Anyone else a little worried about Blizzcon?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
10/29/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
10/29/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Somalion
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.

Wild Wild West here baby. Its why we bail you girls out every time someone invades, all you girls know how to do is throw a baguette at a panzer.

a) don't live in Europe
b) Canada has bailed out the US in many more battles than the US has ever bailed us out.
c) the only country to beat you on your own soil is Canada.
Don't let hate win.
Try to keep in mind that there are all sorts of conventions going on all the time, all over the country. The odds of someone picking Blizzcon, which has no political or social agenda is a lot smaller than someone picking a convention that would be likely to be housing people that they don't agree with about something.

I wouldn't think much at all about going , if I were going.
10/29/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Abragar
Don't let hate win.

Great message, I dunno why but that made me feel a lot better. Thank you!
10/29/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Pook
Yeah for sure, if I didn't know that Blizzard is on top of having good security at Blizzcon, I probably would not want to go this year honestly.

I understand your apprehension. I really do. But don't let a few bad eggs make you live your life in fear. That's no way to live. Case and point, I may be angry at more than a few things in game right now, but I am going to be decorating my house with a Old God theme this year, complete with C'thun and Tentacles coming out of the yard.

Current plan is to add a new Old God every year or so as to keep it under budget. C'thun being a Eyeball is easy enough. I've even designed a Faceless One mask and will be wearing it to terrify the children of my neighborhood.

My point is, go because you love the game and what it represents. Haters can choke on warm kielbasa. Have fun, share in the camaraderie with others that share this passion, and enjoy yourself. Life is too short to be afraid or fearful.

“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” ~ William Shakespeare

Have a great one everyone. ^^
No.

I refuse to live in fear of what might or might not happen. As soon as we let that fear dictate how we live or what we do in our every day lives, we give power to those who seek to create fear through violence. Still be aware of your surroundings but do not let the possibility of violence stop you from enjoying life.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wild Wild West here baby. Its why we bail you girls out every time someone invades, all you girls know how to do is throw a baguette at a panzer.

a) don't live in Europe
b) Canada has bailed out the US in many more battles than the US has ever bailed us out.
c) the only country to beat you on your own soil is Canada.

Mexico won a few battles in what is now the US during Texas independence, and 1812 was the British, not the Canadians.

Canadians are lol generally. Just look at who you elected president, if you guys had any balls you would laugh him out of office and vote Jordan Peterson in.

How bad is it when I shoot better than you, !@#$ better than you, bench press more than you, vote out patsies, and know more Canadian history than a Canadian?
10/29/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Pook
Even with the amount of security there, with everything that's going on right now in the news, I honestly can't really lie and say that I'm not at least a little bit worried/anxious about something like that possibly happening at Blizzcon.

I'm not going to let my fear get to me of course and I'm still going to go, but it's hard to shake this feeling and it really sucks.

Does anyone else feel the same at all? Any suggestions on how to feel better about it and not let it ruin your enjoyment of Blizzcon?

No. Anything entertainment related is usually ignored by the psychos who orchestrate the various incidents.

Still, if you just have a bad feeling then perhaps you should listen to that. I think we should always listen to our instincts and those usually show up in our gut.
"everything that's going on now"

What's that?
Not going unfortunately and honestly that is the reason I don't go to the US at all. US citizens seem to be obsessed with shooting each other all the time constantly which boggles my mind.
Pish posh that only happens at schools, malls and neighborhoods.... better yet do what your doing don't come over here just stay home and have a coffee with some creme.
You should always maintain a sense of security security conscious no matter where you go. It's only proper to maintain vigilance these days.
10/29/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Abragar
Don't let hate win.

cringe

The hell kinda unfair narrow minded generalization is this garbage.
I think that worst that will happen is maybe get a lot of boo’s in the audience when Lon picks up the Mike. Because he knows what’s best for us.
10/29/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Darkenstein

The hell kinda unfair narrow minded generalization is this garbage.

Eh, the usual hyperbole about the US. Nothing really new.
10/29/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Pharsalus
The smell should act as a barrier of sorts.

I had a friend go to one of those Games Done Quick events and he said it was so bad in the convention hall they were using. Please people, take a shower, use deodorant and do not layer yourself in 3 coats of body spray.
10/29/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Utterly
"everything that's going on now"

What's that?
Also you are an alt or completely new to wow which I doubt. Lol you know what’s going on and your trying to lie to your self. Lawl
10/29/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Miadra
Try to keep in mind that there are all sorts of conventions going on all the time, all over the country. The odds of someone picking Blizzcon, which has no political or social agenda is a lot smaller than someone picking a convention that would be likely to be housing people that they don't agree with about something.

I wouldn't think much at all about going , if I were going.

I'm sure that's what the folks at that Madden football tourney thought a few weeks ago.
I wish a worgen would. I would get outta my debt.
10/29/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Snowfox
I refuse to live in that kind of fear.

That is, I may not go outside because I'm lazy and humanity is a seething mass of stress.. but.. it won't be because of fear of terrorist or something like that. That is, I'll give in to laziness, apathy, and being anti-social.. but I won't give in to fear!
AMEN BROTHER (or sister, I don't know...)