I’m 355ilvl...

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
...despite having never done any raiding, mythic dungeons, or rated BGs/arenas. Is this working as intended? Why do harder content when I can spam random BGs and Warfronts for the same rewards?
Because blizzard reward players based on luck instead of effort and challenge now.

Didn't you get the memo?
mean while others who are doing raids and mystic + are sitting around 380+ and wondering why your so low. Tho given enough time you could still reach that point passively and with a bit of luck so your not wrong either...
Well that's just a lie. Your trinket drops from Taloc.
I got a 2h sword from uldir when I did the timewalking quest a while back. There isn't anything to do in the game beside watching your item level grow in one way or the other.
...and yet your profile says LFR 6/8. Hmmm... LFR... Looking For Raid... For Raid... Raid.
6/8 lfr just because it is an easy version of raiding it still counts (kinda, i feel dirty saying it).
However really you have spent lots of time (high level neck) for what most people consider a low ilvl, now you have some gear go do stuff and catch up :)
Regular Raiders are like 370+ now lol
You can get 380+ without having to step foot into mythic raiding. In fact outside of azerite gear and trinkets, mythic raids offer really low levels of top tier loot now. If you were to dip into mythic+ even at low levels your ilvl would eventually reach 370+ just due to luck.
355 is starter gear.

You play the game for challenge not for gear. Playing solely for e-rewards is unhealthy.

There is no meritocracy. It's a myth.

If you want real rewards based on your performance get a real job.

Don't be scared to have fun in WoW. It's a game.
10/28/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Shadows
...despite having never done any raiding, mythic dungeons, or rated BGs/arenas. Is this working as intended? Why do harder content when I can spam random BGs and Warfronts for the same rewards?

Yes it's working as intended?

Who told you 355+ is the high end gear now?

360+ is the average ilvl you get from doing nothing...

Heroic drops 370+ - Mythic 385+

So compare your 355+ to the 370+ guy... yes, you are not getting rewarded for doing nothing you are gearing normally...
10/28/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Gorthus
Because blizzard reward players based on luck instead of effort and challenge now.

Didn't you get the memo?

Getting 355+ is being rewarded now? what do you want the casual players that don't even raid or do anything to be at? what level 330+? like please..
But are you having fun?
Because harder content leads to higher ilevel gear than the 340-355 trash you get from casual content?

I guess if you wanted to wait 9 warfront cycles for caches as your sole form of progression and mindlessly grind out BGs while praying for a reward to war/titanforge then you could feasibly, but most definitely not efficiently, gear up to around 365.

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, on a single week I can get a minimum of 3-4 370s from raiding, 365 (soon to be 370 when I push for 2100) from my end of match rewards in 2v2, a 380 or better in my weekly M+ cache from doing my +10 and a 370 (380 soon) or better in my weekly PvP cache from being 1800 or higher. If it wasn't for my terrible luck with weapon drops I'd easily be 370+ already.

I'm curious as to what lead you to believe the rewards were equal, as they most certainly are not. I am rewarded better, and more importantly much more efficiently, for focusing on more challenging content rather than not.
If you're having fun and continuing to pay Blizzard and plan to continue doing so then sure, it's working as intended.
You play the game for the experience not just rewards ... I had a boosted 110 3.5 months back when I bought BFA but I leveled a character up from 0 to 110 in that time for the experience of playing the game.
10/28/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Heaces
...and yet your profile says LFR 6/8. Hmmm... LFR... Looking For Raid... For Raid... Raid.
Pretty sad how you would consider LFR would be actual "raiding" but then again what to expect from a person that's only ever seem to have done looking for "raid" and knows no better
10/28/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Shadows
Congrats. But the harsh truth is no one is impressed or really cares. But to answer your final question, many of us do the harder content because we like the challenge and pushing ourselves to overcome that challenge. It's kinda like asking why people climb that mountain. Because it's there.
10/28/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Rhulos
If you're having fun and continuing to pay Blizzard and plan to continue doing so then sure, it's working as intended.

To many people playing WoW it is serious business. To them if you're having fun you're playing wrong.
Perhaps because they understand that even casual players, given enough time, should have the opportunity to move ahead a bit.
10/28/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Edisbelee

Getting 355+ is being rewarded now? what do you want the casual players that don't even raid or do anything to be at? what level 330+? like please..

Normal Uldir drops 355 and 355 is very easily obtainable outside of Uldir. Hell you can get to 360 or even 370 fairly easily as a casual player if you get lucky enough.

Gearing is a joke with the RNG slot machine that is WoW and titanforging today

Also kudos on posting from your level 1 alt