I’m 355ilvl...

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
10/28/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Shadows

You speak of normal Uldir as dropping only 355 gear, but just like your WQs and BGs have a chance of giving much higher Ilvl, normal Uldir does too. The difference is that it caps out in the 380s

I got a 385 bracer from a Warfront quest. That is mythic Uldir level. No need to push progression raiding when I can get the same rewards AFKing Warfronts.

If you are AFK'ing Warfronts, or LFR for that matter, you're doing it wrong.
10/28/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Shadows
...despite having never done any raiding, mythic dungeons, or rated BGs/arenas. Is this working as intended? Why do harder content when I can spam random BGs and Warfronts for the same rewards?

355... why do harder content...

Lol I was 355 week 1 in August.

I got a 385 bracer from a Warfront quest. That is mythic Uldir level. No need to push progression raiding when I can get the same rewards AFKing Warfronts.

If you are AFK'ing Warfronts, or LFR for that matter, you're doing it wrong.

My steady stream of gear says otherwise.
Who cares what ilvl you are? I mean really...
I'm always confused by people who treat item level progression as their sole measure of progression in the game. What do you *do* with the gear?
10/28/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Gorthus
Because blizzard reward players based on luck instead of effort and challenge now.

Didn't you get the memo?

Which you can thank the community for who kept/keep complaining about not getting high enough gear. Don't blame Blizzard for listening to people. So many people complain saying they don't want to raid, pvp nor do LFR yet want the same gear. Well, here you go.
10/29/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Advective
I'm always confused by people who treat item level progression as their sole measure of progression in the game. What do you *do* with the gear?

Well that makes sense if they have no guild, or can't find other people to play with. What else is there to do to measure achievement?
Also, to everyone bragging about their 380 gear from raids out of 1 side of their mouth, while saying that gear isn't why they play out of the other....

I seriously hope some patch they remove all ilvl from gear. If the gear is for a max level character, it is identical in stats to all other gear at that max level. Then, you can play your hard stuff, and others can play their "casual" stuff. Then truly gear wouldn't matter. I mean, you keep saying it doesn't matter, and isn't why you play... so no harm in you losing that reward, right?

No. You'd scream. You want that higher number to make you appear better than others. You don't raid for fun. You scream and yell at your guildies with your mic muted. You stare at the damage meters, and setup filters to remove that affliction warlock from your meter because "he's a caster, and I'm melee... so its ok if he's above me". !@#$ing liars with absolutely zero achievement in real life, so you have to pretend that this matters.

L.O.L.
10/29/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Ôüöèáúò
Also, to everyone bragging about their 380 gear from raids out of 1 side of their mouth, while saying that gear isn't why they play out of the other....

I seriously hope some patch they remove all ilvl from gear. If the gear is for a max level character, it is identical in stats to all other gear at that max level. Then, you can play your hard stuff, and others can play their "casual" stuff. Then truly gear wouldn't matter. I mean, you keep saying it doesn't matter, and isn't why you play... so no harm in you losing that reward, right?

No. You'd scream. You want that higher number to make you appear better than others. You don't raid for fun. You scream and yell at your guildies with your mic muted. You stare at the damage meters, and setup filters to remove that affliction warlock from your meter because "he's a caster, and I'm melee... so its ok if he's above me". !@#$ing liars with absolutely zero achievement in real life, so you have to pretend that this matters.

L.O.L.

Fact!
Perhaps, perhaps... you could try to do things for fun instead of for gear?

That's the point of a game: having fun.

If you don't want to do content just because the gear they give is not an upgrade, then you are not having fun...
10/28/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Heaces
...and yet your profile says LFR 6/8. Hmmm... LFR... Looking For Raid... For Raid... Raid.

It's amazing that so many people consider this raiding. lol
Only 355?
That's low.
The least I can accept is 390 full titanforge!
...despite having never done any raiding, mythic dungeons, or rated BGs/arenas. Is this working as intended? Why do harder content when I can spam random BGs and Warfronts for the same rewards?

Yes. Most people average ilvl is 375 from m + and pug rating. A lot morw is in the 380s.
I am at 349ilvl without actual raiding ( just LFR ) and Mythic+. I had 2 370 and 1 355 items drop from World Boss. RNG is great for me.
...and yet your profile says LFR 6/8. Hmmm... LFR... Looking For Raid... For Raid... Raid.

Implying that LFR is raiding
10/29/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Lemres

If you don't want to do content just because the gear they give is not an upgrade, then you are not having fun...

Doing harder content while not getting meaningful rewards isn’t fun.
10/29/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Shadows
10/29/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Lemres

Then doing harder content is not what is fun for you.
Hmmm... LFR... Looking For Raid... For Raid... Raid.

Looking for raids... for raids... raids... aids

OMG!
10/29/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Lemres
10/29/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Shadows

Then doing harder content is not what is fun for you.

I guess not.

Gift Horse comes up and gives you the best smooch of your life.

And what do we do?