The new Azerite Currency should Drop from M+.

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
The problem I see is that people will be enticed to do regular Mythic 0's to get azurite to scrap for currency. But I think the BETTER content that should be rewarded is M+ not M0's. So adding the currency at the end of M+ will make it more lucrative to do than doing M0's for a chance at azurite.

Two Ideas:

Have Currency drop from chest at the end of a M+ run. There could be a weekly cap so you can't farm forever.

2nd idea is to have a M+ weekly (similar to Island Expeiditons) that rewards you with currency for having completed however many M+s that week. Perhaps there is a weekly for 50 Azerite Tokens. And doing 10+ rewards 10 azerite tokens at the end. A M+5 rewards 5. and M+2 rewards 2. A Mythic Zero...rewards ZERO... but has a chance at that azerite piece. So you do 5 M+10 dungeons a week for cap of 50 azerite Tokens for the Weekly.

Rewarding M+ rather than M0's.
10/19/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Felera
The problem I see is that people will be enticed to do regular Mythic 0's to get azurite to scrap for currency.

Can you articulate why this is a problem?
10/19/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Signey

I can. Felera does M+ so anyone that doesn't shouldn't be rewarded for time spent.
If anything that's a good thing. Having stuff drop in m0 means you can be rewarded as a new player for doing content, alts can gear up, and geared players can farm lower M0 if they want to get specific pieces of azerite gear. You still have to do M+ for better pieces anyway.

Plus you get more currency by scrapping higher m+/raid gear. So there's really not a problem here at all, and it sounds like a surprisingly well thought out system
the problem with m0 is it incentivizes running content that you completely out-gear. there is too much of that as it is.

ideally a good game designer can take feedback like this and redistribute it into loot from the last boss of any mythic dungeon so all players can take advantage without running out-geared content with maybe slightly more from higher end content, but that might not even be necessary in this case.
100% agreed
I feel like it should be for both...

1) Being able to target gear is a massive step in the right direction

2) People should be rewarded for investing their time into content, all kinds of content

3) I see no problem with people going into a lower dungeon and being able to get a reward for helping others...That aids in building the community

4) Higher m+ should reward scrap from the chest and based on the completion time, to also get a reward
10/19/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Djava
the problem with m0 is it incentivizes running content that you completely out-gear. there is too much of that as it is.

you get better rewards for doing higher content, in the blizz post he noted +10 gives 3x as much as +7. So you arent really being incentivized that as you owuld have to do many more M0 dungeons ANDD.....

10/19/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Eventhia
3) I see no problem with people going into a lower dungeon and being able to get a reward for helping others...That aids in building the community

So really this system is fine

ideally a good game designer can take feedback like this and redistribute it into loot from the last boss of any mythic dungeon so all players can take advantage without running out-geared content with maybe slightly more from higher end content, but that might not even be necessary in this case.

On top of that it discourages loot sharing.

That high ilvl guy that just joined your M0, if he gets an Azerite piece while you're gearing an alt, guess what... It's getting scrapped. Same in LFR for the raiders that come there for weekly stuff.
The reason why it doesn't drop is because they don't want it to be immediately farmable.

Yeah, the weekly cap idea is an option, and I've tossed that around for a while. Using a system similar to the old arena system where the higher keys you ran increased the max amount you could earn.

It may just be unnecessarily complex. People would feel forced to run multiple M+ a week to max out those points. Requiring only a single key alleviates that.
Agreed
The M+ currency should drop in the same manner that Valor worked in the past.

In fact, scrap it. Just give us Justice/Valor and Honor/Conquest and call it a day.
Lore's post laid out the time table Blizzard seems to desire for acquisition.. 2-3 weeks per RNG loot box, and "long-term goal" for the targeted 385 (using current S1 item levels).

He said they haven't decided on currency numbers.. didn't say or even imply that they were still working out the time necessary -- only the costs. Since then, players have been suggesting all kinds of ideas for how to shorten that time frame... but nothing in his post indicates they would want to shorten the time frame.
10/19/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Felera

Rewarding M+ rather than M0's.
Absolutely not. In fact the new currency should drop from everything. WQs, BGs, Arenas, Raid bosses, M0, M+, scrapping, etc. M+ was supposed to be an alternative and/or supplementary path of progression, it's slowly becoming the only path of progression to even eclipsing raids. I want to do other !@#$ than the same !@#$ing dungeons over and over again! I want to have a reason to do the content already there!

"Oh but then things will be too easy to get! Having to balance the vendors and gear acquisition will be too hard!" Bull!@#$. This is how it worked forever since BC until they decided to remove gear vendors just to !@#$ with us. The currencies' names changed over time but this type of system, that leads to all aspects of the game slowly helping you progress over time, has existed for years.

Just listen to the gnome. It's the first time a gnome says something worth considering:
10/19/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Elenstelle
The M+ currency should drop in the same manner that Valor worked in the past.

In fact, scrap it. Just give us Justice/Valor and Honor/Conquest and call it a day.
10/19/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Signey

There is a huge problem with the current setup they are talking about. You get caches once a week.

Until we know the cost, we do not know how many WEEKS it will take you to be able to buy an upgrade. Based on past expansion's badges, it will probably be at least a MONTH to buy the lowest ilevel rng chest.

This means it would take several MONTHS to get the ones item you specifically want if you are willing to save up for it. Aka, it will not be too different from the current system in time spent.

The only difference is likely to be that you will have a clear goal and so the carrot will be right in front of your face and you will be less likely to unsub in frustration.

Agree completely. My guild will just break down into 370+ 5 man groups and farm through all the M0's as fast as possible. This isn't fun, it's tedious.
10/20/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Tenshirou
This means it would take several MONTHS to get the ones item you specifically want if you are willing to save up for it. Aka, it will not be too different from the current system in time spent.

The only difference is likely to be that you will have a clear goal and so the carrot will be right in front of your face and you will be less likely to unsub in frustration.

The gripe is usually that gear cannot be targeted. This change of theirs corrects that problem, sort of. But you're right, it will take weeks or months per piece. I don't believe it was ever their intention to shorten the time, and nothing in this expansion indicates lessening the time it takes players to achieve X goal. In the end, the longer it takes for players to reach their goals, the better for the health of the game (from a developer's perspective).
Simple fix for all this.

Their needs to be multiple currencies that are bracketed, just like end of dungeon chest. There is no reason why doing world quests or running m0-4 should eventually reward the same gear as m14.

And as far as I'm concerned, the vendor should have gear beyond just azerite pieces. I know four mages that have run freehold +10 or higher at least 15 times each trying for the belt with no luck. Again bracket the currency, you could even make it dungeon specific, make it require 20 runs or whatever to buy the specific piece you want, but allow us to target pieces.