Anyone else a little worried about Blizzcon?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Even with the amount of security there, with everything that's going on right now in the news, I honestly can't really lie and say that I'm not at least a little bit worried/anxious about something like that possibly happening at Blizzcon.

I'm not going to let my fear get to me of course and I'm still going to go, but it's hard to shake this feeling and it really sucks.

Does anyone else feel the same at all? Any suggestions on how to feel better about it and not let it ruin your enjoyment of Blizzcon?
I can't be worried because I don't care.
I refuse to live in that kind of fear.

That is, I may not go outside because I'm lazy and humanity is a seething mass of stress.. but.. it won't be because of fear of terrorist or something like that. That is, I'll give in to laziness, apathy, and being anti-social.. but I won't give in to fear!
Australian, Lifes Good Down Here.
10/29/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Pook
Even with the amount of security there, with everything that's going on right now in the news, I honestly can't really lie and say that I'm not at least a little bit worried/anxious about something like that possibly happening at Blizzcon.

I'm not going to let my fear get to me of course and I'm still going to go, but it's hard to shake this feeling and it really sucks.

Does anyone else feel the same at all? Any suggestions on how to feel better about it and not let it ruin your enjoyment of Blizzcon?

I feel a lot safer in the US than I ever do in Europe, and I go there annually, and yet a lot of Europeans say the opposite. I think everywhere has a chance of violence. If the fear of a violent death paralyzes you, you'll just end up staying home all of the time, and is that really living either?
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.
10/29/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Snowfox
I refuse to live in that kind of fear.

That is, I may not go outside because I'm lazy and humanity is a seething mass of stress.. but.. it won't be because of fear of terrorist or something like that. That is, I'll give in to laziness, apathy, and being anti-social.. but I won't give in to fear!

Oh for sure, I won't either. It's just hard to ignore what's been going on lately and to shake the anxiety about going to a large event like that and having something similar happen. I just hope it doesn't ruin my fun of going to Blizzcon. :(
The smell should act as a barrier of sorts.
One of these years I'll go, but I'm not terribly worried about security. Blizzard has had a good run with safe Blizzcons and other con events.
You cannot live your life in fear of what MIGHT happen. I refuse to let fear guide my life.

Hopefully someone isn't that pissed over the fact they didn't get the upgrade they wanted in BFA.
10/29/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Somalion
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.

This!
The people who just sook on the forums make me also think a lot of the US are just self entitled, expect hand outs, among other things.
No offense to those who aren't like that but there is a large number of vocal people who give people like myself a false sense of what Americans or others are like.

Europeans are as misinformed about the US as Americans are misinformed about Europe. But for some unknown reason, Europeans tend to be smugger and more arrogant about it, and a LOT more obsessed with the US than vice versa.
10/29/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Pook

Actually incels are attacking lefties all over the place, and Blizz has put all this involuntary social justice propaganda into crappy BfA, so yeah its a risk.

Wild Wild West here baby. Its why we bail you girls out every time someone invades, all you girls know how to do is throw a baguette at a panzer.
10/29/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Knifeblade
One of these years I'll go, but I'm not terribly worried about security. Blizzard has had a good run with safe Blizzcons and other con events.

Yeah for sure, if I didn't know that Blizzard is on top of having good security at Blizzcon, I probably would not want to go this year honestly.
Apparently, having armed guards solves all problems.

Maybe give some the cosplay Tyrandes running around a real bow + arrows?
Virtual ticket or skip. That being said I've went to conventions in and out of state and you can't let fear stop you. I'm sure there are security and prop checks; that they do everything they can to make sure it's safe. It's more of a matter of money with me being a poor pre-graduate school student (would love to go places & conventions irl again, but I am super broke, in that I probably can't afford to spend 700 to do these things). Ironically I used to live by that convention center when I was about 4 years old. ;)