids. Then do it again, like, 3 weeks later. You never have to fight another player.