Kicked

General Discussion
Well..not pronto..gotta wait the loading screen which can also take time!..anyways...it's whatever at this point as nothing'll get done neways..
10/21/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Shamanella
Well..not pronto..gotta wait the loading screen which can also take time!..anyways...it's whatever at this point as nothing'll get done neways..

If you're having problems with lag, that's a you issue, and "nothing'll get done neways...", anyway. They can't fix your lag issues. Also, if one person in the group is having lag issues, it can sometimes cause others in the group to have lag issues, so why should they pick up your slack?

And as others have asked, what's your internet speed?
Try playing on a realm closest to where you live.

I'm sure there is a list somewhere for individual realms and what data center they use. It's either Chicago, Los Angeles, or Australia

I get 25ms to a Chicago server, 75-80 for LA.

Of course this all goes out the window with CRZ sometimes, but it's something you could try if you have a bad connection.

Edit - apparently there are servers in New York and Phoniex also
10/21/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Parabnormal
If you're having problems with lag, that's a you issue, and "nothing'll get done neways...", anyway. They can't fix your lag issues. Also, if one person in the group is having lag issues, it can sometimes cause others in the group to have lag issues, so why should they pick up your slack?

You do know that the chat lately is about issue 2 not 1. In issue 1: I've checked: 15 ping, 8.61 DL, 2.24 UL: Wireless (living with others), so comparing me to him also doesn't work unless I wire myself up which can't.

Issue 2 isn't about lag, it's about "Grey Release button" which people are stating /reload.
Having both happen right after another in short timeframe is quite..taxing on the brain.

And last: back to issue 1: you're still referring as if i said : Blizz plz punish the kickers! Plz give up with saying "why should they pick up on your slack" cuz that is basically saying im saying for blizz to do that. No..I'm stating blizz needs to fix "Deserter" for part 1, part 2: fix so i don't get kicked while unable to release which isn't a lag issue. As said: nothing will get fixed cuz blizz can't perfect a game to do exactly what it should every moment as that'd be a miracle and they don't produce those.
10/21/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Flynt
Try playing on a realm closest to where you live.

I'm sure there is a list somewhere for individual realms and what data center they use. It's either Chicago, Los Angeles, or Australia

I get 25ms to a Chicago server, 75-80 for LA.

Of course this all goes out the window with CRZ sometimes, but it's something you could try if you have a bad connection.

Edit - apparently there are servers in New York and Phoniex also

Thanks. I'm closest to Detroit if going by US standards (163 km) aka EST..server I'm on is PDT I think. Sad, it's not only based on that but also how huge the server is (playerbase). Most servers in the EST bracket are overfull. :P
8.61 download speed is outrageously low. I don't think I've had a connection that slow since 2006. The grey release button is not necessarily Blizzards fault, it could be an add-on issue. I've had that problem before, but only perhaps twice in the years I've played.
So the problem with the gray release button was this a one time event or dose it continue to happen. If the release is gray all the time try disabeling all the add-ons you have installed as add-ons can cause some UI issues.

Your internet speed is kind of slow and I know you cannot do anything about that but ping would be coming that would contribute to lag even more. Being on wierless also increases the ping. The only thing you can hope for if there is another server you can find a lower ping on. However that would require a transfer.

You may want to find out what your intenet connection is rated for and if the wierless router supports the seed such if the router supports up to wierless N and your WiFi adapter only goes up to G you my want to upgrade your adapter.
10/21/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Wariya
10/21/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Shamanella
you abandoned your group- truth, they abandoned me

wat??

Sunday is the best day for having fun here. I laugh so much. Oh, great joy!
10/21/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Shamanella
10/21/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Parabnormal

You do know that the chat lately is about issue 2 not 1. In issue 1: I've checked: 15 ping, 8.61 DL, 2.24 UL: Wireless (living with others), so comparing me to him also doesn't work unless I wire myself up which can't.

Issue 2 isn't about lag, it's about "Grey Release button" which people are stating /reload.
Having both happen right after another in short timeframe is quite..taxing on the brain.

And last: back to issue 1: you're still referring as if i said : Blizz plz punish the kickers! Plz give up with saying "why should they pick up on your slack" cuz that is basically saying im saying for blizz to do that. No..I'm stating blizz needs to fix "Deserter" for part 1, part 2: fix so i don't get kicked while unable to release which isn't a lag issue. As said: nothing will get fixed cuz blizz can't perfect a game to do exactly what it should every moment as that'd be a miracle and they don't produce those.

With that connection speed you're lucky you're able to play at all to be honest and even if you hard wired in it may not be enough.

Are there any splitters on your line that is if it's through a cable connection, a bad splitter can cause the signal to be weak as well.

If it's a DSL connection going to your wireless I would suggest getting up with your Internet Service Provider to find out what the issue is because to be honest I've not seen speeds that low in many many years.

I would almost be willing to bet that there is a connection issue somewhere before it connects to your ISP system or to your wireless router, Could be a bad RJ-45 connection or a splitter; Also if many people are using that router and logging on at the same time could cause this issue too; But honestly I haven't seen it that bad only in some motels as I would travel.

Anyway, I hope that you can get your problem corrected OP.
10/21/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Shamanella

Nope, I'm not referring to it as you saying "Blizz plz punish the kickers!", I'm saying that Blizzard can't fix your lag issues. The problem is on your end, not Blizzard's, so there's nothing there to fix. And a group you're with has every right to kick you if your lag issues are interfering with the group activity. THAT'S who I am saying "why should they have to pick up your slack" about, the group not Blizzard. The group is the one that kicked you, not Blizzard. There is nothing there for Blizzard to fix. It's all on you. You went in knowing you can/will have lag issues(8.6 DL on a wireless connection with others using it is going to be a LOT of lag), so you have to face the consequences.
10/21/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Shamanella
People lag sometimes, and that lag lowers the amount of dps you do by a good margin- you get kicked for low dps and get Deserter.

You do pvp instead: you die...can't self-res, get reported, and u have short time asking for res for ppl to come, kill the enemy, res me, and me find more enemy to fight to stop it. Sometimes that just don't work (not enough time) and I got kicked twice in 1 day for both of these happening.

Blizz you need to fix this!!

DADDY BLIZZ buy me better internets!
the kicks are out of control and the retardation of them are insane. i just got kick from an island expansion because the guy who was prot was mad that i was following him. yes that is correct i got kicked for following a tank.............. WTH is this game coming to.
10/21/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Nilfürian
8.61 download speed is outrageously low. I don't think I've had a connection that slow since 2006. The grey release button is not necessarily Blizzards fault, it could be an add-on issue. I've had that problem before, but only perhaps twice in the years I've played.
yeah. one of my addons is causing some mailbox/AH/internal bag error thats driving me nuts.
I think it was what caused the mailbox to screw up at a point and lock me out of it for about an hour where I could see my crap in there, but couldnt get it to open.
No clue which addon it is, though. Ive tried shutting them off one by one and seeing if the problem resolves itself, but so far nothing.
10/22/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Warbringers
the kicks are out of control and the retardation of them are insane. i just got kick from an island expansion because the guy who was prot was mad that i was following him. yes that is correct i got kicked for following a tank.............. WTH is this game coming to.

I did two IE's and that was enough for me.
It was FAR worse than the overgeared DPS and Tanks and their overly inflated egos at the end of Legion.
I wont run another one for any reason since Bliz decided to make in such a way as to be pure chaos.
and some keep wondering why many of us dont want to play this MMO as an MMO but as a solo game instead.
One IE run should make it pretty clear.
10/21/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Shamanella
1st issue: getting deserter for it to me is...deserter: you abandoned your group- truth, they abandoned me

You abandoned your group by failing to provide your worth in a group environment, it doesn't matter if you lagged out, or afked. Battlegrounds and bosses don't get conquered because people lag into victory. If you're having that much trouble with lag, you need to avoid competitive group content or get more stable internet.

It's an answer you wont like but it isn't any less true. Stop peeing in everyone's cherrios because you don't have any milk.
10/21/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Shamanella
People lag sometimes, and that lag lowers the amount of dps you do by a good margin- you get kicked for low dps and get Deserter.

You do pvp instead: you die...can't self-res, get reported, and u have short time asking for res for ppl to come, kill the enemy, res me, and me find more enemy to fight to stop it. Sometimes that just don't work (not enough time) and I got kicked twice in 1 day for both of these happening.

Blizz you need to fix this!!

Groups who are WORTH the energy you will want to invest will understand if your lagging and try to work with you to get the run done.
Do you really want to play the game with self absorbed people who come in here crying and whining about how the game isnt 'social' enough, but then kick you at the drop of a hat the first time your connection lags?
I sure as crap dont.
They did you a favor.
Next time get names so you can put them on ignore, that way you never have the misfortune of seeing them in random content again.