Kicked

General Discussion
People lag sometimes, and that lag lowers the amount of dps you do by a good margin- you get kicked for low dps and get Deserter.

You do pvp instead: you die...can't self-res, get reported, and u have short time asking for res for ppl to come, kill the enemy, res me, and me find more enemy to fight to stop it. Sometimes that just don't work (not enough time) and I got kicked twice in 1 day for both of these happening.

Blizz you need to fix this!!
10/21/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Shamanella

first issue:
The thing is, your connection problems aren't blizzard's issue to fix.
If it's on their end, yes absolutely it's on them to fix, but that's likely not the case.

second issue:
you can't release and rez at the graveyard?

In both cases, if you're a detriment to the group, the kick was justified.

Blizz can't fix your lag
Definitely a “you” problem

Blizzard doesn’t need to do anything
try grouping with friends instead of strangers and you'll get kicked less.
If you were refusing to release to the graveyard, and by doing so inconveniencing the group, they were not wrong to votekick.
1st issue: getting deserter for it to me is...deserter: you abandoned your group- truth, they abandoned me

2nd issue: Release spirit was in grey and unclickable, couldn't res till a priest and dh came...killed the enemy team...used a res ability..then me go searching for a enemy when boom im kicked.
10/21/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Shamanella
you abandoned your group- truth, they abandoned me

wat??
1st issue: getting deserter for it to me is...deserter: you abandoned your group- truth, they abandoned me

Your lag abandoned you.
What's your internet speed? Have you did a speed test? just do a search in google or bing and type Internet Speed Test; I myself have 240 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload and a < 1 ms Ping and that's through cable straight wired not wireless.

When I had AT&T I was lucky to get 40 Mbps download and 5-8 Mbps Upload and I always had lag issues; Those Bloodsuckers at AT&T suck!
People lag sometimes, and that lag lowers the amount of dps you do by a good margin- you get kicked for low dps and get Deserter.

You do pvp instead: you die...can't self-res, get reported, and u have short time asking for res for ppl to come, kill the enemy, res me, and me find more enemy to fight to stop it. Sometimes that just don't work (not enough time) and I got kicked twice in 1 day for both of these happening.

Many times it IS on Bliz end, the lag anyway.
We play with my friends from another state and so far pretty much every time we've had lag its been on their end as well...meaning it ISNT my service or any server between my PC and the game server. Its Blizzards servers that are the problem pretty much every time we've been playing and getting laggy.

Dont expect them to change the kick vote feature over that. Its acceptable casualties that the few get screwed by the system if its working ok for the majority.
They do have to balance things so real cheaters cant take advantage, which Im betting was the reason its set up the way it is to begin with.
wat??[/quote]

Read what it says under Deserter: It says: You abandoned your group. I didn't abandon nothing, if you stand about on a boat and you get thrown overboard, you didn't abandon the group, they abandoned you to die at sea.
These sound less like a Blizz problem and more of a you problem. Look on YT, there are some things you can do to help with your connection but lag is all you.

Good luck

I knew when I saw this quote that this thread was a ME ME ME post!
10/21/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Shamanella
Read what it says under Deserter: It says: You abandoned your group. I didn't abandon nothing, if you stand about on a boat and you get thrown overboard, you didn't abandon the group, they abandoned you to die at sea.

Probably shouldn't use a IRL example, because you have to fit your lag into the boat scenario somehow.

In both scenarios you're not contributing to the group.

Why do they need to keep you around?

Maybe look at things from their point of view instead.
10/21/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Allycantz
10/21/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Shamanella

Probably shouldn't use a IRL example, because you have to fit your lag into the boat scenario somehow.

Lag: seasickness! :P
I don't blame the team..nowhere did I say "the teams that kicked me need punished". I said :Blizzard fix this.

Especially issue #2! If I can't press the "Release Spirit" button due to being grey/gray, thats on them!
10/21/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Shamanella
I don't blame the team..nowhere did I say "the teams that kicked me need punished". I said :Blizzard fix this.

Especially issue #2! If I can't press the "Release Spirit" button due to being grey/gray, thats on them!

Try reloading your UI. That fixed it for me the last time that happened.
So far the only good answer is that of Part 2 of Howlyn's speech. They can, but they don't want to work so hard at doing so as they'd 1 either have to check every person that dies which of course they won't or 2: set the game up so that it's always red. Since they do have it grey for bosses in dungeons that makes it quite hard though...thing was it was a random bg... there is a difference. But ah well..thanks for amusing me peepz!!! :)
10/21/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Tsataga
10/21/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Shamanella

Try reloading your UI. That fixed it for me the last time that happened.
Cures what ails ya.
I cant remember how many times something has screwed up and really bent me out of shape only to figure out that /reload fixed it pronto